Bernard and The Genie

sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone remember this little gem? Compulsory Xmas tv in my house, can't wait till tomorrow to dust the VHS player out!!! I bet I get 5 or less replies!!

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I loved it I've been trying to find it for years Lenny Henry was great in it
  • SorrelSorrel Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I love it too. I taped it (tut, tut!) when it was shown on the telly, more years ago than I care to remember, then last year finally transferred it to DVD. I hadn't watched it for a long time and it was quite nostalgic. Alan Cumming looks like a wee boy in it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "60 foot breasts!"

I also remember this fondly, and have a tv recording on VHS buried somewhere :)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    I remember this, well I didn't, I remember Lenny Henry in it, and him washing his hair in the toilet bowl. For years, I didn't know what the programme/film was called, then someone was talking about Bernard and the Genie and it clicked that that was what the programme with Lenny Henry was.
  • chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    When will this film be coming out on DVD. This is one of the best Christmas films ever to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    chimp123 wrote: »
    When will this film be coming out on DVD. This is one of the best Christmas films ever to watch.

I bought a DVD version off Ebay a few years back as my VHS copy had worn out.

It's not an official BBC version and looks like its a straight transfer of an average VHS recording. But it does the job every Christmas :)

There's usually one or two copies knocking about...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=bernard+and+the+genie&_sacat=0&_from=R40
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this film, used to have it taped too, but binned all my tapes a few years back. Wish the BBC would release it on dvd.