Jedward's Children in Need outfits for sale.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
Forum Member
Percentage of profits to charity. Outfits as worn by Jedward as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee for Children in Need photoshoot. Happy Bidding! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic-outfits-worn-by-Jedward-for-Children-in-Need-/110995196840?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item19d7d44ba8

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Just 10% going to charity, not really worth bidding on if you're doing it to make a difference to charity. Better off just making a donation. I expect the seller only listed it for charity because they knew it would make more money that way, of which the owner claims 90%. Just selfish, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "LeeVocals is the seller name sooo ^ is the seller himself i think?
  • scotty2oo6scotty2oo6 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    i just bid £100 , i want it to wear at halloween
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Just 10% going to charity, not really worth bidding on if you're doing it to make a difference to charity. Better off just making a donation. I expect the seller only listed it for charity because they knew it would make more money that way, of which the owner claims 90%. Just selfish, really.

What a bitter attitude. I regularly contribute to said charity and in fact donated 100% of the proceeds of the last item I sold on ebay, a signed Blondie T shirt which raised over 100 pounds. I don't have to donate anything at all, but choose to. The amount I donate is my business alone. Donations of any kind are welcome by charities small or large.
    Forum Member
    scotty2oo6 wrote: »
    i just bid £100 , i want it to wear at halloween

Sorry your bid was cancelled due to some confusion re accepting bids from ebayers with zero ratings.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Lee_Butler wrote: »
    What a bitter attitude. I regularly contribute to said charity and in fact donated 100% of the proceeds of the last item I sold on ebay, a signed Blondie T shirt which raised over 100 pounds. I don't have to donate anything at all, but choose to. The amount I donate is my business alone. Donations of any kind are welcome by charities small or large.

Yeah but when you read For Children In Need you expect all the profits to go to children in need not just 10%. I mean that's what I believe the previous poster is getting at. If you're going to say For Children In Need when its not all going there at least say 10% Goes To Children In Need as the title.
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Yeah but when you read For Children In Need you expect all the profits to go to children in need not just 10%. I mean that's what I believe the previous poster is getting at. If you're going to say For Children In Need when its not all going there at least say 10% Goes To Children In Need as the title.

Nothing is going to Children In Need. Jedward wore the outfits for Children In Need. It states clearly in the listing that 10% of sale goes to St Christopher's Hospice.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member

Not a bitter attitude at all, I was merely stating it how it is. The charity is a big selling point of the item, will increase the final total of the bids by more than ten percent, you are therefore making money for yourself by using the charities name.
    Forum Member
    Not a bitter attitude at all, I was merely stating it how it is. The charity is a big selling point of the item, will increase the final total of the bids by more than ten percent, you are therefore making money for yourself by using the charities name.

I think you'll find Jedwards's outfits are the major selling point :D
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hardy, because people could just donate to the charity! The items are what are being sold.
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    The first two words in the title of this thread are truly the stuff of nightmares. :eek:
    What a bitter attitude.
    There's nowt "bitter" in telling it like it is.
    Forum Member
    The first two words in the title of this thread are truly the stuff of nightmares. :eek:

There's nowt "bitter" in telling it like it is.

I'm sorry :( Really.....

But I think you're mistaking me for somebody who gives a shit what faceless randoms on the net think :rolleyes:

I'm very proud of my charity endeavours. People are bidding for the outfits, the charity donation *I* (yes, me and nobody else) choose to make is entirely up to me.
    The type of people who moan about a charity receiving money, any amount, are really pathetic. You and your sidekick have my pity.

How odd that I am not commended for my previous sell of a signed Blondie T Shirt 100% donation to the charity :rolleyes: I could have kept the money myself, but chose to do a charity auction. You can't argue with that one can you, hence no comment on it!

And this thread has served its purpose, over 2000 page views of the auction, over 30 watchers! Kerching for me in less than 2hrs :p Jealousy is such a losers trait. Oh and Happy New Year :D *smooch*
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    I think you're mistaking me for somebody who gives a shit what faceless randoms on the net think :rolleyes: I'm very proud of my charity endeavours. People are bidding for the outfits, the charity donation *I* (yes, me and nobody else) choose to make is entirely up to me. The type of people who moan about a charity receiving money, any amount, are really pathetic. You and your sidekick have my pity.

How odd that I am not commended for my previous sell of a signed Blondie T Shirt 100% donation to the charity :rolleyes: I could have kept the money myself, but chose to do a charity auction. You can't argue with that one can you, hence no comment on it!

And this thread has served its purpose, over 2000 page views of the auction, over 30 watchers! Kerching for me in less than 2hrs :p Jealousy is such a losers trait. Oh and Happy New Year :D *smooch*
    Do we have all of your pity, or just 10%?

Whatever previous philanthropic actions you may lay claim to are completely negated by the matter at hand.

Perhaps if you have a spare flawed moral compass you could list that on eBay, too. Then my "sidekick" and I could bid for that, and have nothing to be "jealous" of any more.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry :( Really.....

But I think you're mistaking me for somebody who gives a shit what faceless randoms on the net think :rolleyes:

I'm very proud of my charity endeavours. People are bidding for the outfits, the charity donation *I* (yes, me and nobody else) choose to make is entirely up to me.
    The type of people who moan about a charity receiving money, any amount, are really pathetic. You and your sidekick have my pity.

oh the irony in the fact that those faceless people on the internet are buying your stuff where you're getting the money from and you don't seem to care :rolleyes:
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first glance I read the title as 'Jedwards children need outfits' :D:p