Nook HD+

swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
Forum Member
Just got this tablet so still playing around but one thing that is really bugging me is the inability of the on screen buttons (or nook equivalent of them) to disappear when playing video. Tried a few different players none seem to work, however netflix seems to be able to do it fine.

Any one else have this issue?

Comments

• alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 16:10 aspect ratio that extra 1/9th would leave an app the option of having those button left intact when playing 16:9 video.

A single/double tap often hides them too.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Yeah I know the aspect ratio/res is a little different on the nook and it is still showing full video but just cant seem to get them to disappear as they do on nexus and in netflix etc.

I just find the extra black at the bottom annoying and tried all manner of taps but to no avail, maybe just a nook thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you try VLC ?

That is also useful for playing streams outside of the browser, as it keeps a recent stream list.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    VLC, MX, mobo and couple others I will have a trawl around net see if anyone else has this as I say maybe a nook thing and attached to the screen res possibly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just maybe this is the final clearance but it is now down to £129 in most places.
    It is certainly is the best indoor tablet by far barring the Nexus 10 and Ipad Retina.

The new Nexus 7 should win for games(speed) but for general use this bigger tablet wins out.
    The lower resolution 1440 x 900 7" Nook HD is £79 for amazing portable value.

And in stock at John Lewis for a free JLCare 2 year warranty.