Austin power in goldmember

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all. just wanting your views on this last Austin powers movie. Was this meant to be the last ever one. What did you make of this one. Funny movie but not as good as the 2nd one. What are your views on it funny or not?

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just one thing to say here:

Molymolymolymolymoly
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Funny just for Michael Caine.He effortlessly stole the film IMO.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i believe they are making another 1 aint hey ??

it wasn't a bad movie,for me it was 1 austin powers too many,don't get me wrong i enjoyed it but i felt they should have stopped after 2
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very poor compared to the first two. I only remember really laughing at the Godzilla copywrite gags.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I thought it was awful compared to the first two. I've got the boxset and I only ever watch the first two because Goldmember was so poor.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to not like the 3rd one as I don't like Michael Caine, but my mate loves it and we ended up watching all 3 one evening whilst having a drink and I quite enjoyed it. For a while it was the only one we ever watched when having a drink because we thought it was hilarious. I loved the 2nd one too, I actually went to the cinema 4 times to see it. Strangely, I don't find the first one all that funny. It takes itself a bit too serious in places, it isn't as joke packed and for some reason it's a 15 despite the 2nd and 3rd ones being more filthy, and they are only 12's. Hopefully the 4th doesn't ruin the franchise.

I wonder why Heather Graham wasn't in the 3rd one though? At least Liz came back for the start of the second one to film her exit scene. At the start of the 3rd there's no mention at all of her character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    i believe they are making another 1 aint hey ??

it wasn't a bad movie,for me it was 1 austin powers too many,don't get me wrong i enjoyed it but i felt they should have stopped after 2
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Very poor compared to the first two. I only remember really laughing at the Godzilla copywrite gags.
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I thought it was awful compared to the first two. I've got the boxset and I only ever watch the first two because Goldmember was so poor.

I have to agree. When I first had it on DVD at the age of 12/13, I thought it was absolutely amazing and would prefer it to the other two. I watched it again not too long ago and basically cringed throughout most of it.