Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I think he should re-invent himself as a sort of male GaGa with electro pop anthems and some wacky styling.
    It would him break away from the boyband mould.

Haha that would be funny to see :D
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha that would be funny to see :D

You know, I actually think that Mark could pull that off, but Shane... that would be hilarious:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    You know, I actually think that Mark could pull that off, but Shane... that would be hilarious:D

Haha it would be :D What makes you think Mark could pull it off?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha it would be :D What makes you think Mark could pull it off?

Mark likes all types of music and he is a big fan of Gaga. He is very creative as a singer so that is why I think he could pull it off:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For this Friday, Shane opened an Instagram page where he posted lyrics from the song he showed us in the video:

"I don't need the sunlight shining on my face and I don't need perfection to have the perfect day"

Here is the link:

http://instagram.com/shanefilanofficial

I think it is very very smart that he is connected to various social media sites: Twitter Facebook and now Instagram.
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For this Friday, Shane opened an Instagram page where he posted lyrics from the song he showed us in the video:

"I don't need the sunlight shining on my face and I don't need perfection to have the perfect day"

Here is the link:

http://instagram.com/shanefilanofficial

I think it is very very smart that he is connected to various social media sites: Twitter Facebook and now Instagram.

really make me more exciting to hear the single,

totallt agree again that it is a smart move to be so active in social networking sites, very very smart!!! it is where trend happens... it's the best place to promote something!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    being in social network make him youthful and trendy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane has updated his website and also posted a new blog:

Hi guys.

Since my last update I’ve been finishing off my album and its nearly done now I was back where it all started recently in Rokstone Studios writing with Steve Mac and Wayne Hector which was great fun. I just got back from Stockholm where I did some writing sessions, which brought back alot of great memories. Stockholm is such a beautiful city, I can’t wait to go back there and the rest of scandanavia to promote my album.

Very exciting news that I’m doing my very first video in LA in a couple of weeks time. It’s still hard to believe I’m doing my own video. No better place to start than in Hollywood. I’ve come up with really good ideas for the video and we’ve picked an amazing director to shoot it. It’s gonna be great.

It’s only a matter of weeks until you get to hear my first single on the radio. To say I cannot wait is an understatement. I’m looking forward to visiting lots of radio stations around the country. The dates and cities will be posted here very soon.

I can’t thank you all enough for the love and support you have all shown me. You never cease to amaze me.

My new website is launched today and I’ll be keeping you all up to date here with all my news. Hope you like it. I’ll see you all very soon.

Shane.

Also, he was an hour late this time so it was funny to read fan's frustration about it - thanks to that, FilanFriday was trending at no. 6 in the UK :D
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really, really pleased that he is writing with Steve Mac and Wayne Hector, raises even more hope of coming up with some awesome pop songs. They wrote some of my favourite Westlife songs - What Makes A Man, Queen Of My Heart (with others), World Of Our Own, Flying Without Wings, etc.

Looking forward to hearing the first single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never expected he would write/co-write his album, I am SO pleasantly surprised and happy about that. I always had a feeling Shane was mostly on board about singing covers, but maybe I'm wrong - he seems very passionate for his debut and is very into it.

I really hope he has success but you never know with these things. So far, the feedback from the fans is great and I think he is onto a good start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow!!

co writing with westlife favorite composers.. lol

some of westlife greatest hits were written by those people!! expecting even more from shane songs!

exciting!
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also really happy about Wayne Hector & Steve Mac being on board, would love to see Savan Kotecha too as his name is on pretty much all my favourite Westlife songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Shane's wife is teasing on Twitter:D

Shivers down my spine listening to the song Shane wrote with Steve mac and Wayne hector

and Shane replied:

You are not the only one. Tune!
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a lil scared it's all going to be ballads though, we've not really had any indication of an uptempo yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I'm a lil scared it's all going to be ballads though, we've not really had any indication of an uptempo yet.

I feel the same way - although, I'm pretty sure he knows he will need to mix it up a little, I think he will have a few midtempo/uptempo's as well.

Also, I read this on Twitter:

We're gonna have some VERY exciting Shane Filan news soon. Make sure you're following us at

http://urturn.com/latestpop !

We just have to wait and see what's that all about
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    westlife should have split years ago, sad to say, think hes past it now and will be aimed at the housewives market which is where westlife ended up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    westlife should have split years ago, sad to say, think hes past it now and will be aimed at the housewives market which is where westlife ended up.

i don't understand why some people think Westlife should have disbanded sooner. Granted that their last 3 albums weren't very successful, but that has a lot to do with releasing only 1 single per album and poor treatment from Syco - however, their tours always sold out and they finished on a high having their farewell concerts at Croke Park after 14 years which is commendable . Housewives always listened to Westlife, they didn't end up there - you could always see people of all ages at their concert, from 7 year olds to 60 year olds.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't understand why some people think Westlife should have disbanded sooner. Granted that their last 3 albums weren't very successful, but that has a lot to do with releasing only 1 single per album and poor treatment from Syco - however, their tours always sold out and they finished on a high having their farewell concerts at Croke Park after 14 years which is commendable . Housewives always listened to Westlife, they didn't end up there - you could always see people of all ages at their concert, from 7 year olds to 60 year olds.

There's always people who will say that about them. I can understand people who don't like their music or find it boring, but they're incredibly good at what they do and I don't think anyone could complain about their tours. My cousin came to their last tour with me without liking them and came out loving it!

They had clearly lost interest with a lot of it by the end, but I don't think the actual performing part as such. They ended it at the right point for them playing in front of 85,000 fans, it's not a bad way to finish!

Whether Shane will make it is another story, but I hope so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one great single... one great debut single... then he will be big!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are there any latest news from shane?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane always gives news at noon UK time. I will let you know what he plans for this Friday:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane posted on his Facebook a series of photos that show him recording in Stockholm:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.467741809970340.1073741824.385428231535032&type=1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane posted new lyrics:

If life was like a jigsaw, where would you start
    You think you got the picture
    like it's written on your heart

These are really good, I'm looking forward on hearing the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He announced this on Facebook:

This #FilanFriday's Q&A session will take place on my Twitter page at 12pm - http://twitter.com/shanefilan. Get ready to submit your questions using the hashtag #FilanFriday. Until then, help spread the word by sharing this update to your wall!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relevant things Shane shared on Twitter are:

We can expect a bit different style - it's pop mixed with folk

What inspired Shane's 1st single: wife, kids and fans - we will understand it when we hear it.

The first single is not a ballad. We will hear it in early July, he says his birthday might be a good day.

He will do a radio tour around July.

He can't tell us the name of the single yet, but it contains 3 words.

The single will be released in August, he will reveal the date very soon

He will shoot the video in LA, week after next.

He will do another Q&A next month.

Also, AskShane was trending at no.1 worldwide for the last hour that he has been answering questions.