What if I can't get 4G?.Will I be charged for 3G instead?

PfrancisPfrancis Posts: 301
Forum Member
Quick question.I'm thinking of getting a new Vodafone contract which has a 6gb 4g allowance.Thing is if I can't get 4g and only 3G would they charge me?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 6GB will be a total data allowance, whether over 4G or 3G.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 6GB will be a total data allowance, whether over 4G or 3G.

Not forgetting 2G data. It may spend a lot of time on 2G :eek:
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfrancis wrote: »
    Quick question.I'm thinking of getting a new Vodafone contract which has a 6gb 4g allowance.Thing is if I can't get 4g and only 3G would they charge me?
    You're charged the same regardless.

Not sure about Vodafone, but I believe some of the networks give you 90 days (or whatever) to downgrade to a cheaper 3G contract if you're not happy with 4G coverage. Might be worth checking this with VF.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Do they? Are you sure?
    As has been said, you just pay for data.
    Doesn't matter how it's delivered (GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, LTE).
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Do they? Are you sure?
    O2 certainly do. As I say I'm not sure what the deal is with VF.

Happiness - guaranteed

You're going to love 4G. We're so confident, we're giving Pay Monthly customers a 90 day Happiness Guarantee. If you're not totally happy within that time, we'll help transfer you to a 3G tariff and give you a bill credit up to £15.

On Pay & Go? Try 4G on Pay & Go Go Go and if it's not right for you, you can change back to 3G on your next monthly anniversary date.

http://www.o2.co.uk/4g
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Do they? Are you sure?
    As has been said, you just pay for data.
    Doesn't matter how it's delivered (GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, LTE).

yeah but you are paying extra for 4G.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're paying extra - a £5 flat fee - for access to the 4G network, not the data you use on it.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    You're paying extra - a £5 flat fee - for access to the 4G network, not the data you use on it.

Which also gives you spotify premium or Sky Sports Mobile....the former being £10 a month on its own. So for the extra data and spotify premium I reckon it is worth the extra 5 quid.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had any interest in either of those services, which not everybody does. Every network keeps spamming me with these "value added extras" I don't give a crap about, I don't need three Spotify subscriptions, I just want 4G for the improved coverage and speeds.

If I was getting £10 a month worth of extras I'd rather ditch the crap I don't use and have them put more money towards the thing I actually do use - the network itself.
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Which also gives you spotify premium or Sky Sports Mobile....the former being £10 a month on its own. So for the extra data and spotify premium I reckon it is worth the extra 5 quid.

Are they standard subscriptions? I.E. could a customer use it on their other devices such as a laptop too?
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Spotify is multi device and can be used as if it was any normal spotify premium account you were paying £10 for.

The sky sports is linked to the device or sim. Not sure which.