The 'I Hate Pete Doherty' thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
Forum Member
✭✭
He reckons he is too cool for school, but after reading this article in the mirror and I quote: Doherty rolled his eyes and stuck up his finger at Thames magistrates court in Bow, East London - but he waited until Mr Dawson was not looking to avoid a contempt of court rap. It made me think what a twurp he is.

I hate him end of. He brought down Kate Moss to his level, has no respect for his fans what so ever. Why does the media pay so much attention to this prick? hes been arrested so many time over the last few weeks and I pray that he either gets sent down for a long time or over doses on his next batch of heroin. Or choke on his vomit, I'm not picky. Saying that theres a chance he could be potrayed as a tragic legend in the making so the prison sentence is probably best.

PS I had tickets to see babyshambles last August but they canceled, and I lost £20 booking fee, all because he was f***** of his face :mad: .

Comments

• Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    Arrggggh i hate him he's in the papers more than the actual celeb out there i think he needs help and why would kate moss a beautiful supermodel wan't to go out with him ewww.
  • OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he needs help, but he has to want to be helped for it to do any good.

I get the impression that he's decided that he's going to live fast and die young like James Dean and become an icon of his era. On the other hand James Dean may have been beautiful and become an icon, but he was still an idiot for throwing his life away by going far too far in a powerful car that he couldn't control at high speed.

Perhaps Doherty has a death wish. Who knows? His mother must be frantic. I don't particularly blame Moss for distancing herself now because their antics when they were together have damaged her image no matter how much the media might bleat about her getting her life back together. Those images of a wasted Moss snorting coke off the back of a CD cover will live forever and never quite be forgotten.

I imagine Doherty must be feeling abandoned by Moss, although she did try to get him some help.

Which brings up back to my original point. He has to really want help for it to do any good and right now I don't think he does want it at all.

He's a self-fulfilling prophecy at the moment I'm afraid. I don't hate him, but I do pity him.

:cool:
    Forum Member
    I wonder if his mum tries to help him as well, i know he's old enough so he can do what he want;s but i would still try to help him.
  • WickedLadyWickedLady Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if his mum tries to help him as well, i know he's old enough so he can do what he want;s but i would still try to help him.

Both of his parents have tried to help him in the past, but as he's not appreciated their help they've washed their hands of him.
    Forum Member
    WickedLady wrote:
    Both of his parents have tried to help him in the past, but as he's not appreciated their help they've washed their hands of him.[/QUO

Thanks i was just wondering,i would be so upset he's always in prison he's a bit troubled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember years ago that the legend that is June Brown aka Dot Cotton in EastEnders paid for Doherty to be sent to Thailand for a strict regime to help conquer his drug addiction. Needless to say, he quit the camp, the loser.

I quote: Another offer of help came from an unexpected quarter. EastEnders star June Brown, who plays Dot, funded Doherty's recent trip to a clinic in Thailand. It had helped her crack addict godson, Tim Arnold. But Doherty left before he was cured. Then a few weeks ago, the band axed him for good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that June brown was his godmother!! I think doherty is a disgusting role model for the youth of today!
  • WickedLadyWickedLady Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myangel wrote:
    I didn't know that June brown was his godmother!! I think doherty is a disgusting role model for the youth of today!

If you read the posts again you'll find

"It had helped her crack addict godson, Tim Arnold."

i.e June Brown's godson. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh boh. Wouldn't touch him wearing one of those contagious disease suits. He really is a prize **** the fact he keeps getting arrested driving while off his face reiterates that. I have no respect for drink/drugs drivers. Pete, your not cool.

Also I think he lives near me as he keeps getting arrested around here and getting taken to Stoke Newingtonand Hackney police station. Grrrr.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he needs help, but he has to want to be helped for it to do any good.

I get the impression that he's decided that he's going to live fast and die young like James Dean and become an icon of his era. On the other hand James Dean may have been beautiful and become an icon, but he was still an idiot for throwing his life away by going far too far in a powerful car that he couldn't control at high speed.

Perhaps Doherty has a death wish. Who knows? His mother must be frantic. I don't particularly blame Moss for distancing herself now because their antics when they were together have damaged her image no matter how much the media might bleat about her getting her life back together. Those images of a wasted Moss snorting coke off the back of a CD cover will live forever and never quite be forgotten.

I imagine Doherty must be feeling abandoned by Moss, although she did try to get him some help.

Which brings up back to my original point. He has to really want help for it to do any good and right now I don't think he does want it at all.

He's a self-fulfilling prophecy at the moment I'm afraid. I don't hate him, but I do pity him.

