Game of Thrones (Season Three) (UK Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    The episode titles have been released. I don't know if they count as spoilers but will put just in case.
    1 – Valar Dohaeris
    2 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
    3 – Walk of Punishment
    4 – And Now His Watch is Ended
    5 – Kissed by Fire
    6 – TBC
    7 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
    8 – TBC
    9 – The Rains of Castamere
    10 – Mhysa
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    B-612 wrote: »
    The episode titles have been released. I don't know if they count as spoilers but will put just in case.
    1 – Valar Dohaeris
    2 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
    3 – Walk of Punishment
    4 – And Now His Watch is Ended
    5 – Kissed by Fire
    6 – TBC
    7 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
    8 – TBC
    9 – The Rains of Castamere
    10 – Mhysa

Interesting titles.

Just got Season 2 on DVD today.

My weekend is sorted then:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question probably but what time/channel is it on, I've only ever seen the DVDs/streamed online/seen repeats :o
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    franster wrote: »
    Dumb question probably but what time/channel is it on, I've only ever seen the DVDs/streamed online/seen repeats :o

It's on at 9pm on Sky Atlantic (returning on April 1) :)

A bunch of new character photos have been released: http://dspy.me/12hH8Av

Exciting stuff!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Season Three trailer just premiered a day early, thanks HBO

Finally, some Stannis and more new people!
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    New Season Three trailer just premiered a day early, thanks HBO

Finally, some Stannis and more new people!

Ahh, I'd forgotten about
    Brienne and the bear pit
    - looking forward to that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stop watching the extended trailer, it all looks so epic. Really cannot wait for April 1st, counting down the days.
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with season three is that, if you've read the books, you know that, as long as they follow the story, season four is going to be just gob-smackingly amazing/shocking.

So, season three is just the one to get through before we get to the really *really* good stuff.

And, even further ahead, I'm intrigued into how they're going to film season 5 and 6.
    as the story is split between those two books between different locations - book 5 deals purely with Kings Landing and book 6 everywhere else. Will they really tell half their cast 'you've got this year off?'
  • misssdorianmisssdorian Posts: 12,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The extended trailer is amazing :D

I love the music choice ..31st can't come quick enough:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    dronkula wrote: »
    So, season three is just the one to get through before we get to the really *really* good stuff.

Simply not true. Episode 9 alone:-
    The Red Wedding
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with season three is that, if you've read the books, you know that, as long as they follow the story, season four is going to be just gob-smackingly amazing/shocking.

And, even further ahead, I'm intrigued into how they're going to film season 5 and 6.
    as the story is split between those two books between different locations - book 5 deals purely with Kings Landing and book 6 everywhere else. Will they really tell half their cast 'you've got this year off?'

They're supposedly mixing up the story lines for both Book Three (which was split because of its length into two volumes here in the UK) and Books Four and Five for the TV adaptations
    so they're following the time line in all locations rather than split ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I reckon they'll have to just
    follow the timeline rather than the order of the books. Maybe going a little something like this.

Season 4: Rest of ASOS, maybe little bits of AFFC and ADWD.

Season 5 and 6: AFFC and ADWD

Then season 7 would be TWOW and so on.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    No problem, happy to help, that's what the thread is here for. Will give as much details as I can without being spoilery.

Not likely as Robb got married in Season 2, even though he was promised to a Frey as payment to cross the bridge into the south. So a Frey would be next in line to marry him should he become single again. As you said it "All Robb would need to do is get rid of his current wife!" which is not like him :)

This is what started the last big war and put Robert on the throne! Dany's older brother (the prince) took Ned's sister who Robert wanted to marry. Raegar raped her and kept her prisoner. Robert and Ned joined forces and raised an army to free her but she was killed. They went on to depose House Targaryen and take the Iron Throne.
    There would be some poetic justice in them getting together and putting the Targaryens back on the throne.

Dany's older brother is this the brother who got crowned in Gold or another brother.

