Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the unfortunate experience of meeting a soap actor and their partner. They came into the theatre, demanded free tickets, and when they didnt get them they stormed off. I had no idea who they were ( as I dont watch much soaps) so they got really pissed off and left the theatre.
  • rockar82rockar82 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    My dad took my auntie to a Cilla Black show years ago as my aunt was a fan of hers and they went to a pub after the show.When in came Cilla and her hangers on and my aunt asked if she would like a drink as did a few others in the bar and she turned to one of her hangers on and said quite rudely is their no where i can get five minutes to myself in this f*****g place and from these people,to which a few in the bar were put right off her after that including my aunt.On the other hand my ex girlfriend was a make up artist in london and i got to meet a few interesting people through her including .
    Good ones are.
    Annie lennox who was great really talkative and engrossed in her charity work more than music.
    Martin kemp also great.
    Paul o'Grady funny, very bubbly character.
    Nicky byrne from Westlife who my ex loved and who i kept calling ricky as i never knew him until i seen him on MTV and two of his band mates mark something and shane who were also their.
    Tom Cruise who would stand and speak to you all day he was excellent and very bright to.

not so good
    Barbera Windsor very snippy
    Matt LeBlanc no time for no one
    few z listers who i can remember from BB who thought they were it and ended up nout
    Katie Price very picky and loud demanding to.
    There's a few more, just can't remember at the moment my ex could write a few books about some of them but she never minded them just done her job and blocked the cheeky ones out and spoke away to the ones that wasn't bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met loads from eastenders and Waterloo road. But the nicest for me is David Witts who plays Joey Ranning in eastenders. He is completely different to his character, so lovely and kind!! Very polite too!! Met him three times:)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier in the thread, (could be a couple of years ago even), someone linked a website where cabin crew from airlines commented on famous people they'd had on the flights. Does anyone remember what the website was called. As I recall, Cilla Black wasn't a popular passenger. Yes, I know, a real shock to everyone reading here!!! I have tried to Google it but with no success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    It might be the 'pprune' site you are after -they used to have a celeb thread and no, ms white was not much appreciated.
  • Ruby94Ruby94 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Earlier in the thread, (could be a couple of years ago even), someone linked a website where cabin crew from airlines commented on famous people they'd had on the flights. Does anyone remember what the website was called. As I recall, Cilla Black wasn't a popular passenger. Yes, I know, a real shock to everyone reading here!!! I have tried to Google it but with no success.

Here you go:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IrishChick wrote: »
    I had the unfortunate experience of meeting a soap actor and their partner. They came into the theatre, demanded free tickets, and when they didnt get them they stormed off. I had no idea who they were ( as I dont watch much soaps) so they got really pissed off and left the theatre.

Aww I want to know who it is!! :D
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I have met some celebrities at events..usually their own events where they come out signing autographs etc..but am not going to talk about them as I think when they do this it is accepted as part of their job..so they are usually nice..

Actually bumping into celebrities or coming across them in everyday lives whilst they are shopping etc is very different..

I havent any major celebs like this but have literally bumped into William Roache (Ken Barlow) who was very apologetic and lovely..Mike Baldwin of corrie fame held 2 doors open for me and ushered me through..a real gent..I met Sid Little from Little and Large whilst my mum was trying on clothes in a clothese store..he was waiting for someone in the changing room too and we got chatting then it clicked who he was..very normal,nice guy...also met the Crankies in a restraunt when I was younger and they were at the height of their fame..both of them came over to say hello when they finished their meal because I couldnt stop looking at them..(I was young!!) but thought that was nice..met Alison King from corrie in a shop..couldnt help smiling at her and she was warm and friendly to anyone who apporached her..I was struggling up some stairs with a toddler and a buggy with a baby in in a shopping complex and a man said here you go love and grabbed the bottom of the buggy and helped me up the stairs..it was Bobby ball of Cannon and Ball and he was really lovely and not attention seeking at all like his persona..met Steve Mcmahon England footballer when he was at his height of fame and like an idiot stared at him and thought I know him from somewhere..so asked if he drank in my local pub..doh!!!!..he knew the score but didnt play the big man and was amused by me trying to guess where knew him from..he left and didnt tell me but one of my work collegues did..met the Grumbleweeds when they were famous..they came into a clothes shop I worked in briefly trying on dresses for their new show..they were nuts!!!..did Elain Paiges hair when she was playing our local theatre years ago..she was nice but I was told not to speak to her too much...used to serve a few Everton players reguarly in a shop I worked in when was a teenager..quite a few Everton players lived in our village..including Gary Linekar..all seemed Ok but not being much of a footy fan didnt mean anything to me..Went to school with Andrew Lancel..of the BIll and Corries Frank Foster fame..he was fun at school..met him at a school reunion earlier this year and he was nice..but not the same...used to reguarly cut the hair of Andrew Mcrory Shand of Teletubbie,Rosie and Jim,Tots TV music fame..never appreciated how important his music was until I had my own children and his theme tunes were mandatory in this house..really,really lovely guy with an equally lovely wife..used to also style the hair of an old fim directors wife (I am ashamed to say I cant remmebr his name) but he used to approach me..hold my hands and tell me in a luvvy way how wonderful he wanted me to make his wife look and how he had every faith in me..I was young and he made me nervous!!!..his wife was an elegant,beautiful woman who was so kind and lovely..

