The Big Bang

Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was on this evening, and I wish I had recorded it. It is one of my very favourite episodes ever:)

Listen to the plastic, says Rory The Centurion.

I LOVED it!:)

Comments

• sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, series 5 is one of my favourite series and it all (more or less) comes together here, a great sreies finale and one of my all time favourite Who stories
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Series 5 final and the 4 part cliffhanger in The Pandorica Opens was fantastic as well as the music playing when it happened. I find it hard to choose between Series 5 and 6 for my favourite and I think I will love Series 7 just as much. This has been my favourite era of Doctor Who.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it tonight and it gets better with every viewing. I loved it on first watch but it has so much going on that rewards repeated views. Brilliant finale to the best season of DW ever. And yet it still isn't anywhere near as good as TPO. Amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish the explosion was explained already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a bit of an anticlimax after the fantastic previous episode.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    I just wish the explosion was explained already!

You're not thinking wibbly wobbly. The Tardis blew up because it was too excited about that episode's cliffhanger, partly caused by the explosion of the Tardis.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why a new thread about one of the worst Doctor Who episodes in 50 years? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why a new thread about one of the worst Doctor Who episodes in 50 years? :confused:

Why a new post just to highlight your complete failure to understand the difference between the objective and the subjective?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    Why a new post just to highlight your complete failure to understand the difference between the objective and the subjective?

quite. And if anyone genuinely thinks TBB is one of the worst episodes of all time well, I jolly well couldn't disagree more vehemently. Sounds more like a purposefully shocking comment to me designed to provoke a response. Such as this!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory was WONDERFUL, and I had forgotten just how good young Amelia was :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you could explain the difference - and at the same time explain Series 5 in a succinct, clear way? No, thought not.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this was a better episode than I originally thought on first viewing but it doesn't make up for the fact Series 5 was mainly very poor. If the rest of the run has been as good as the finale it would have been as good as any Series previously rather than the worst one there's been so far in the New Series.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quite. And if anyone genuinely thinks TBB is one of the worst episodes of all time well, I jolly well couldn't disagree more vehemently. Sounds more like a purposefully shocking comment to me designed to provoke a response. Such as this!

Not at all. Most other episodes of Doctor Who over the past 50 years are better than The Big Bang, therefore it follows that TBB is one of the worst. Just logical, common sense. What other episode has, for example, the ridiculous, fairytale notion of a companion "remembering" The Doctor back into existence? Or a such a pathetic way for The Doctor to escape the previous week's cliffhanger? What other episode leaves so many unanswered questions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For logical common sense read opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For logical common sense read opinion.

Think you need to consult a dictionary. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think you need to consult a dictionary. :rolleyes:

think you need to learn to play nice with others otherwise take your toys and go home. You seem to have an almighty chip on your shoulder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean just because a few people didn't like it or series 5 for that matter doesn't mean it's actually very poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just logical, common sense.

I'm sure you consider him a petty mind compared to your obvious towering intellect but Albert Einstein defined common sense to be the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Please take your prejudices and inflict them on someone else. If you have any capacity for comprehension you'll have noticed that nobody else here agrees with you.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I love this finale, and think it had a lot going for it. Did it live up to the expectations of The Pandorica Opens? No. Did it reassure us that finales weren't a let down that paled next to the series main (akin to Journey's End and Last of the Timelords)? Yes! :D

The Big Bang happened before River's timeline became overwhelmingly confusing. Funnily enough, I managed to actually keep up with the events of this episode relatively well... the timey-wimey hijinks had set in good and true at this point, and it was the first time I actually cared about Amy (though Rory would still take a lot longer).

The Stone Dalek was a brilliant addition, and the TARDIS crew was a brilliant mix. Considering my opinion of Series 5 isn't the highest (it ranks only higher than Series 3 and The Specials for me) I was most satisfied by its final four episodes, with The Big Bang an enjoyable end to it all. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think you need to learn to play nice with others otherwise take your toys and go home. You seem to have an almighty chip on your shoulder.

So all our favourite stories have to be the same as yours or else we've got a chip on our shoulder..... Pathetic. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you consider him a petty mind compared to your obvious towering intellect but Albert Einstein defined common sense to be the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Please take your prejudices and inflict them on someone else. If you have any capacity for comprehension you'll have noticed that nobody else here agrees with you.

So you liking The Big Bang is OK, but me disliking it and preferring other stories is just "prejudice"? So your prejudice is OK but mine isn't? I think you need to be a little less insecure and realise that people have different opinions. Perhaps a forum isn't the place for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all our favourite stories have to be the same as yours or else we've got a chip on our shoulder..... Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Go back and read your initial post in this thread. Then read it again. Then maybe a third time. If you haven't gotten the point of whats wrong with it by then well, please don't engage with me again on this forum. Thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go back and read your initial post in this thread. Then read it again. Then maybe a third time. If you haven't gotten the point of whats wrong with it by then well, please don't engage with me again on this forum. Thank you.

Yet again you demonstrate your inability to accept differing views to your own. Perhaps you should read the first post and read your own first post. My post was an antidote to the unfounded praise being heaped on this episode. If people want to post threads saying how great an episode is then they shouldn't take offence when people who disagree with their views post contrary opinions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again you demonstrate your inability to accept differing views to your own. Perhaps you should read the first post and read your own first post. My post was an antidote to the unfounded praise being heaped on this episode. If people want to post threads saying how great an episode is then they shouldn't take offence when people who disagree with their views post contrary opinions.

But YOU'RE the one who said it was one of the worst episodes in the show's history. That is your opinion, not a fact. You didn't say you didn't like it or it wasn't one of your favourites, you stated it was one of the worst episodes. Saladfingers81 is right.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You seem to fail to realise that your opinion is just that, an opinion. Your first post showed that and you had no reason to intrude or start an argument. If you don't like TBB fair enough but clearly quite a few people on here do, so its not up to you to charge in and say what does and does not deserve a thread about it.

On topic, fantastic episode, absolutely loved every second of it.