Btw that actor is the Great grandson of Charles Dickens.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dany's older brother is this the brother who got crowned in Gold or another brother.

Btw that actor is the Great grandson of Charles Dickens.

It's another brother, the eldest one, Rhaegar Targaryen, killed by Robert Baratheon during Robert's Rebellion at a ford during the Battle of the Trident.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the extended preview and it got me all excited for series 3 again.

"Death is coming for everyone".

Nothing more to say. :D
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look to your sins, Lord Renly. The night is dark and full of terrors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might be right off topic but it doesn't contain spoilers.

Since the end of series 2 I have been following a load of the actors on twitter.

Some of them come across as brilliant people, in fact none of them, so far, seem to be total tossers.

Anyone else following them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    This might be right off topic but it doesn't contain spoilers.

Since the end of series 2 I have been following a load of the actors on twitter.

Some of them come across as brilliant people, in fact none of them, so far, seem to be total tossers.

Anyone else following them?

Can't say as I do, any examples? I'm hoping that their levels of "bantz" are a tad more cerebral than the average footballer...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadout wrote: »
    Can't say as I do, any examples? I'm hoping that their levels of "bantz" are a tad more cerebral than the average footballer...

Nah not particularly cerebral, the guy who plays Loras for instance is a bit of a ditz.

The guy who plays Sam is very funny though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Nah not particularly cerebral, the guy who plays Loras for instance is a bit of a ditz.

The guy who plays Sam is very funny though.

Who would you recommend following then? I'm relatively new to this whole twitter lark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope one of my favourite characters, Stannis, is in season three.

The iron throne is mine by right ...

Yep, he's there, near the end of the long trailer; blink and you miss it but he is there.

Stannis is far and beyond my favourite character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tands wrote: »
    Yep, he's there, near the end of the long trailer; blink and you miss it but he is there.

Stannis is far and beyond my favourite character.

Stannis is certainly an interesting character - he's played very well and the portrayal is very close to how he comes across in the books. He's cold, he's hard, and he's driven by his sense of doing what is right and just, rather than what is decent.

I have to say though, he's not a patch on Arya though - in the books or indeed in the tv series. Maisie Williams has done an amazing job there!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A look at some of the props for Season 3. You can get an idea on how big the Dragons are now by the cages built for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Stannis is certainly an interesting character - he's played very well and the portrayal is very close to how he comes across in the books. He's cold, he's hard, and he's driven by his sense of doing what is right and just, rather than what is decent.

I have to say though, he's not a patch on Arya though - in the books or indeed in the tv series. Maisie Williams has done an amazing job there!

I have to agree. I love the Arya storyline and always look forward to her scenes. She's a fantastic actress and apart from John Snow's arc, I enjoy her story the most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I disagree, Renly was probably the least undesirable option of the three other kings (Joffrey and Stannis being the others) to Robb, but he still wouldn't accept him as King of all Westeros - remember, Catelyn said as much when she went as an envoy to both Renly and Stannis.

Robb wants to be the King in the North as pointed out. He also wants his sisters back, which means he has to deal with the South to an extent, but there's no way he would bend the knee to anybody.

The problem for Robb is that all three of claimants of the Iron Throne would have suppressed his rebellion once they had united the south. The north couldn't have resisted the full might of the Iron Throne.

I agree Renly would have been the easiest one for Robb to accept as an liege. I suspect that you're also right that he wouldn't have paid homage to him. The Starks are wedded to their beliefs once they adopted it.
    Stannis and Joffrey are absolute horrible choices to rule Westeros. Renly had many characteristics to be a good king; whether he was strong is another matter. Whether Westeros would accept a gay king is another issue.

In many ways, the Starks suffer from the same blinders that Stannis has. Neither Ned or Robb considered the longer term effects of their decisions. Ultimately, both paid with their lives. I don't consider that spoiler since most people in this forum have read the books.