No one can name any westlife songs

Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
Forum Member
✭✭✭
not sure this relates but since there manager is on x factor i decided to post it here, i did a test and despite how x factor and louis walsh say how many records they sold and how many fans they had, i asked 400 people on omegle if they knew any of there songs and not 1 person did, just shows that if you make no good music it doesn't matter how much you sell no one will remember you, the same fate will happen to jls and one direction :) this is why simon should make his acts good music and not just release stuff as quick as possible to make a quick buck

Comments

• Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You obviously asked the wrong people. I am not a fan but even I know Flying Without Wings and You Raise Me Up!

I think it would be better if you put a few fullstops in your sentence. Thank you! :)
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually heard a song as a backdrop to X factor 2010 (later than 2010 obviously) and didn't know the group, nor the title, but I liked it so much that I looked it up. It turned out to be called Safe by Westlife (a group that wasn't that big in my country).
    A good song remains a good song (even that's subjective to be fair) and might spur people to look up info on it -as long as it gets played. I think that's the main problem, that radios seem to mainly play new songs (and only a select few), and older ones get slowly forgotten.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get the award for the most pointless thread ever.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually this thread should be in the music forum and I am sure a mod will come along and move it.

I wasn't a big fan so probably would have trouble naming their songs. Did they have any of their own? I thought they mainly did covers :eek:

I would say Flying without wings and You raise me up but only because they were mentioned further up and even then I would have to think was that actually westlife or Boyzone. They both blend into one
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omegle? Should've maybe done a poll here
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    What Makes a Man
    Queen of my Heart
    Fool Again
    My Love
    Already There (was that a cover?)

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    not sure this relates but since there manager is on x factor i decided to post it here, i did a test and despite how x factor and louis walsh say how many records they sold and how many fans they had, i asked 400 people on omegle if they knew any of there songs and not 1 person did, just shows that if you make no good music it doesn't matter how much you sell no one will remember you, the same fate will happen to jls and one direction :) this is why simon should make his acts good music and not just release stuff as quick as possible to make a quick buck

Did you ask people from the UK/Ireland?
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would'nt be able to name any Westlife tunes, but then i am not into that type of music anyway.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Actually this thread should be in the music forum and I am sure a mod will come along and move it.

I wasn't a big fan so probably would have trouble naming their songs. Did they have any of their own? I thought they mainly did covers :eek:

I would say Flying without wings and You raise me up but only because they were mentioned further up and even then I would have to think was that actually westlife or Boyzone. They both blend into one

i'm definitely a fan. i'm sure my favourite flying without wings had been top funeral song for a few years running...:p:p
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flying without wings
    When your looking like that
    Mandy
    Home
    Us agaisnt the world
    Lighthouse
    Fool again
    Queen of my heart
    You raise me up
    That's life

The list goes on and on so I'm not sure who you were asking...

And just for the record, I'm a 19 year old male so I'm harly their demographic
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Music doesn't have to be memorable to be enjoyed in the here and now. That's the point of music, it should sound good when you're listening to it NOW. I have songs that I absolutely loved at the time, that were easily my most played in iTunes, and now they've been replaced with new favourite songs. Life is far too short to only play the same old music over and over.

But actually, even though I wasn't a fan of Westlife, I'd easily have been able to name some of their songs if put on the spot. Flying Without Wings was MASSIVE at the time, and still a pretty good song.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you could just name any song and they would have done a cover of it :)
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You go to Omegle to ask about westlife? I thought people go to Omegle for entirely different reasons :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Not especially a fan but can definitely name at least three of their songs off the top of my head, probably a few more if I was given time to think.

OP was definitely asking the wrong people, if it's true.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    You obviously asked the wrong people. I am not a fan but even I know Flying Without Wings and You Raise Me Up!

They're the only two I can think of :D

Oh didn't they release 'Home' - I seem to remember Leon singing that and Louis gave Westlife's new single a plug ;)
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you ask people from the UK/Ireland?

well some of them knew who they where but just couldent name any of there songs, and yeah i knew safe, flying without wings and you raise me up, although i dislike westlife the only reason i did it was to see if they where still popular but maybe i asked the wrong people i dont know :p
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    They're the only two I can think of :D

Oh didn't they release 'Home' - I seem to remember Leon singing that and Louis gave Westlife's new single a plug ;)

Wasnt that by Michael Buble? In his audition Leon said he was going to sing "Home, by Michael Buble" :)
    He sang it well :)
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    World of Our Own, the only one I like.

Uptown Girl...cos I like the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my favorite song from them is us against the world
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    To be fair, you used Omegle as a sample. Of the 400 people you asked, how many were the same person? How many didn't say anything (probably more indicative of their lack of interest in the question rather than their lack of knowledge)? How many were from the UK or Ireland?

I'm not a fan of Westlife, but the method is so flawed that you can't conclude that nobody knows their songs.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't name one west life song, so this thread applies to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    To be fair, you used Omegle as a sample. Of the 400 people you asked, how many were the same person? How many didn't say anything (probably more indicative of their lack of interest in the question rather than their lack of knowledge)? How many were from the UK or Ireland?

I'm not a fan of Westlife, but the method is so flawed that you can't conclude that nobody knows their songs.

alot said nothing, i dont know about locations nor how many where the same people
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know a lot westlife song..

from a non-europe country, they are such a massive act back then! most memorable song for me is if i let you go and of course flying without wings
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Swear It Again, Flying Without Wings, If I let You Go, Unbreakable, Uptown Girl, Home, What About Now.. Just off the top or my head
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who are Westlife?:p