Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Hello Davidus, can you define showrunner please?:confused:

As the showrunner, he oversees most aspects of Doctor Who, although primarily the direction where the show is heading, and the stories etc. If the show has an overall plot running through it then he's the man ultimately responsible for it.

They used to be called Executive Producers but they seem to prefer this fancy name for it.

Don't get me wrong - I like the guy and he obviously have enthusiasm for the show, but I feel he's beginning to get out of his comfort zone in doing things he has little experience(publicising and interviews), but hey, I suppose you have to give him credit for trying, but I'd rather he acknowledges his shortcomings in this area and leaves it to those more suited to it.

He has ideas to be sure, but as his more recent stories have shown, he seems to have a beginning and an end in mind but loses it somewhere inbetween. Shame really as when he's on form, no one is better.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davidus wrote:
    As the showrunner, he oversees most aspects of Doctor Who, although primarily the direction where the show is heading, and the stories etc. If the show has an overall plot running through it then he's the man ultimately responsible for it.

They used to be called Executive Producers but they seem to prefer this fancy name for it.

Don't get me wrong - I like the guy and he obviously have enthusiasm for the show, but I feel he's beginning to get out of his comfort zone in doing things he has little experience(publicising and interviews), but hey, I suppose you have to give him credit for trying, but I'd rather he acknowledges his shortcomings in this area and leaves it to those more suited to it.

He has ideas to be sure, but as his more recent stories have shown, he seems to have a beginning and an end in mind but loses it somewhere inbetween. Shame really as when he's on form, no one is better.
    Thanks for that Davidus, very interesting.:D
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davidus wrote: »

This bit is not correct - Executive Producers didn't used to get involved in the writing.
    Forum Member
    This bit is not correct - Executive Producers didn't used to get involved in the writing.

My bad - Yes, this is correct.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Smith appears in tweed, in the latest Comic Relief promo.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    While The Supreme Dalek repaint someone posted about on GB turned out to be for the Blackpool Illuminations display, it is of note that they also received an order, for the same display, of 11 non identical TARDIS shells, each with the door open and a representation of the owning Doctor of each one inside to go up in August, and a 12th, kept under wraps. to join them two months later in October. His post was promptly spotted by the orderers (The Beeb?) and the company he worked for, that was producing them, bollocked him.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Matt Smith appears in tweed, in the latest Comic Relief promo.

Does that mean we're getting a mini-scene for Comic Relief?

Would love one with him and Clara.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Does that mean we're getting a mini-scene for Comic Relief?

Would love one with him and Clara.

Matt says in the promo he'll decide what he's going to do once he's got his fundraising kit !

Plenty of scope to do something 60's related. We might even get footage from the docu-drama or a set of stills with a terribly posh voiceover.
    Forum Member
    While The Supreme Dalek repaint someone posted about on GB turned out to be for the Blackpool Illuminations display, it is of note that they also received an order, for the same display, of 11 non identical TARDIS shells, each with the door open and a representation of the owning Doctor of each one inside to go up in August, and a 12th, kept under wraps. to join them two months later in October. His post was promptly spotted by the orderers (The Beeb?) and the company he worked for, that was producing them, bollocked him.

Also there's this:
    http://www.darkbunnytees.com/doctor-who/William-Hartnell-IM-Foreman.html

Scroll to the bottom row.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what are we supposed to be seeing??
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »

I'm guessing it's the "12 postcards to collect - one with each of the eleven Doctors and a final design to be unveiled in December..." bit.

F***. Matt's off, isn't he...?

It would explain the delay in S8, too - if Moff wants the regeneration to be a total and utter surprise then being seen filming with another Doctor would give the game away.

Someone reassure me please :o
    Forum Member
    Well, it could be.

BUT here's a thought. One design for the 50th (maybe all doctors) and one each for the eleven doctors.

Just a thought
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davidus wrote: »
    Well, it could be.

BUT here's a thought. One design for the 50th (maybe all doctors) and one each for the eleven doctors.

Just a thought

But why would they wait till after the 50th anniversary to release it?!!
    Why, Davidus, WHY?! :(

;)
    Forum Member
    Eh, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Forum Member
    Budget cuts at the BBC - Can't afford to have all of them published at once :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Dunno if it's wibbly wobbly stuff, but can't see the postcard bit...has it been removed?? :eek:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno if it's wibbly wobbly stuff, but can't see the postcard bit...has it been removed?? :eek:
    Look at the left side of the screen under the DW 50th logo.

I think people are reading too much into this at the moment.