My sister is the queen of meeting famous people..she has met some big,big names..not all very nice but thats for her to tell..
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the above post be any more difficult to read?:rolleyes:
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I have met some celebrities at events..usually their own events where they come out signing autographs etc..but am not going to talk about them as I think when they do this it is accepted as part of their job..so they are usually nice..

Actually bumping into celebrities or coming across them in everyday lives whilst they are shopping etc is very different..

I havent any major celebs like this but have literally bumped into William Roache (Ken Barlow) who was very apologetic and lovely..
    Mike Baldwin of corrie fame held 2 doors open for me and ushered me through..a real gent.
    .I met Sid Little from Little and Large whilst my mum was trying on clothes in a clothese store..he was waiting for someone in the changing room too and we got chatting then it clicked who he was..very normal,nice guy...
    also met the Crankies in a restraunt when I was younger and they were at the height of their fame..both of them came over to say hello when they finished their meal because I couldnt stop looking at them..(I was young!!) but thought that was nice.
    .met Alison King from corrie in a shop..couldnt help smiling at her and she was warm and friendly to anyone who apporached her.
    .I was struggling up some stairs with a toddler and a buggy with a baby in in a shopping complex and a man said here you go love and grabbed the bottom of the buggy and helped me up the stairs..it was Bobby ball of Cannon and Ball and he was really lovely and not attention seeking at all like his persona.
    .met Steve Mcmahon England footballer when he was at his height of fame and like an idiot stared at him and thought I know him from somewhere..so asked if he drank in my local pub..doh!!!!..he knew the score but didnt play the big man and was amused by me trying to guess where knew him from..he left and didnt tell me but one of my work collegues did..
    met the Grumbleweeds when they were famous..they came into a clothes shop I worked in briefly trying on dresses for their new show..they were nuts!!!..
    did Elain Paiges hair when she was playing our local theatre years ago..she was nice but I was told not to speak to her too much..
    .used to serve a few Everton players reguarly in a shop I worked in when was a teenager..quite a few Everton players lived in our village..including Gary Linekar..all seemed Ok but not being much of a footy fan didnt mean anything to me..
    Went to school with Andrew Lancel..of the BIll and Corries Frank Foster fame..he was fun at school..met him at a school reunion earlier this year and he was nice..but not the same...
    used to reguarly cut the hair of Andrew Mcrory Shand of Teletubbie,Rosie and Jim,Tots TV music fame..never appreciated how important his music was until I had my own children and his theme tunes were mandatory in this house..really,really lovely guy with an equally lovely wife..
    used to also style the hair of an old fim directors wife (I am ashamed to say I cant remmebr his name) but he used to approach me..hold my hands and tell me in a luvvy way how wonderful he wanted me to make his wife look and how he had every faith in me..I was young and he made me nervous!!!..his wife was an elegant,beautiful woman who was so kind and lovely..

My sister is the queen of meeting famous people..she has met some big,big names..not all very nice but thats for her to tell..

Is that easier for you to read or would you prefer me to use bullet points...:D
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a a bit of a weedy post but...

Was getting off the tube today (Holborn) walking up the platform and the MP Alan Johnson was walking the other way.

I'm a bit crap at hiding it if I recognise someone, so I was probably staring:o

As we passed neither breaking step he smiled, said "alright" and was gone.

I guess MP's are supposed to have a public face at all times, but I'm a random and he could have just ignored me.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the above post be any more difficult to read?:rolleyes:

Yeah, they really should have put the names a space under the last lot.
  • DH7DH7 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I had the questionable joy of working with Denise Robertson a number of years ago. A truly vile woman who had the ability to reduce people to tears with her rudeness. Plus, she's damn frightening without make-up.