:cool:

Touche.. though I can see why Kate Moss would be attracted to the fallen dark angel type
    .I feel a bit sorry for someone who has so liitle regard for the value of his own life...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    i could see him dying within the next few years. He's the biggest loser on the planet at the moment :mad:
  • duckapluckduckapluck Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya cant help a smack head till they want help
    Kate moss loves the rough guys and lets face it she was snorting crap so he was more interesting.... see paula and micheal
  • modemboymodemboy Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Wick_ed wrote:

PS I had tickets to see babyshambles last August but they canceled, and I lost £20 booking fee, all because he was f***** of his face :mad: .

he has his demons, that much is true.

why did you go to see the shambles if you hate PD so much? :confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    modemboy wrote:
    he has his demons, that much is true.

why did you go to see the shambles if you hate PD so much? :confused::confused::confused:

Because up until that point (august) I had no opinion on him but this began my hatred towards him, me and a few mates had a night planned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    he just wants snuffing out. but yet the fools that are the press just keep publishing his plight.

hes one person i could hit and keep hitting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    This was the third para of the mirror article:-

His solicitor Sean Curren pleaded for a final chance for Doherty. He said: "He has pleaded guilty to these offences. That is a recognition that he does have an outstanding drugs problem."

So he's finally realised what we all knew months/years ago.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thnen again, maybe that could be the first step towards something better :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Wick_ed wrote:
    He reckons he is too cool for school, but after reading this article in the mirror and I quote: Doherty rolled his eyes and stuck up his finger at Thames magistrates court in Bow, East London - but he waited until Mr Dawson was not looking to avoid a contempt of court rap. It made me think what a twurp he is.

I hate him end of. He brought down Kate Moss to his level, has no respect for his fans what so ever. Why does the media pay so much attention to this prick? hes been arrested so many time over the last few weeks and I pray that he either gets sent down for a long time or over doses on his next batch of heroin. Or choke on his vomit, I'm not picky. Saying that theres a chance he could be potrayed as a tragic legend in the making so the prison sentence is probably best.

To be fair to Pete it isn't really his fault that the media pay so much attention to him. He isn't doing anything different now than he was a year or so ago, the media only gave a toss once he started going out with Kate Moss.

I actually think it's disgraceful the way the media treat his addiction and downspiral as some sort of public spectacle. His story will no doubt have a tragic ending and it is sad, not because he is a 'legend' of any sort, but because he is a talented young man who is throwing his life away and the media are treating it as some sort of trashy soap opera that is being played out for our entertainment.
  • pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    Lovechild wrote:
    To be fair to Pete it isn't really his fault that the media pay so much attention to him. He isn't doing anything different now than he was a year or so ago, the media only gave a toss once he started going out with Kate Moss.

I actually think it's disgraceful the way the media treat his addiction and downspiral as some sort of public spectacle. His story will no doubt have a tragic ending and it is sad, not because he is a 'legend' of any sort, but because he is a talented young man who is throwing his life away and the media are treating it as some sort of trashy soap opera that is being played out for our entertainment.

You're being naive - Doherty regularly sells his story to the tabloids to get cash. I'm afraid that's why the media view it as a soap opera - he's encouraged their interest himself. It's no one else's fault but his own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pants I think you are right Pete deliberately speaks to the tabloids in exchange for money. When he first started going out with Kate he sold some pics of the 2 of them together to the Sun as she was bloody fuming. To be honest I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if her sold those photos of her snorting coke which The Mirror apparently paid £750,000 for.

Doherty is an addict he will do anything for money. On his website he regularly asks for donations from fans. He "escaped" from rehab after a fan put up the airfare home.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Laurat. I have often wondered since the 'cocaine Kate' scandal first broke if it was indeed Doherty himself that tipped them off. The guy is a walking disaster. What really bothers me though is the fact that here is a man who can be arrested several times in one 24 hour period for the same offence, i.e possession of Class A drugs, yet there never seems to be enough 'evidence' to be able to charge him. I'm sure I read somewhere earlier that he has been released on bail yet again. If that was you or I, we would be banged up in Wormwood Scrubs before you could say 'lights out'. One rule for us, and another for the 'celebs'...

And as someone further up the thread mentioned, he cannot be helped if he doesn't want to be helped. In the meantime however, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I agree that Pete has definitley encouraged the media's interest in him by selling numerous stories to them (no prizes for guesses what he's spending the money on). I just feel like they should take some responsibility as they are inadvertley encouraging him, I suppose they, like a lot of people have the attitude that 'if he wants to kill himself we''ll just leave him to it' and I think this is really sad.

As for the Kate Moss theory, the guy's a complete mess and would probably sell his granny for his next hit so I wouldn't put anything past him. I think it's more likely that it was just one of his seedy friends but as I said, I wouldn't put anything past him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I hate him, frankly. And I shamelessly point you toward www.ihatepetedoherty.com for all those who want to release their pent up anger about the talentless fop.
  • nirvanarhodesnirvanarhodes Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as much as i think this guy has little too no real music talent if he dies from drugs he will be looked upon like Kurt Cobain, who had a HUGE talent for writing and playing, unlike said Pete.

i hope the media get bored of this prat, his lose interest then after 6month or so he is homeless on the streets, or sommet to that affect.
  • cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I alone in thinking he looks like the legend that is Rodney Bewes?

Pete

Rodney