Black Ops 2 - In 4:3???

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
Forum Member
✭✭
My brother got this yesterday and has been playing away at it, but I notice that it is in 4:3 with blurry sections at the sides to try and make it look 16:9 so there are no black areas. Why the hell would there be a 4:3 game in this day and age on the XBOX?

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That can't be right, sounds like the settings on the TV to me, flick the the ratio settings on the TV. Also make sure your xbox is set to HDTV.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is set up for HDTV. He was playing other games before it which were 16:9 HD and I was watching a TV show on Netflix that was in 16:9 HD. For some reason it only appears to happen on Black Ops 2.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the game but maybe there's a setting within the game? that baffles me.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must check tonight when I get home. It was very confusing to me too as I've never seen a game in 4:3 on the XBOX 360. They've all been 16:9 and in HD. In fairness, this game did look to be in HD but there was that Gaussian blur effect at the sides to make it look as if it was widescreen instead of just filling the space with black.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It is something on your end.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whenever i play 2 player online it does that and the tv settings are ABSOLUTELY fine