Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Mark FMark F Posts: 53,035
    Forum Member
    Going to be tough getting through a team that will be very defensive but the support might help.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borat will be pleased.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kel'Thuzad wrote: »

Where are all the Celtic fans who gave the likes of Hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone a hard time after suffering defeat?
    Waiting until the tie is over before jumping to conclusions maybe.;)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think they have to score in the first half hour ..... at the very least in the first half, otherwise the crowd will get on them BADLY!
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we played that badly.

We had the lion's share of possession and a few good chances.

Still very much in the tie at this moment in time.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol - surprised we don't have any Borat gifs on this thread.:D

You just know those Celtic fans who have largely been smurking for the best part of 18 months are now just coming out from behind the sofa ...

Would it be too obvious to say that when you get to the stage of missing Kelvin Wilson's prowess at the back you may just have underspent a tad??

Let's see if Celtic can overturn it in the 2nd leg but the way that team defended I wouldn't be entirely sure about a turnaround.

Samaras back to his majestic best for this season though.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Would it be too obvious to say that when you get to the stage of missing Kelvin Wilson's prowess at the back you may just have underspent a tad??

I'd rather underspend and stay alive than overspend and die like Rangers did.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    I'd rather underspend and stay alive than overspend and die like Rangers did.

Yes Sevco is alive and well and still causing "your lot" a whole heap of pain ... be a man and admit your team were absolutely dire and quite possibly an affront to Scottish football.;)

I really couldn't imagine that team in the champions league ... can you??
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Ian Black probably has a fiver on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Sevco is alive and well and still causing "your lot" a whole heap of pain

The only 'pain' we feel is our sides splitting as the new club lurch from one embarrassing incident to another. 99p to watch a video of a rented bus on your website. :D:D
    I really couldn't imagine that team in the champions league ... can you??

That team wouldn't play in the CL, new players would be brought in.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Ian Black probably has a fiver on it.
    One of the rare matches he could probably bet on.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Charles Green has stood down as a consultant at Rangers and is looking to sell his shares.

Sandy Easdale has first option on them apparently,

He should take Garrion Security with him!
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we played that badly.

We had the lion's share of possession and a few good chances.

Still very much in the tie at this moment in time.

Absolutely, that team were rank rotten. I actually think had Lennon played Ambrose (Yeah I know) instead of the donkey Moyokoulo we'd have been a bit more secure at the back. Van Dijk wasn't great either but at least he showed a modicum of footballing ability and anyone is going to have trouble playing next to that football imposter.
    We were our own worst enemy......yet again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Mark Wilson has returned to tannadice - could be a useful signing if he stays fit.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Waiting until the tie is over before jumping to conclusions maybe.;)
    jenzie wrote: »
    i think they have to score in the first half hour ..... at the very least in the first half, otherwise the crowd will get on them BADLY!
    I think Celtic will go out of the championship league, and beaten by the away goals

I can see karagandy getting a goal mid way through the first half, meaning Celtic need 4 goals to win, and if they play like they did on Tue, especialy if celtic are attacking, karagandy might just sneak in a goal
    Forum Member
    What on earth was McCoist talking about today on the subject of betting?

He is essentially saying everyone needs to sit round a table and discuss betting in football because they havent bothered to read the rules on it.

Alternatively they could maybe just read the rules?

Of course everyone does it as he says but thats hardly a defence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is essentially saying everyone needs to sit round a table and discuss betting in football because they havent bothered to read the rules on it.

mcoist was just echoing what the pfa said about the subject
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/10257590/PFA-Scotland-wants-SFA-to-review-betting-rules-following-Ian-Black-charges.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Standard McCoist defence - plead ignorance and blame everyone else.

Two players on Sportsound confirmed that PFA Scotland have told them before they cant bet on football matches.

Even by SFA standards, the rules on betting are surprisingly pretty clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »

Yeah, no bets on any fotball anywhere in the world. It isn't difficult to understand.

I'd be interested to see if the SFA or EFA interview Kevin Kyle over his claim that a current player from an English side phoned him and told him to lump on a specific result of a game and that the tip came in. That sounds a helluva lot like matchfixing to me.
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Standard McCoist defence - plead ignorance and blame everyone else.

Two players on Sportsound confirmed that PFA Scotland have told them before they cant bet on football matches.

I found it incredible that he sat there with a list of players who like to "have a wee fiver on a coupon" as some sort of defence, coupled with "now we've had a player caught breaking the clearly laid out rules, its time we sat down and looked at the clearly laid out rules because i havent bothered reading them, and we better invite William Hill along too because they sponsor a cup".
    Forum Member
    Yeah, no bets on any fotball anywhere in the world. It isn't difficult to understand.

I'd be insterested to see if the SFA or EFA interview Kevin Kyle over his claim that a current player from an English side phoned him and told him to lump on a specific result of a game and that the tip came in. That sounds a helluva lot like matchfixing to me.

He also said that he was involved in a game where his team needed a draw to get in the play offs and their opponents needed a draw for automatic promotion or something like that?

Why the hell is he coming out with this stuff?

As i said we all know stuff goes on and of course players like a bet too, but a bit of subtlety wouldnt go amiss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it incredible that he sat there with a list of players who like to "have a wee fiver on a coupon" as some sort of defence, coupled with "now we've had a player caught breaking the clearly laid out rules, its time we sat down and looked at the clearly laid out rules because i havent bothered reading them, and we better invite William Hill along too because they sponsor a cup".

The journalists there should have demanded to know the names, Ally McCoist style.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also said that he was involved in a game where his team needed a draw to get in the play offs and their opponents needed a draw for automatic promotion or something like that?

Why the hell is he coming out with this stuff?

As i said we all know stuff goes on and of course players like a bet too, but a bit of subtlety wouldnt go amiss.
    Typical McCoist, blame everybody else, but not his own player. He is a total chump.
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Typical McCoist, blame everybody else, but not his own player. He is a total chump.

Sorry, it was Kyle i was meaning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems an 'agreement' has been reached and the Green Brigade are back in section 111.
This discussion has been closed.