World Wrestling Entertainment II - No spoilers please (merged)

Comments

• Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm some people seem to be suggesting Kurt Angle as we all know that his neck and thats pretty beat up. Hell I remember stuff going around at least a year ago about him having to retire because of it yet here we are and he's still working a full program, unless its magically got better it must still be a serious problem.

Plus he dont seem to have even changed his style he's still taking the big bumps.

But the reason for Eddies death wasnt wrestling as such it's the pills he took years ago and a "death watch" as such wouldnt do much good for Angle if he kills himself in the ring wrestling that is of course unless he has a pill problem himself.
  • dazza1956dazza1956 Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch byte this

Dont worry it was nothing too exciting. No big goss or anything quite boring at times.

Obv didnt really talk about SS and said he will never ever be coming back !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bret Hart was on Meltzers radio show the Sunday just gone he said a fair bit about SS, Shawn & HHH (who he certainly dont have much good to say about!) on that, it would probably be a better listen if you want less watered down wwe discussion.

As he aint turned up to promote his DVD on wwe TV I think hes telling the truth, he will never be back. The only other possibility is inducting him into the hall of fame in a few years, maybe he would show at mania then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote:
    spoke too soon

The Nottingham Smackdown show has now been postponed till April 22nd 2006

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/tourchanges

The change of the Coventry show means I might not be able to go now but under the circumstances I cant complain besides im sure they will give refunds. I've got a lot of respect for them doing the tour at all when im sure they dont really want to be here.

I wondered why at first they moved the Cov show to 12pm seems a strange time to move it too, then I realised raws got a show in Dublin at 7.30pm the same night! How the hell are they gonna put up 2 rings in a day? and get from Coventry to Dublin to compete in about 4 hours.

I think the main reason the shows on the monday and tues have been cancelled is because there will be a lot of smackdown on raw and vice versa and they cant have a house show going on at the same time without any star names there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im thinking the Coventry show is gonna be a really strange affair, its only a small arena anyway (3-4000) and will probably be half empty bacause your casual fan who brought tickets and only watches the tele shows isnt gonna know its moved because Raw didnt say anything and smackdown aint till Friday.

Add to the fact they got the Dublin show at the point which is a much bigger show for them hence the reason they didnt cancel them in the evening and I think Covs gonna be a short rush job and leave sort of show.

I was looking forward to it as well because its a small arena the view should be quality, not so sure now.

I see shopzone has a new Eddie tribute shirt with all proceeds going to his family

http://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/86031X.JPG

Very nice T shirt would like to get one if they are available on the tour.
  • ollie_collie_c Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another WWE Superstar Considered On "Death Watch"

-- In the latest PWTorch newsletter, editor Wade Keller states quite bluntly that there is apparently a top wrestler wrestling in the WWE today who’s considered to be on an “unofficial death watch”. He doesn’t go on to further elaborate on who this wrestler is, but he does go on to mention how people need to do what it takes to keep him alive, even at the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more.

-- The deathwatch, which is apparently no secret to most within WWE, is still possibly unknown to Vince McMahon, who would need to be informed. The un-named wrestler, should he pass away, would make the coverage of the shocking and tragic news this week of the passing of Eddie Guerrero look minor by comparison, due to his credentials.

I wonder who it is? :confused: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Could be Kurt Angle, or Ric Flair.
  • lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I know everyone is thinking about Eddie Guerrero and to a degree the current UK tour, here's a different WWE topic.

I happened upon a show called Totally Busted. Its a candid camera style show on Playboy 1.

One of the totally busted team is a certain Candice (Michelle).

Anyone have any views on the way the WWE has watered down the womens division in the last year or so to put the likes of Candice Michelle into matches?

I say bring back Molly Holly ASAP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i havent really cared about the womens division in a long time. Since Lita got injured apart from Trish and Victoria there isnt really any great womens talent out there

Sure Torrie, stacy, candice etc look good but they arent anythign special when it comes to wrestling. 90% of womens matches i fast forward with no interest.
  • sicknote10sicknote10 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickie james can wrestle, probably better than all of them
    just her characthers a bit weird
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See people have said that in other Federations shes a decient wrestler well so far I aint seen nothing that makes her much better than Ashley or Christy!

Maybe her character is something to do with that though.

