How to stop screen rotate on ipad?

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just got a ipad and have been trying to work out how to stop the screen from doing a rotate but can not work it out.

so can someone please let me know how to do it and also is there any way to make everything on facebook from looking so big in the App?

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have iOS 7, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and it's one of the round buttons. Looks like a padlock inside a circular arrow.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    If you have iOS 7, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and it's one of the round buttons. Looks like a padlock inside a circular arrow.

Many thanks for that.

yes found that and thats worked.

just another little thing is that when i have ipad upright and am say looking at websites and then move the page up or down there is a little slope(one side looks higher then other side).

its only little but when i have it the other way round it cant be seen so is that normal?

have to say the ipad is one fine bit of kit.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love sky wrote: »
    Many thanks for that.

yes found that and thats worked.

just another little thing is that when i have ipad upright and am say looking at websites and then move the page up or down there is a little slope(one side looks higher then other side).

its only little but when i have it the other way round
    it cant be seen so is that normal?

have to say the ipad is one fine bit of kit.

Sorry, you will have to explain that another way as I have no idea what it means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Sorry, you will have to explain that another way as I have no idea what it means.

i know its a bit hard to explain.

when looking on webpages it looks like they are not dead center of the screen as in on the left hand side is not the same level as the right hand side of webpages when moving up and down.

its a bit hard to explain but it does not do it when i turn ipad round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just one other thing is there way to make another browser the default one and not the ipads own one?

as when i click on a link in a email it takes me to Safari which i dont really like so am using Dolphin browser.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    i love sky wrote: »
    Also just one other thing is there way to make another browser the default one and not the ipads own one?.

No, it can't be changed
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can see the 'slope' on screen whilst using the browser, does it do it in Safari as well as Dolphin, or just in Dolphin?

Can you take a screen capture of it - to do that press and hold the home button and the power button together. You'll know you've done it when the screen flashes white. Then put the photograph somewhere online - for example photobucket - and post the link here.