Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mad cat-woman Eileens' website - Thornly House
    Can't see anything that says you can bring your own cat, but I'm sure you could email & ask. I'm not sure how practical it would be anyway - you'd have to keep kitty in the room so it wouldn't be much of a holiday for it and then there's actually transporting the cat which can be quite traumatic for it (I know mine hates travelling by car:()
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Uncanny isn't it?

The infamous Derek Acorah:

"Mary loves Dick." :o

and

Clinton Baptiste in Phoenix NIghts
    "I'm getting the word Nonce" + "Hands up if you can't have children?"
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    For me, it's much easier to get perfect poached eggs compared to a really nice, white-cooked, yolk runny, but not oily or fatty fried egg.

If I'd been Toni, I think I might have figured out that learning to fry an egg might be a good thing to practice pre-appearance on 4iaB.

I thank you. :D I agree with roddyd that some fried eggs are superior to others. Can't bear uncooked whites. I like really fresh eggs with a little bit of firmness around the yolks but enough runny to make it last longer and to dip in if liked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    and

Clinton Baptiste in Phoenix NIghts
    "I'm getting the word Nonce" + "Hands up if you can't have children?"

:o:D:eek: I like Paul kaye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Mad cat-woman Eileens' website - Thornly House
    Can't see anything that says you can bring your own cat, but I'm sure you could email & ask. I'm not sure how practical it would be anyway - you'd have to keep kitty in the room so it wouldn't be much of a holiday for it and then there's actually transporting the cat which can be quite traumatic for it (I know mine hates travelling by car:()

Thanks for the link. Might go there myself now. Our cat wouldn't like to travel but I know caravan/mobile home owners who take theirs for the 'season' when they stay for a few months. Their cats do roam freely then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:D:eek: I like Paul kaye.

A pedant writes...
    I like Paul Kaye and Peter Kay:)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,686
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    For me, it's much easier to get perfect poached eggs compared to a really nice, white-cooked, yolk runny, but not oily or fatty fried egg.

If I'd been Toni, I think I might have figured out that learning to fry an egg might be a good thing to practice pre-appearance on 4iaB.

So would I!

I'm surprised at how many people find a good fried egg hard to do. I did 8 at the weekend and got compliments.
    It's the poached I struggle with, hence posting the pic the other week as I reckon that was the best I've achieved (with really fresh eggs that I was given) and I was proud and surprised in equal parts :D

I'd absolutely hate to have to produce poached eggs for paying guests, or boiled come to that, when people are really picky as to how they like them.
    Scrambled, fried, or an omelette would be fine.

I remember seeing one episode of A Place in the Sun, Home or Away, when a couple wanted to buy a B&B and Jonnie took them for a lesson in cooking breakfasts.
    Sounds like the courses ought to be popular for some of the contestants on FiaB.
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I think all the contestants this week are as bad as each other. The game playing is getting a little ridiculous now. Not sure I can say I warm to any of them and so, on that basis, probably wouldn't choose to stay at any of the B&B's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    A pedant writes...
    I like Paul Kaye and Peter Kay:)

I thought about that as well and thought I'd got it right even though I let the small k go. Sorry, Peter Kay. Fingers crossed. http://images.search.conduit.com/search?q=Peter%20kay&ctid=ct2645238&searchsource=1&CUI=SB_CUI

I always get those two wrong although visually I can always spot the difference. That's not so difficult. :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thank you. :D I agree with roddyd that some fried eggs are superior to others. Can't bear uncooked whites. I like really fresh eggs with a little bit of firmness around the yolks but enough runny to make it last longer and to dip in if liked.

That's just how I like them. I don't like fired eggs that have been fried in really hot oil and the bottom is hard and like plastic.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    That's just how I like them. I don't like fired eggs that have been fried in really hot oil and the bottom is hard and like plastic.

How do you cook those?....:D
  • johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Are you a detective Solar? If not you should be!..:D

Given how stereotypical they are, it will probably say 'Debbie and Toni welcome you' next week. The week after they'll probably advertise a 'Wet The Kitten's Head' party.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all the contestants this week are as bad as each other. The game playing is getting a little ridiculous now. Not sure I can say I warm to any of them and so, on that basis, probably wouldn't choose to stay at any of the B&B's.

TBH can`t wait for next weeks crowd...which hopefully will be far more pleasant than this weeks `orrible lot...Bah!:(
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you cook those?....:D

At a guess you use REALLY hot oil!!!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Sorry if someone else has already posted..just thought I'd mention Andrea's intriguing raffle on the Facebook page. Er what is that all about . £5 a ticket pay by paypal an dget a chance to meet them?:confused:

Sorry to be late but just had to say - I'd cheerfully pay £5 if it guaranteed me I'd never meet them.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    I know. I just can't see anything nice in them at all & especially showing them off like that as if everyone wants or needs to see them! :( I assume she must be the "bloke" out of the 2 of them?

Oh dear.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I presume thats becouse a B&B, like a pub, is considered primarily to be someones home which invites people to stay/drink? I wouldn't be at all phased by their dress if they were pulling pints so I'm not sure why it would be a problem dealing with food.

Food hygiene regulations are across the board, you cannot differentiate if you are serving and selling food.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Toni Del Mar welcomes her guests to Appalachian Spring in Devon, but with tensions already rife within the group, her hosting skills are soon put to the test and some of the lodgers are left underwhelmed by the rooms on offer. An afternoon of morris dancing helps to smooth things over, until Louis and Lorraine clash at dinner."

It sounds like handbags at dusk tonight.

For entertainments sake, I hope she gives him a right good walloping.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis said something positive, I expect he will be taken ill shortly.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is everyone?
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for "friedegggate" :D
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorraine annoys me intensely

The sickly sweet voice, spouting pleasant poison

Argh
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    The girls have the cheek to criticise Louis's hotel !!

Not one of the b&b owners/managers have been sympathetic this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh er, selective kissing of guests might be frowned upon. Tut tut.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wear some bloody long sleeves and hide all that horrible mess!!!!!!!!:mad:
This discussion has been closed.