At the start of the year I thought the Trish / Lita fued was a high point in womens fueds, then Lita hurt herself (speaking of which is she just gonna be edges valet for ever or is she gonna come back to wrestle? I doubt she is still injured.) and its been downhill since.

They dont seem to trust Victoria on the mike so she always seems to be in a stable with someone (Stevie Richards, Candice etc) who do all the talking. I think maybe if she had a bit more of a character then her and Trish could work a good fued they are far and away the best womens wrestlers currently in wwe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    ollie_c wrote:
    Another WWE Superstar Considered On "Death Watch"

-- In the latest PWTorch newsletter, editor Wade Keller states quite bluntly that there is apparently a top wrestler wrestling in the WWE today who’s considered to be on an “unofficial death watch”. He doesn’t go on to further elaborate on who this wrestler is, but he does go on to mention how people need to do what it takes to keep him alive, even at the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more.

-- The deathwatch, which is apparently no secret to most within WWE, is still possibly unknown to Vince McMahon, who would need to be informed. The un-named wrestler, should he pass away, would make the coverage of the shocking and tragic news this week of the passing of Eddie Guerrero look minor by comparison, due to his credentials.

I wonder who it is? :confused: :eek:

Has to be Kurt, he's the only one who really has wrestling talent and mainstream coverage....except Hogan, but he's not on the active roster.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote:
    Im thinking the Coventry show is gonna be a really strange affair, its only a small arena anyway (3-4000) and will probably be half empty bacause your casual fan who brought tickets and only watches the tele shows isnt gonna know its moved because Raw didnt say anything and smackdown aint till Friday.

Add to the fact they got the Dublin show at the point which is a much bigger show for them hence the reason they didnt cancel them in the evening and I think Covs gonna be a short rush job and leave sort of show.

I was looking forward to it as well because its a small arena the view should be quality, not so sure now.

I see shopzone has a new Eddie tribute shirt with all proceeds going to his family

http://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/86031X.JPG

Very nice T shirt would like to get one if they are available on the tour.

i emaile wweeuroshop.com and they said it should be available over here by crimbo
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from wwe.com

"Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote:
    from wwe.com

"Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available."

Suspended indefinitly :eek: Talk about unexpected.

Nothing on the major news boards about this as of yet. I just hope Dinsmore is ok.
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he was the one on "Death Watch :eek: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Yeah in this sensitve time in the WWE jacking up on drugs or drink is not perhaps sensible. Maybe Nick forgot to seperate himself from character and showed a lack of brains.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read that on wwe.com im in shock

Why would he go to hospital and then be suspended indefinately which basically means fired in not so many words

What could he have done ????
  • GawfieGawfie Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Just read this great article which confirms to me who is most likely to be on Death watch. I have posted the link below.

http://oratory.rajah.com/index.php?archive=2718

I just hope he realises although he is devoted to this business it is not worth his life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have jsut been shocked to read about Eddie!! only 38 its so sad!! but there are so amny who have died too young!! nas there are a few who really shouldnt be doing it anymore Kurt being one!! they are rsiking there lives for what?? a few minutes fame but to leave a family behind is the worst part of it all!! :cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    does anyone know who sings the song to the Eddie Guerrero trubiute video?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the one on RAW?

that was Johnny Cash - Hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    the one on RAW?

that was Johnny Cash - Hurt

Yes correct and the one on Smackdown and WWE.com is "Here without you" by 3 Doors Down.

Also news on the Eugene situation is he got into a fight in the Hotel in Manchester, no word on whether it was with a fellow wrestler but he got hurt and required medical treatment. He was left unable to work the rest of the tour so WWE sent him home and suspended him for Unprofessional Conduct.
  • ollie_collie_c Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swr12 wrote:
    does anyone know who sings the song to the Eddie Guerrero trubiute video?

It's 3 Doors Down who sing it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked would be an understatement.

Can I just say, though, hats off to WWE for Raw this week, totally filled with class from top to bottom, so much so I've Sky+'d it so I can keep it. I haven't seem SD yet, I don't normally watch it but I'll try and catch it this week. Personally, Cena's tribute at the end brought a tear to my eye more than anything that'd gone before it. Class.

Rest in Peace, Eddie.

(EDIT: Just realise I implied something I shouldn't have there because it's not something I believe!)
This discussion has been closed.