Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not home yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    I keep looking in here everyday, hoping to see some good news. :(

I look at my two and my heart breaks for you, not knowing where he is.

I will keep my fingers, toes, everything crossed that he makes it home.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for you.
    He's probably curled up somewhere around someone else's fire.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Any news yet? I do hope he is back soon....x
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking of you and hoping your boy comes home soon x
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately there's still no sign of him. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since I last saw him, and gave him a cuddle. If I could only have one thing this Christmas, it would be to have Boo (my affectionate name for him) walk through the cat flap. I miss him.
  • brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there's still no sign of him. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since I last saw him, and gave him a cuddle. If I could only have one thing this Christmas, it would be to have Boo (my affectionate name for him) walk through the cat flap. I miss him.

My neighbours cat was missing for 6 weeks before she came home.
    Forum Member
    Any news of Turbo yet? I do hope he comes home very soon.

Thinking of you....take care xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if its worth putting an Ad in a more Regional Newspaper.
    Cats will never cease to amaze me the distance they can travel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There no news of turbo yet. Here is his Facebook page if anyone wants to join and share
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/377243032367453/
    Forum Member
    It's my first Christmas morning without my darling Boo. I would give anything to have him home again. Had a good cry this morning, thankfully hub and son are still fast asleep so I was able to come down and have a little time to myself, and not worry hub about it. We're all missing Boo like crazy, here's hoping that one day soon, he's home with us all again. xx

Merry Christmas Boo, miss you. xx

Thanks again to everyone for thinking of me and Turbs, it really, really means a lot xx
    Merry Christmas all xx
  • ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Oh bless you. I keep checking in to see if Boo is back. Am so sorry you're spending christmas without him. I hope you manage to have a good day.

I sincerely hope he just appears with that look on his face very soon. xx
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets have a happy ending on this, a nice simple happy ending that we can all share in.
    Forum Member
    Still hoping we will have a lovely message from you Shuttermaze.

There is still hope he will return.

I do hope you are both reunited very soon.
    Forum Member
    Still no sign of Boo. 4 weeks now. At the moment, I don't seem to be doing very will with his absence. I'm thinking about him constantly, from the moment I wake, to the moment I crawl into bed. He made such an impact on me, I hadn't really noticed it, till he'd gone.
    I'd never had believed you could grieve and miss a pet so much, but I do, I feel like part of me is missing. God, that makes me sound like some mad old lady, but I'm not. I'm a normal 44yr old who is in utter turmoil.
    I confess, I'm not coping with it at the mo. I guess now all the hubbub of Christmas is out of the way, I've nothing to distract me. Hub wants me to consider getting a couple of kittens to take the pain away, but I can't, not yet at any rate.

I've said I'll give it till Feb, if my beautiful boy hasn't returned by then, then we can have another chat about it. But for now, it's out of the question. If Boo does come back (but in my heart and head I just know he wont/can't) the last thing I'd want him to find is a couple of boisterous kittens to contend with, especially if he's in need of TLC.
    I have said though, that if we do get some new additions to the family, I want to name one of them after Turbo in some way. We'll see though. There's still time for my boy to come home. Ohh if only...

Thank you all again, so very much. Your thoughts and kindness are such a comfort. .x
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry your cat is still missing. I know a little of what you're going through but my cats have always returned safely. It's the not knowing that's so hard, should you still be looking and hoping or is it all futile. It's really hard to move on when there is still hope but, as time goes on, hope dwindles and pessimistic thoughts take over.

I just hope your cat is being loved and cared for by somebody or has been taken to a cat rescue centre out of your area. Other posters have reported their cats returning after even longer periods.

I agree with you about the kittens, it's too soon and your cat may yet return. For me, I would wait at least 6 months - there aren't as many kittens available this time of year anyway - and it wouldn't be nice for your cat if he does return.

