Gwyneth Paltrow!!!

TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone subscribe to Gwyneth Paltrows weekly newsletter and view her site www.goop.com?? If so, what are your views on it??

This past week, she has come into so very heavy flack for recommending that its subscribers fork out around $450,000 for a new spring wardrobe in an effort to edit your closets!!

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/gwyneth-paltrow-recommends-450-000-worth-spring-wardrobe-192000107-us-weekly.html

Have you tried any of her recipes from the site/newsletter or any of her other tips and suggestions??

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a self absorbed div.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be fair her site is primarily aimed at rich women like her. I don't know why she leaves it open to anyone, she'd do much better if she just made it availlable by expensive subscription (then the Daily Mail wouldn't be able to slag her off every month either.)
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is indeed an example.

Gwyny!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's insufferable.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    She's insufferable.

Completely... To us mere mortals
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's insufferable.

You are far too polite:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are far too polite:D:D

Now that's something I don't hear very often :p
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a self absorbed div.

She is. Her head is completely up her backside. And yet she means so well I can't not like her.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's insufferable.

Just like her husband.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Self-obsessed & patronising.
    Pleasant to look at though (apparently natural,which is a plus these days) & not evil,just terribly in your face/who-cares/boring.
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like her husband.

In defense of Chris Martin, he is the down to earth half of this couple!! He doesnt give 2 shits about clothes, for one thing!! He always seems to be seen dressed in the same things, other than the Coldplay "uniforms"(I once saw a pic of him taken in the street with a torn t-shirt). He himself said that he has worn the same sneakers since the early days of Coldplay!! I have only seen him dressed smartly in a Tom Ford suit and that was last year at an afterbash of the Oscars!!

Chris always has time for fans(poses for pics with them, signs autographs, stops for chats, etc.) and he does WAY more stuff for charity than his wife does!!

To me, they are complete opposites, and it surprises me how long they have remained a married couple, as they come from totally, completely different ends of lifes spectrum, her from Hollywoods elite and him from a small town in Devon!!:D:D:D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    She's insufferable.

Yep. Is it to much to say that she's heading down the road to Mary Antoinette?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Just like her husband.

No not as much. She was born rich. Both annoy the hell out of me though,.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them both.

Sure some of her ideas are based on a wealthy lifestyle and her idea of what's a reasonable amount to spend on stuff is nuts. But as Davethescott says she means well. I certainly don't have that "Anne Hathaway" reaction. Her kids are largely out of the limelight and I bet they say "please" and "thank you".
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    It's the Eat Pray Love mentality

Wealthy women who apparently have figured out the key to happiness (ie: spend loads of money on bollocks)

Forgetting that for most women in the world, such financial disposability is beyond their means.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We often come across a certain someone who pulls a 'Gwyneth Paltrow' act on us in our lives, don't we? *shudder*

We all should be grateful that we don't happen to live next door to the REAL Gwyneth Paltrow. Imagine that, folks - wouldn't it be a total nightmare trying to avoid that awful self-absorbed moo foisting her unwanted advice upon yourself before you open your mouth at all costs?! :EEK!:

Why doesn't the Daily Mail try to give Gwyneth some celebrity column inches to espouse her meaningless views like it does for its fellow hackettes/columnists like Jan Moir & Liz Jones?!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not keen on her at all.
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Eat Pray Love mentality

Wealthy women who apparently have figured out the key to happiness (ie: spend loads of money on bollocks)

Forgetting that for most women in the world, such financial disposability is beyond their means.

Now that's some plastic surgery I'd like to see!!
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preferred her YONKS ago when she was little league. I remember seeing her in Proof at the Donmar Warehouse theatre in London and she sat on the floor at my feet crying (I had a front-row seat). Since then she has gone loopy.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got the energy to really dislike her. She always seems nice enough when I hear her speak. I do think her and Chris Martin take themselves a bit seriously, but there are other people who wind me up far more.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I haven't got the energy to really dislike her. She always seems nice enough when I hear her speak. I do think her and Chris Martin take themselves a bit seriously, but there are other people who wind me up far more.

Me too.:)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »

Yeah, she does spout some rubbish, and she wouldn't be my first choice of celeb to spend a night with down the pub, but I can't actually dislike her
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    she sat on the floor at my feet crying (I had a front-row seat).

But you said, 'Save it, dear-I won't take you back!':D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    No way has she ever had a $450,000 wardrobe... she dresses like a jakey