dvd disc issues any help?

emailsemails Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
i got an issue with my dvd discs,just been trying to put to disc an important programme . however for some reason after a fault was put right with the sound on the tv,everything had to be rebooted the dvd was on pause but afer reboot all the data i spent time putting on disc has just been wiped. whats gone wrong here?

Comments

• Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What DVD recorder are you using? What type of DVD disc are you using (+ or -, writeable or rewritable)? Did you finalize the disc before rebooting everything? Did you burn the disc in video mode or VR mode?

Have you tried putting the disc into a computer to see whether the disc has 4.7Gb free on it (in which case there is nothing on the disc) or less (in which case data has been written to the disc, but you can't access it using your DVD recorder).
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By reboot do you mean you turned everything off and back on again? And did that include the DVD recorder? If you powered it off in Pause then chances are you've corrupted the recording. If you pressed Stop before powering it off then chances are it would have been OK.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    By reboot do you mean you turned everything off and back on again? And did that include the DVD recorder? If you powered it off in Pause then chances are you've corrupted the recording. If you pressed Stop before powering it off then chances are it would have been OK.

i think you hit the nail there ,& if that was the case ,i'll be more careful next time before doing that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    another issue here ,just tryed to put a film to disc ,there was other films on it & enough space left,still went to stop the recording then i get NAVIGATION ERROR ON IT. took the disc out put it back in then i get UNKNOWN DISC PLEASE TRY AGAIN what have i done wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    another issue here ,just tryed to put a film to disc ,there was other films on it & enough space left,still went to stop the recording then i get NAVIGATION ERROR ON IT. took the disc out put it back in then i get UNKNOWN DISC PLEASE TRY AGAIN what have i done wrong?

can anyone still answer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chances are the table of contents on the disk is corrupt so the recorder can no longer locate the data on it.

You could try putting the disk in a computer and running some file recovery software over it, eg Recuva, but don't hold your breath as it might not work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Chances are the table of contents on the disk is corrupt so the recorder can no longer locate the data on it.

You could try putting the disk in a computer and running some file recovery software over it, eg Recuva, but don't hold your breath as it might not work.

ok i'll give that a try, but what can be done to stop it doing that in the 1st place?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok i'll give that a try, but what can be done to stop it doing that in the 1st place?

just done this & noticed theres 3 options, 1.FREE but no support 2. £20.00 with so much support,& 3. £25.00 you get the works well what a suprise:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just get the free version. It's no different to the other two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

so how do i stop this happening in the1st place? provention!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just been trying to record onto a dvd disc from tv & the dvd has all the ad ons including disc protection which i would protect all recorded programmes once on disc. HOWEVER i have noticed this hasn't happened when i tryed to put programmes on & save them the disc came up disc error & then i lost everything on it. whats happened/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone know if there is a website for mitsubishi dvds?
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you mean blank DVDs this may help
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

Even though it may be branded 'Mitsubishi' that's no guarantee that Mitsubishi actually made the disc.."...the brand name may differ from the actual manufacturer..."
    If you want that info try this
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/dvd_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Assuming you mean blank DVDs this may help
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

Even though it may be branded 'Mitsubishi' that's no guarantee that Mitsubishi actually made the disc.."...the brand name may differ from the actual manufacturer..."
    If you want that info try this
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/dvd_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

WOW that is interesting thanks for the tip off:)