Jaws 4: The Revenge - an unanswered question

NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the film Jaws, it suppose to have followed the Brody family around and to the Bahamas, and supposed to have killed Shaun and Martin in the process. As Rod (Martin Brody) killed Jaws in the first film in by blowing him up (I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone :D ) by shooting at a oxygen canister. How could have there been more, and how could the shark followed them around? Was it offspring?

Comments

• SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the film Jaws, it suppose to have followed the Brody family around and to the Bahamas, and supposed to have killed Shaun and Martin in the process. As Rod (Martin Brody) killed Jaws in the first film in by blowing him up (I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone :D ) by shooting at a oxygen canister. How could have there been more, and how could the shark followed them around? Was it offspring?

does it matter?
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Rod (Martin Brody) killed Jaws in the first film

Rod? Who's Rod?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shiiiit film ....A shark with a grudge cmon .....
    NUFF SAID:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it offspring?

Far be it from me to defend a awful movie, but the shark in part 4 is clearly related to the original one. I don't recall it being stated whether it was the "son of" Jaws and I don't really have the tolerance to check.
    How could have there been more

When a boy shark and a girl shark love each other very much and decide they want to have a baby shark...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more pertinent unanswered question is "why was this heap of ______ ever committed to celluloid?"
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more "sharks as a whole" a bearing a grudge against the family.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're seeking logic where there is none :D
  • NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rod? Who's Rod?

Sorry, I meant Roy. Rod is the other fella :D
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant Roy. Rod is the other fella :D

Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw.

Still not seeing a Rod anywhere in there...
  • NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant Rod Steiger - and before you comment, I know he's not in the film. Just a little mix up of names between Roy Scheider and Rod Steiger, you happy now?
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member

Firstly, it's "Roy", not "Rod"

Secondly, it's a different shark.

Thirdly, I don't have a third point.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...It was all a dream...

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I have never seen it [the film], but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!"

Michael Caine :D
    Forum Member
    A few points about Jaws: The Revenge interest me

1- They completely ignore Jaws 3, even though Jaws 3 is a better movie than Jaws: The Revenge. In Jaws 3, Mike Brody is Dennis Quaid, was an engineer working at Seaworld, had a different girlfriend who was a dolphin trainer and Sean Brody was a cowboy. In Jaws: The Revenge, Mike Brody isn't Dennis Quaid, is a scientist who studies sea snails, is married to a really bad artist, and Sean Brody is a cop.

2- Ellen Brody is so traumatised by her son being killed by a shark while working as a marine police officer that she decides to take a trip to the Bahamas....an nation of islands....and the sea.....that has sharks.

3- The shark roars. It also explodes when Ellen Brody hits it with a boat. I can only conclude that the shark was made out of the same oxygen tank that Jaws 1 was made out of. Also, they torment the shark by flashing a thing at it which causes it to feel pain and uh....something, because of the flashing thing and electrical signals or....something .....erm.......yeah.

4- They never explain why it's called "Jaws: The Revenge". Who exactly is getting revenge and for what? It can't be the shark. They have the IQ of a haddock. I doubt sharks really care about what happened to previous sharks, especially poor old Jaws 3 who is completely ignored. I suppose Ellen Brody might be getting revenge on sharks, even though we kill about 70 million of them a year and turn them into soup anyway. If anything, sharks are justified in taking revenge on humanity.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well joseph sargent said in a 1987 interview with Starlog magazine

"This is a relationship picture between a woman and a shark"

I was never clear on the telepathic knowing she had with the shark and all the other stuff, though remember , wanting to ride that bannana boat
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    You're looking for logic in a film that doesn''t have any.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few points about Jaws: The Revenge interest me

1- They completely ignore Jaws 3, even though Jaws 3 is a better movie than Jaws: The Revenge. In Jaws 3, Mike Brody is Dennis Quaid, was an engineer working at Seaworld, had a different girlfriend who was a dolphin trainer and Sean Brody was a cowboy. In Jaws: The Revenge, Mike Brody isn't Dennis Quaid, is a scientist who studies sea snails, is married to a really bad artist, and Sean Brody is a cop.

2- Ellen Brody is so traumatised by her son being killed by a shark while working as a marine police officer that she decides to take a trip to the Bahamas....an nation of islands....and the sea.....that has sharks.

3- The shark roars. It also explodes when Ellen Brody hits it with a boat. I can only conclude that the shark was made out of the same oxygen tank that Jaws 1 was made out of. Also, they torment the shark by flashing a thing at it which causes it to feel pain and uh....something, because of the flashing thing and electrical signals or....something .....erm.......yeah.

4- They never explain why it's called "Jaws: The Revenge". Who exactly is getting revenge and for what? It can't be the shark. They have the IQ of a haddock. I doubt sharks really care about what happened to previous sharks, especially poor old Jaws 3 who is completely ignored. I suppose Ellen Brody might be getting revenge on sharks, even though we kill about 70 million of them a year and turn them into soup anyway. If anything, sharks are justified in taking revenge on humanity.

As insane as it it may be I actually prefer 4 to 3. I don't think I've ever recovered from seeing Jaws 3-D in the cinema in 1983 and almost having a seizure from the laughter the exploding 3D shark sfx caused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually dying to see this now after reading this thread!
    Forum Member
    well joseph sargent said in a 1987 interview with Starlog magazine

"This is a relationship picture between a woman and a shark"

I was never clear on the telepathic knowing she had with the shark and all the other stuff, though remember , wanting to ride that bannana boat

It would have been a better movie if the shark fell in love with Ellen Brody. Then it could have been a real relationship between a woman and a shark. The shark would have felt guilty for everything other sharks had done to the Brodys, and gradually, feelings would have developed between them.

The last line in the movie should have been Michael Caine saying "A shark.....falling in love with a woman......this is BLAAAADY MAAAAAAD!"
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    It would have been a better movie if the shark fell in love with Ellen Brody. Then it could have been a real relationship between a woman and a shark. The shark would have felt guilty for everything other sharks had done to the Brodys, and gradually, feelings would have developed between them.

The last line in the movie should have been Michael Caine saying "A shark.....falling in love with a woman......this is BLAAAADY MAAAAAAD!"

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody fins off"
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Isn't this the film Micheal Caine admitted he only did because he got a free trip to The Bahamas & got paid for it?
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As bad as Jaws 4 is, it's infinitely more watchable than part 3, which was amateurish, beyond ridiculous and marred by the poke-your-face 3D effects. Easily the worst film Dennis Quaid has ever starred in.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    Far be it from me to defend a awful movie, but the shark in part 4 is clearly related to the original one. I don't recall it being stated whether it was the "son of" Jaws and I don't really have the tolerance to check.

When a boy shark and a girl shark love each other very much and decide they want to have a baby shark...

I'm in tears here :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just watching it on Syfy +1, didn't think it was actually as bad as people have been saying until the shark started roaring like a T-rex, then EXPLODED from being stabbed by a wooden pole.