Wishing you all the best. I too found it very comforting posting here when my little Lucy went AWOL in September even though I knew I was doing everything I could do to locate her. It was nice to know that other cat lovers were concerned and thinking of her too. I really hope for a happy ending for you too.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Shuttermaze,

So sorry that Turbo hasn't come home yet.

While I believe your husband wants to help you as much as possible by getting a new kitten, I know you are doing the right thing in giving it more time and thought. You've done all that you can to find Turbo, so never feel like you haven't done something you could have.

Even if he isn't back by Feb, there is still a chance that he may come back.

Wishing you all the best.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,069
    Forum Member
    thinking of you xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Hi Shuttermaze,
    I'm so sorry that you haven't had news of Turbo as yet. One of my cats went missing a few years back and had been gone nearly 5 months, when I just happened to pick up the local daily paper and saw a cat fitting his description in the lost and found....turned out it was my puss, he'd travelled about 4 miles and crossed countless main roads! If only they could talk....I was so pleased to get him back, but anyway, what I'm driving at is, don't give up hope, check your local papers (do they have websites?) and local rescues. I do hope you will have good news and be reunited with Turbo, and wish you a Happy New Year. (((((hugs))))
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear your dear Turbo is still missing. I can understand how difficult a time this is for you. It is the not knowing what is happening to him which is so hard to bear.

Please do not lose hope. There are many stories on here of cats who have been missing for months but have come home safe & well. I hope and pray he will come back soon.

Take care..........
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,970
    Forum Member
    You poor soul, I feel for you so much. I would be going through the same emotions. xx
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angiebroch wrote: »
    Hi Shuttermaze,
    I'm so sorry that you haven't had news of Turbo as yet. One of my cats went missing a few years back and had been gone nearly 5 months, when I just happened to pick up the local daily paper and saw a cat fitting his description in the lost and found....turned out it was my puss, he'd travelled about 4 miles and crossed countless main roads! If only they could talk....I was so pleased to get him back, but anyway, what I'm driving at is, don't give up hope, check your local papers (do they have websites?) and local rescues. I do hope you will have good news and be reunited with Turbo, and wish you a Happy New Year. (((((hugs))))

What a lovely tale
  • carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read all the posts and it's heartbreaking. He is such a beautiful cat. I think all the kindness being shown on here is amazing........ even setting up a Facebook page. If it's got anything to do with the will of the folk on here, then he'll be home soon.

I know it's difficult for you to be positive at the minute, but there is still a possibility that he's somehow ended up a few miles away and is trying to find his way back. My friend's cat went missing for three weeks last year and turned up well, if decidedly skinny. She took him to the vet and he was well except for being a little under-nourished. She has no idea where he was all that time. Also, I remember a colleague telling me a few years ago that her cat was missing for about two weeks and she got a call from the Cats Protection League saying he'd been found in Greenock which is about 30 miles away from where she lives. The lady at the CPL thinks that he might have got into a lorry near home and was asleep when it moved off - she said things like that happen more often that we'd think. They managed to contact her because the cat was chipped. Is Turbo chipped?

I really, really hope that he comes home soon and gets 2013 off to a great start for you.
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year Boo.. love and miss you.

Happy New Year all...

Thank you all again so much for thinking of me, and leaving such lovely comments.

Caroline, yes, Turbo is chipped, so I know if he'd been found, and taken to a vets, or by the local authorities, he'd have been scanned, and we'd be notified. Whilst I am still holding onto hope that one day he may come home, I have to face reality also, and come to terms with the thought that I'm never going to see him again.

The void he's left in my life is huge. Hubby, bless him is so frustrated that he can't take away the pain I'm feeling. We've been talking more this morning about possibly giving a home to a couple of rescue kittens, but it won't be for a little while. I really need to come to terms with Boo being gone, before I can do that. Only time will tell.

Thank you all, again so very much for thinking of me, and Boo. It really means a lot. xxx
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,069
    Forum Member
    thinking and hoping xx