Interesting article about cables in The Independent...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/is-it-worth-splashing-out-on-cables-8685983.html

Seems to me unless you have very high end equipment then go cheap... it IS just zeros and ones after all....

Comments

• call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    As stated in a myriad of postings on here....;)
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    mooghead wrote: »
    Seems to me unless you have very high end equipment then go cheap... it IS just zeros and ones after all....

Even if you have very high end equipment go cheap - an expensive HDMI lead makes no difference whatsoever, regardless of the cost of the equipment.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <resists temptation to post link to well known highly expensive cable site>
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debate done to death....again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again..... (repeat, ad nauseam)
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    <resists temptation to post link to well known highly expensive cable site>

<resists temptation to post link to well known store who pushes people to buy highly expensive cables>

Screw it, Currys.

Their sales staff are always pushing people to buy expensive cables, purely for commission.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    <resists temptation to post link to well known store who pushes people to buy highly expensive cables>

Screw it, Currys.

Their sales staff are always pushing people to buy expensive cables, purely for commission.

I was actually disappointed as when I bought a Blu Ray player from Currys last week they didn't even ask if I wanted a cable!