Gardener's World

1235»

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given his penchant for using the stuff, I always suspected Diarmuid Gavin had shares in a concrete supply business.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Erm, I think that you are ...:)
    Perhaps you should actually watch then rather than assume, as you are wrong!

If you say so dear.
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    My Béte noir is dyed hair and, if I remember correctly MD had a fine showing of such hirsuit appendage - and it's ridiculous.
    When I walk my local hight street I am always on the lookout for women and men wearing wigs and those who sport heavily dyed hair against ageing skin.
    I'm quite safe, otherwise.:D

Oh yes, dyed hair and wigs - which is worse?
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Cant stand that Carole woman, her voice sounds like scratches down a blackboard to me and sets my teeth on edge. Anything she says is just a sing song screech.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    oldhag wrote: »
    If you say so dear.

Oh yes, dyed hair and wigs - which is worse?

Dyed hair and sallow, crinkly skin.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Cant stand that Carole woman, her voice sounds like scratches down a blackboard to me and sets my teeth on edge. Anything she says is just a sing song screech.

Its the giggle after every sentence that gets to me with Carole .Everything is so funny for some reason when she speaks .
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oldhag wrote: »
    If you say so dear.
    Yes I do my little chickadee. :)

Then again, if you don't watch, you won't be aware of what they now show and do, so ignorance would rule. But to some, ignorance is bliss.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the giggle after every sentence that gets to me with Carole .Everything is so funny for some reason when she speaks .

There's a clip of her from 15 years ago on YouTube and she was quite serious for the whole 5 minutes, rarely smiling.

I like Carol though. :)
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gardeners world is back for 2014 starting on Friday 7th March at 20:30 on BBC and BBC 2HD

The green-fingered team returns for the beginning of the gardening year. Monty Don is at Longmeadow to show what can be done now to guarantee an impressive display of roses in the summer, as well as adding to his woodland spring planting and sprouting the tubers for his potatoes.

Carol Klein meets one of the country's leading experts on cyclamen and reveals how easy they are to grow, Joe Swift visits a bog garden in west Wales to look at plants that love the rainfall and soggy soil, while Rachel de Thame heads to a rose garden that is home to over 2,500 different varieties of the flower.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ctc5nc/gardeners-world--episode-1
  • stopgostopgo Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    Just switched on to Gardeners World on BBC2 now and it's the signing edition well the guy signing is a right scruffy get looks like he's been sleeping rough. Would think the signer on this or any show should be of smart appearance given they are being watched as much as the programme.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but there is nothing wrong with his appearance. As for the people watching, thet are moreb likely going to be following the signing rather than bothering that he has not got regulation "short back and sides" and is not wearing a suit.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 yrs then 2 posts, wat do yer meen "signing", some pople cant spell, its gardening wat you doo in scruffy cloths,.
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you have a few months to get over the trauma.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup......?.........
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    missing it already...roll on MARCH with monty nige and nell!