Yvette Fielding stands out as the best person I've come across in my professional life...so nice, down to earth and funny. (Has a mouth like a sewer, mind.)

Jim Davidson, unsurprisingly would win few prizes for the way he speaks to people. Belittled a make-up girl and looked around, waiting for us all to laugh at him being oh-so-funny.

Katie Price just wanted attention (shocker!), getting stripped off in front of a friend of mine and propositioning him.

David Beckham (and I say this as a United fan - from Manchester) was too full of himself and disrespectful to people trying to do their job.

Alanis Morisette (not sure how to class her these days) was just bonkers. Made no sense and was either high or in need or something. Nice enough, but not sure what was going on behind the eyes.

Richard Hammond - lovely.
  • tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DH7 wrote: »
    I had the questionable joy of working with Denise Robertson a number of years ago. A truly vile woman who had the ability to reduce people to tears with her rudeness. Plus, she's damn frightening without make-up

I'm a bit shocked at that, TBQH.
    She gives off this caring aura on the tele.
  • DH7DH7 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    tvfanny wrote: »

We were stunned at it. So different from how she portrays herself and how we thought she'd be. She has this ability to switch it on the moment the cameras started rolling. I can only say that had I not seen it myself, I'd never believe that any person could switch the way she did.

I think on some level it upset me. I really wanted to believe she was this kind woman. Couldn't help but feel a bit duped.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    We were stunned at it. So different from how she portrays herself and how we thought she'd be. She has this ability to switch it on the moment the cameras started rolling. I can only say that had I not seen it myself, I'd never believe that any person could switch the way she did.

I think on some level it upset me. I really wanted to believe she was this kind woman. Couldn't help but feel a bit duped.

LOL - I can't say I'm surprised. The few times I've seen her on TV, she's seemed very self important, and really hasn't liked it when someone has question her advice/opinion.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met loads at conferences, charity do's and sporting events and most are either a right laugh, charming or polite.... Only two were thoroughly obnoxious individuals and they were Lenny Henry and Shirley Bassey.

At one do (I wasn't there) they had booked a celebrity to talk at a dinner but at the last minute they couldn't make it and they were frantically trying to find someone to replace whoever it was and at the last minute all the agents could come up with was Rusty Lee (yeah exactly).... The organisers said she was terrible, her speech was rotten and only lasted about 5 minutes and she demanded rooms for her entourage and ran up thousands on room bills ordering many bottles of champagne and room service meals.
  • Kris77Kris77 Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    In one of my previous jobs I met a few celebrities -
    William Roache - lovely man, couldn't be more pleasant
    Simon Webbe - nice guy, very pleasant
    David & Victoria Beckham - David is a nice guy, Victoria is a bit hit and miss
    Nikki Sanderson - Thought she was a bit up herself to be honest
    Girls Aloud - Nice girls, although at the time they were only just starting out
    Katie Price - Flanked with a load of minders, said absolutely nothing
    Ricky Hatton - seemed nice enough
    Louis Walsh - nice guy

Think that's about it off the top of my head
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    I have met loads at conferences, charity do's and sporting events and most are either a right laugh, charming or polite.... Only two were thoroughly obnoxious individuals and they were Lenny Henry and Shirley Bassey.
    Shirley Bassey being a bint comes as no surprise really. In the personality stakes .... she's only slightly better than Cilla Black - although Shirley does have a fabulous voice to make up for things I suppose (and a wardrobe that any drag star would die for!)
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Richard Hammond - lovely.

I've heard Richard Hammond described as "the sort of person you really want dislike, only to find that he is altogether likeable".
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a brief chat with Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake, Professor Umbridge in Harry Potter) at the Castle Museum in York this week. She was with her husband Jim Carter (Carson in DA), but didn't speak to him as he was queuing for tea. She's very tiny, - under five feet I'd imagine - and very sweet.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvfanny wrote: »

To quote the late George Burns "If you can fake sincerity, you've got it made" :)
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alanis Morisette (not sure how to class her these days) was just bonkers. Made no sense and was either high or in need or something. Nice enough, but not sure what was going on behind the eyes.

I love Alanis but I heard rumours that during the 'Jagged Little Pill' and 'Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie' era that she was not very likeable, mainly down to the pressure of the success of the 'JLP' album. However, these days' she is a lot nicer, especially towards the fans etc. I think the pressure and success of the (third) album became too much of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I've heard Richard Hammond described as "the sort of person you really want dislike, only to find that he is altogether likeable".

I was never a big Hamster fan until I met him.........I have to agree that he is a lovely bloke :)