Options

Bastille - Bad Blood Album

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Just wondering what people think of this album? I know that it really has divided opinion, in that some people think it's incredible, whilst others think it's the same old spoon fed pop music.

Personally I think the lead singers tone of voice and great lyrics holds it all together, their acoustic videos on Youtube as well as acapella recordings are immense.

Also just a little plug for myself: I've done a cover of Pompeii and stuck it on Youtube, and it would be great if you music lovers could give me some feedback either on here or Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOu07FDFnys

Comments

• Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody love Bastille!

So glad they're getting really big now..

I'm proud to say I've been a fan since 2011..which is very rare for me as I normally find bands far too late.

Really like your cover too by the way- good job!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I am actually in love with this song if only my name was Laura Palmer I would have it as my ringtone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So0RGqoUOxU
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anybody calls them Indie, I'll jump down their throat - most definately synth pop.Synth pop & Indie are generally vastly different areas of music as far as I'm concerned in their more traditional use of the term.Their even signed to a Major label.

As far as Synth pop goes their O.K. - seemed to have added some new elements which must be commended.Anyone that moves a generic music form forward must take some credit.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've heard it all before, that their sound's a poor amalgamation of other bands from 04-08 with a slightly synthy choral production. Having said that, I haven't previewed the whole album, only the tracks that people I know have been talking about. And the style of music they do isnt really my 'thing', particularly. I can see them getting a cult following similar to Paramore.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I have been bumming these for a while about the last 7 months or so....their music feels atmospheric to me. The album is astounding, I am normally a bit fussy when it comes to bands of this nature, but they won me over with Rhythm is a Dance/Rhythm of the Night mash up and latterly pompeii.

They aren't ground breaking, but what they offer is something different to what is in the charts right now. Its nice to see instrumental music infesting the charts as opposed to the over produced dance/pop/rnb mess we have had previously.

Great band an album!