Next Online

19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have to say I never thought i'd be posting in the fashion and beauty forum but here goes.. :o

I keep getting Next giftcards for Christmas, still have money on the one from last year.

Never really been a Next shopper, I went into one of their larger stores yesterday to see If I could spend them and it was all very "Laddish" or £32 for a shirt similar to one in Sainsburys/Asda/Tesco for half the price.

Just had a look on their website, found a few items in their clearence no problem....proceed to checkout.

£3.99 delivery fair enough, but they don't deliver to non residential addresses, no good as we both work no one would be in for delivery.

Free delivery to your local store, fantastic it's only up the road on a retail park, but if you take this option you can't pay by gift card (apparently the same if I had delivery to an alternative residential address anyway)

Finally to add insult to injury I fill in the contact us form with my rant and hit send to get "We have encountered a error sending your form please contact us on 08......" Argggggh:cry:

I don't understand the logic, surely gift cards are given as gifts they have no records of who holds them and where they live. There's no difference between going into a store and using it or using it online, in fact they would get more details online.

Surely if the name I gave on the order matched the name on the ID supplied when I went to collect the order there wouldn't be a issue.

Next year i'm giving them away!

Comments

• cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that it's to do with collection of payment - the money will only come off the card when the item is dispatched and as the card has a set amount on it there would be no way to know if it has been used up in between order placement and dispatch.
  • cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've got an account with them, there is a 'Pay by Giftcard' option that you can use when the payment becomes due.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sell them on Facebook. Don't give them away. Someone will rip your arm off near sales time. Just knock a fiver off the total amount of the gift card.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can always order in store from the catalogue? Think they will accept a gift card then.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only used Next once, and that was with a gift card. It annoyed me that to be able to use my gift card online I had to open an account and become a customer. I didn't want to become a customer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    ...I didn't want to become a customer.
    By shopping anywhere you become a customer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »
    By shopping anywhere you become a customer!

What I meant was, I didn't want to give Next all my personal info and contact info when i was making one purchase using a gift card online
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    What I meant was, I didn't want to give Next all my personal info and contact info when i was making one purchase using a gift card online
    Without knowing who you are and how to contact you how will they confirm the order or deliver to you?
    If you want to remain anonymous shop in the store, not online.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    You are right not to want to open an account, they will run a credit check on you.

But re delivery, they use Hermes in my area so might deliver in the evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »
    Without knowing who you are and how to contact you how will they confirm the order or deliver to you?
    If you want to remain anonymous shop in the store, not online.

They can deliver to me by knowing my address. They shouldn't need to know my date of birth, how much I earn, how long I have lived at my current address and what my occupation is.

Anything else you wish to add ?
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note that if you buy online and want to return an item...the credit is to you next online account. You can't get a cash refund even if you take it into the store to return. I found this highly irritating whe it happened to me
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think with Next buying online they automatically set up an account for you...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    A few years ago i ordered a skirt from Next online, and naively didn't think much of the questions they were asking, i just assumed i was making an account like i would at any other online store. My own fault really for not reading the finer details.

Everything was fine for a few weeks, then suddenly i got a catalogue through the door, followed by a statement saying i owe (i cant remember the actual amount so say) £5 for the catalogue!

I was so mad with them, such cheek. I rang up and complained and got the account closed and the charge removed. Only shopped in store since, and even then i was carefull not to buy anything i may have to take back.