Opera 12.0 (Alpha)

user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
Forum Member
✭✭
Opera 12.0 (Alpha) now available: http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/latest
Opera 12 alpha features a completely redesigned browser engine aimed at running web applications and games more quickly and smoothly than ever. New features include:

Lightweight Themes: Opera 12.00 introduces lightweight themes. We introduced our Featherweight interface with Opera 11.50, and with Opera 12.00 we have introduced a simplified theme development mechanism.

HTML5 Parser: Opera 12.00 is our first official release to ship with Ragnarök, our HTML5 parser. The HTML5 specification details specific rules for handling markup, particularly malformed markup. These rules help impose a consistent DOM across browsers. Ragnarök means that improperly closed tags (such as <a href="#" />), and mis-nested tags will no longer break pages or the DOM.

Radial Gradients: Yep, another huge addition to Opera. We now have full support for CSS3 radial gradients, including explicit shape settings and multiple keywords.

WebGL: Before WebGL, 3D in the browser required a plug-in to produce any kind of reasonable experience, which was further stunted by lack of processing power. But browsers — including Opera — have now caught up. With our WebGL-enabled build, which draws directly upon the power of your graphics card, you can now create powerful 3D rendering, directly inside the browser!

Hardware Acceleration: As hinted above, Opera 12.00 also includes hardware acceleration, which serves to save 3D graphics from a slow death. And as a bonus, 2D <canvas> rendering and animations also get a performance boost.

Full ES5.1 Support: We've also implemented support for the ECMAScript 5.1 specification. In addition to it, we also now have native implementation of ECMAScript typed arrays.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Come on then, sell it to me. Why would I go back to Opera instead of Firefox if I don't arse about with 3D games?
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Come on then, sell it to me. Why would I go back to Opera instead of Firefox if I don't arse about with 3D games?

I only use Opera to test my Web Designs, I care not one bit if you use it or not :D :cool: