Sharon and Phil & The Vic...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Sharon in the vic- not for me. Not gunna happen, plus never thought she was that great in comparison to Alfie, Den, Peggy, Phil, Grant etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Sharon in the Vic, yes. But ALONE.

Phil and Sharon are not the star-crossed lovers the bosses seem to think they are. Always hated them as a couple.

As per usual, I agree Pete.... I much rather Sharon in the Vic by herself. The Vic belongs to the Watts, NOT the Mitchells and it always works best when it is under their rule.

I cant say I am the biggest fan of Phil and Sharon but I am resigned to it given that writers seem incapable of writing women as single.......

So I guess I'd prefer Phil and Sharon in the Vic to no Sharon in the Vic at all.

But I believe Shane Richie pretty much does a Babs Windsor and insists his character stay in the Vic. THe reason why Sharon, inexplicably, is taken out of there is because Letitia Dean doesnt have an ego that needs to be stroked by TPTB.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Letita has always been loyal to EE... She has never bad mouthed the show and that is why her position in the show is very safe.

Letita also realises that she is never going to find another role like Sharon- so please let's start seeing the real Sharon once again.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Yes but that is not Letita's fault - it is the writing that Sharon has been given.

This stint has been poor but I think it's about to change for the better.

I think she must take responsibility for her below par acting. Not everything can be blamed on Jack and Tanya. She just doesn't come across as sincere in any of her scenes. No doubt she'll end up in the Vic but I don't see her being any more convincing in the Vic than she is in the R&R. As for Phil being back in the Vic, I think he'd be just as grumpy there as he is in all his other scenes, he is a spent force. Phil is not a people person, cold, calculating and cruel. At least Alfie is welcoming and enthusiastic about the Vic.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Sharon as landlady this year!
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rack was as painful as it sounded. Both admitted as they were friends since school it was uncomfortable to kiss and boy it showed. Watching 2 adults approaching middle age acting like something out of Grange Hill was awful to be fair to Shack its not as bad as that. It ruined Ronnie as a character and I don't care if it had a million fans I hated it. He ruins Ronnie then they start on Sharon cant wait for her to get away from him. Ronnie had more chemistry with Michael, and oddly enough Max.

Each to their own I guess, I quite liked 'Rack'.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what angers me about LN, if you asked most EE fans who they would prefer in the Vic - they would say Sharon.

Having Kat and Alfie back there together is going to be a disaster all over again. Newman is not listening to the audience as per usual..

I'm a fan, but I don't want Sharon near the vic or in the whole damn program, can't stand her never could, I don't see what everyone sees in her, I really don't.
  • MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what angers me about LN,
    You need to get out more.
    Forum Member
    Rack was as painful as it sounded. Both admitted as they were friends since school it was uncomfortable to kiss and boy it showed. Watching 2 adults approaching middle age acting like something out of Grange Hill was awful to be fair to Shack its not as bad as that. It ruined Ronnie as a character and I don't care if it had a million fans I hated it. He ruins Ronnie then they start on Sharon cant wait for her to get away from him. Ronnie had more chemistry with Michael, and oddly enough Max.
    But you can't deny they had a fanbase.

And at least their relationship was given some sort of build up unlike Sharon and Jack's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sharon were to go back in the Vic, I'm hoping it's ALONE.

While I'm otherwise different as to who runs the Vic, I'm dreading it being a reunited Kat/Alfie.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    I'm a fan, but I don't want Sharon near the vic or in the whole damn program, can't stand her never could, I don't see what everyone sees in her, I really don't.

In general she's popular. They wouldn't bring back a hated character multiple times. The people who hate Sharon are a small minority. Most of the fanbase either loves her or doesn't care one way or the other about her. She's not one of EastEnders hated characters in the public's eyes.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ideally, I'd like Alfie AND Sharon running the Vic. Alfie works very will in the Vic, but not with Kat as we have seen since 2010. The Vic is also Sharon's natural home, and I think it's inevitable that she will be back there at some point.

If it has to be Sharon and Phil, then so be it. I'd rather have a Mitchell/Watts pairing than Kat and Alfie any day.
    Forum Member
    In general she's popular. They wouldn't bring back a hated character multiple times. The people who hate Sharon are a small minority. Most of the fanbase either loves her or doesn't care one way or the other about her. She's not one of EastEnders hated characters in the public's eyes.
    She's had a lot of criticism on here since her return but DS is a minority and they can easily turn that around with a good storyline.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    She's had a lot of criticism on here since her return but DS is a minority and they can easily turn that around with a good storyline.

Very true. I'd say the criticism is down to the diappointment from how she's been written since she returned rather than based on her previous stints which were popular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon has been thrown in with the Brannings which has made her less popular this time around plus she has also be graded a B character in this stint.

I am hoping that we can see the real Sharon again this year...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon has been thrown in with the Brannings which has made her less popular this time around plus she has also be graded a B character in this stint.

I am hoping that we can see the real Sharon again this year...

We haven't seen the 'real' Kat since she returned, what makes you think we will see the 'real' Sharon again?

The writing is simply not strong enough for the characters to return to their former glory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then they need to bring in a new writing team...

Jessie and Letita are not to blame for the shoddy writing.
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    We haven't seen the 'real' Kat since she returned, what makes you think we will see the 'real' Sharon again?

The writing is simply not strong enough for the characters to return to their former glory.
    Actually quite a few have commented that Kat has been much better since leaving the Vic.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »

Getting her away from the Brannings and bringing her around a character who was actually created for her to me is good stuff. Scott Maslen is one of the show's weakest actors who brings down any romantic lead, far better with his family and Tanya is a nasty piece of work (we are supposed to forget she drugged, kidnapped and attempted to murder Max).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott may be a nice guy in real life but Jack has had his day- he is probarly one the most unpopular characters on the show who has been coupled up and dragged down one of the shows most iconic characters- The thing is I knew that when Sharon returned she would end up with Jack and its dragged Sharon down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Letita has always been loyal to EE... She has never bad mouthed the show and that is why her position in the show is very safe.

Letita also realises that she is never going to find another role like Sharon- so please let's start seeing the real Sharon once again.

How can we when she's such a crap character ATM, and is NOT being written properly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is why she needs to get away from Jack and the Brannings, I am not sure if there is a different writing team now from when Sharon was back in the Square between 2001-6...once she is away from Jack and the Brannings I hope the writing will improve for her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting her away from the Brannings and bringing her around a character who was actually created for her to me is good stuff. Scott Maslen is one of the show's weakest actors who brings down any romantic lead, far better with his family and Tanya is a nasty piece of work (we are supposed to forget she drugged, kidnapped and attempted to murder Max).

I agree that putting her with Phil and away from the Brannings is a step in the right direction, but I hope we see less of her self righteous side. Realistically the old Sharon would get on better with Kirsty than Tanya.

I completely agree with you on Tanya and I hope Sharon finally sees what a vile person she is.
  • Salvador103Salvador103 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    The wider audience must have noticed how ineffective she has been this time round she is like a totally different character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its possible that Sharon will become friends with Kirsty once Tanya leaves...