What happened to the orange tmobile 3G share?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the new look of it. Looks pretty cheap now, I think.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Skippy2005 wrote: »
    Oooo now then. I shall be checking out my speeds for sure now. Thanks Lucan. EE seem to be showing slme pretty nifty LTE speeds too. I wonder what kind of 3g speeds I can expect having the Note 2 which isnt DC HSPA.

If you've got the N7100 then it's basically the same as the S3 which roughly saw from 7 upwards down & 2-3 up on a newly upgraded MBNL mast.

What do you normally get?
    Forum Member
    I hate the new look of it. Looks pretty cheap now, I think.

I agree, the begin test button and background look a bit daft, like its floating or not connected at all. The test result and the extra result info page look ok though. Ugly kitty is still there, although in ghost mode it seems. Ha!

http://imgur.com/2k17ML7.jpg (excuse the lack of 4G, I'm in the middle of nowhere.)

EDIT: Just noticed Davy already posted screen shots.

Great speeds mate :)
  • Skippy2005Skippy2005 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've got the N7100 then it's basically the same as the S3 which roughly saw from 7 upwards down & 2-3 up on a newly upgraded MBNL mast.

What do you normally get?

Yes its the N7100, I usually get around 1.5mb to 2.5mb depending on what time of day, in the small hours 3.5mb to 4mb down. Upload between 0.8mb and 1.8mb. Its the same all around the city.

I can't wait for some decent speeds and good pings never get a ping below 200 and 900 to 1000.
  • bigpete15bigpete15 Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Got these 2 speeds 1 after the other in Belfast earlier on while sitting in North Street at the junction of Royal Avenue -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdpj0xbdszrdopo/2013-03-21%2016.52.51.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ghly5baqa0kpfk/2013-03-21%2016.53.17.png

A while later not too far away I was back to the usual 20 - 25Mbps down and up, give or take.

That's the fastest speeds I've seen!
    Forum Member
    Where did the 19Mbps down and 2.5Mbps up tests occur mate and what time of day? Would love to see that on my screen :)

I got that on mon at 11 am, just occurred to me was a bank holiday here so maybe lighter traffic. Was just off Lisburn road close to the kings hall.
    Forum Member
    http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/494328911.png

Junction one retail park in Antrim on tues afternoon past.
    Good result, most of Antrim town has now been upgraded even 3G coverage on the motorway for the 1st time now.
    Forum Member
    Glad you guys are seeing improvements.. if a little late.. grr!
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the begin test button and background look a bit daft, like its floating or not connected at all. The test result and the extra result info page look ok though. Ugly kitty is still there, although in ghost mode it seems. Ha!

http://imgur.com/2k17ML7.jpg (excuse the lack of 4G, I'm in the middle of nowhere.)

EDIT: Just noticed Davy already posted screen shots.

Great speeds mate :)

The screenshots I posted were of the old app before I updated. I was just showing my speeds. Hopefully they get more consistent :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigpete15 wrote: »
    I got that on mon at 11 am, just occurred to me was a bank holiday here so maybe lighter traffic. Was just off Lisburn road close to the kings hall.
    http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/494328911.png

Junction one retail park in Antrim on tues afternoon past.
    Good result, most of Antrim town has now been upgraded even 3G coverage on the motorway for the 1st time now.

I've never had speeds close to that on 3G. I would get around 10-13Mbps at best. You're using an iPhone 5?

Well pleased with those 4G speeds but like I said, I was back to 20-25Mbps shortly after. Hopefully they were toying with a mast so that the capacity and speeds will improve for when a lot are on 4G :)
    Forum Member
    I've never had speeds close to that on 3G. I would get around 10-13Mbps at best. You're using an iPhone 5?

Well pleased with those 4G speeds but like I said, I was back to 20-25Mbps shortly after. Hopefully they were toying with a mast so that the capacity and speeds will improve for when a lot are on 4G :)

Yeah I'm using iphone 5 on orange as my personal line.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I noticed on Three's checker that there is planned work going on in my postcode this weekend. Does this mean, as it's MBNL, that I'll potentially suffer disruption?

I don't mind, but I was just curious, that's all. :)
  • danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    I noticed on Three's checker that there is planned work going on in my postcode this weekend. Does this mean, as it's MBNL, that I'll potentially suffer disruption?

I don't mind, but I was just curious, that's all. :)

Same here. but say's 25th
    Forum Member
    It may but it could mean anything if it is a shared site (ie reduced output to allow Airwave, Voda/O2, 'EE' (2G) engineers tinker with other antennas.) I can't confirm anything until Monday.
    Forum Member
    Redcoat wrote: »
    EE 3G finally arrived in Omagh this morning.

Good news. Things might be all over the shop over the weekend.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I think Orange and T-Mobile use the same location by me. I think O2 and Voda use the same location as each other (different to T-M/Orange).

Can't say for 100% certain, though. Only as I get identical Orange/T-M/Three signal in my house/town, and pants O2/Voda.
    Forum Member
    Redcoat wrote: »
    Certainly don't doubt that. Wouldn't like to be a MBNL engineer climbing up near the top of a 30+ metre mast in an exposed location with 60mph gusts and rain/sleet/snow coming and going :eek:

Most of the antennas and other hardware for sites going live at the present have been in place for weeks, even 2 months in some cases.
    Though I would say 12m up at the top of a monopole in a lorry mounted lift changing an antenna in gales and driving rain isn't fun!
    Forum Member
    This site it was a few weeks. Contractors and Ericsson/MBNL Network Engineers are separate mind. The latter a rare breed ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm using iphone 5 on orange as my personal line.

I'll have to give it a to when nearby then.

Good to see the other areas getting 3G too but given the snow we're getting I wouldn't think they'll be doing too much. I'm not sure about rural areas but it simply wouldn't be possible in Belfast!
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    No snow down here. Just lots and lots of rain.
    My soon to be ex wife came down the A38 last night with our 3 children on board, in the fast lane, hit some poorly drained water, aquaplaned, hit the central reservation barrier, spun across the road, ended up pointing the wrong way on the hard shoulder and being narrowly missed by a lorry who just managed to swerve to avoid her.
    One car fairly damaged, 4 people totally ok.
    Lucy, my gorgeous 8 year old cried because her cuddly Roo fell on the floor!
    My life now doesn't seem so bad. Things are back in perspective.
    Just thought I'd share that. Don't know why. It's a bit off topic :-)
  • sparky93sparky93 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    My soon to be ex wife came down the A38 last night with our 3 children on board, in the fast lane, hit some poorly drained water, aquaplaned, hit the central reservation barrier, spun across the road, ended up pointing the wrong way on the hard shoulder and being narrowly missed by a lorry who just managed to swerve to avoid her.
    glad all ok :-)
    Forum Member
    God keep on topic lad. No one ever goes off topic in these lands :P

Glad a ok.
  • Skippy2005Skippy2005 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its good to talk. Who cares if we go off topic a little. If it helps a friend then so be it.
  • beecartbeecart Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pleased to hear they are all ok. This weather is awful and if you don't need to be out in it, stay warm indoors!!!
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys.
    When I heard this morning, my heart did nearly stop.
    Looking forward to getting back here fully when I've sorted myself out.
This discussion has been closed.