Look at the Illuminations example the 12th TARDIS is joining the others in October but I doubt they would show Promo images of the 12th Doctor in costume before he even appears on TV for the first time (if indeed he appears in the Anniversary Special).
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's the "12 postcards to collect - one with each of the eleven Doctors and a final design to be unveiled in December..." bit.

It would explain the delay in S8, too - if Moff wants the regeneration to be a total and utter surprise then being seen filming with another Doctor would give the game away.

Whoops, sorry, linked to the wrong page, bit late now as a thread has since been posted on it, but bottom row (and the text mentioned above) here:
    http://www.darkbunnytees.com/doctor-who/
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Matt's going, Steven Moffatt is going and we will have a brand new era upon us. Oh dear, the Moffatt fans...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something anniversary-related. A speculation thread on the pre-titles scene for the 50th, trackboy decided to pop in with this. :cool:
    I'd imagine it will probably be a scene on Gallifrey. Probably someone and his granddaughter stealing a TARDIS... :)
    A key element to all of this to remember is, is quality better than quantity. From stuff I've heard, people will not be disappointed. Sometimes to achieve something spectacular, concessions in other areas have to be made.

If a special or specials are only a certain length that is not what people expected, the key issue is, will it/they contain all the right elements that mark the occasion accordingly.

This also in January:
    I know series 8 definitely films this year. Whether it films prior to Aprils filming of the Anniversary special is anyone's guess. If it does, I suspect Matt Smith is around for another full series. I cant see the production team wanting a Smith departure announcement prior to the anniversary special, but obviously can't keep a new doctor filming a secret.

I think series 7b will lead straight into the anniversary special, so perhaps it's either a couple of episodes after that before Xmas or none at all.

Therefore if none air this year and Matt films the full 13 episodes, the show could keep him on air for a full year after he's actually left the show. Similar to what happened with David.

I would skip the speculation and just take all of the above as absolute fact :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something anniversary-related. A speculation thread on the pre-titles scene for the 50th, trackboy decided to pop in with this. :cool:
    I'd imagine it will probably be a scene on Gallifrey. Probably someone and his granddaughter stealing a TARDIS... :)

It better not be as that seemingly goes against established facts :D

There's nothing to indicate that
    Susan was with the Doctor when he first stole the TARDIS and unless Susan was 200 plus years old when on screen (which given how she acts is unlikely) it goes against what has been established.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    It better not be as that seemingly goes against established facts :D

There's nothing to indicate that
    Susan was with the Doctor when he first stole the TARDIS and unless Susan was 200 plus years old when on screen (which given how she acts is unlikely) it goes against what has been established.
    There are numerous off-screen stories which imply Susan departed Gallifrey with The Doctor. The comic Time & Time Again goes as far as to depict it outright. Maybe Moffat will choose to go with this.

Here There Be Monsters also states that Susan is older than Ian and Barbara combined. I think there's plenty of room for manoeuvre with these. All depends, I guess. The old canon debate :p
    Forum Member
    A key element to all of this to remember is, is quality better than quantity. From stuff I've heard, people will not be disappointed. Sometimes to achieve something spectacular, concessions in other areas have to be made.

If a special or specials are only a certain length that is not what people expected, the key issue is, will it/they contain all the right elements that mark the occasion accordingly.

This also in January:
    I know series 8 definitely films this year. Whether it films prior to Aprils filming of the Anniversary special is anyone's guess. If it does, I suspect Matt Smith is around for another full series. I cant see the production team wanting a Smith departure announcement prior to the anniversary special, but obviously can't keep a new doctor filming a secret.

I think series 7b will lead straight into the anniversary special, so perhaps it's either a couple of episodes after that before Xmas or none at all.

Therefore if none air this year and Matt films the full 13 episodes, the show could keep him on air for a full year after he's actually left the show. Similar to what happened with David.

I would skip the speculation and just take all of the above as absolute fact :p

There's certainly a lot here that's very plausible and likely to happen, I will admit that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Moffat thinking of doing a pure historical story?

When talking about The Aztecs he mentions them as a type of story no longer done but then hints that they could return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzz7zrdRhjA
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be hard to start filming with a new doctor and not have it announced.

All you'd have to do is schedule it so all the interior scenes are filmed first.
    Stuff only really leaks when they film outdoors, then you get the crowds of people with their phones posting straight to youtube....

Maybe creative writing keeping a couple of eps over the series entirely able to be filmed in the studio will also keep stuff from leaking out.

Also maybe no press screening this time....(people were posting Clara was in AOTD all over the net almost as soon as she appeared...)

We have issues with spoilers no doubt but they can also keep things on lockdown if they really need to.
This discussion has been closed.