Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are next weeks guests?

its a james bond special ... judi dench, daniel craig ... :yawn:
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Not so good tonight to start off the series. Two comedians and failure to generate any humor. Look for rapid improvement. Arnold looked strange in some way trying to defy the years.

I thought Graham`s reaction to how Arnie`s old school mate looked was highly strange. Especially when you consider the schoolmate looked fitter and more natural than Arnie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I know Usher was singing live and he was doing his dance moves at the same time, but there were many times when he was just out of tune. Arnie was good. a bit arrogant but entertaining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a james bond special ... judi dench, daniel craig ... :yawn:

Please, no more Bond...
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Arnie was pretty entertaining.

Say the line, 'F#ck you A$$hole'.

And how he came up with 'stick around' line in Predator, one of my favourite movies.

He didn't have a salary when he was the Governor of California because it would be chump change to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda Hart and her `sh.it` anecdote was the low point of the entire evening.

Anecdotes aint what they used to be.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Miranda was rather crass and vulgar last night. Christ knows what Arnie and Ronnie thought?
  • xDannyxDanny Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it and my eyes kept getting fixed on Arnies boots and rings, I'm not that much of a fan but I never had him down as the gothic/grunge type? What's with that?
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked Arnie but Miranda was awful. I found her humour childish and rude but each to their own I suppose. Ronnie Corbett needs to update his wardrobe - that outfit was straight out of the 70s/ early 80s. I'd have been happy to not have the other two on and just watch Arnie for a bit. His movies are my guilty pleasure.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Miranda was rather crass and vulgar last night. Christ knows what Arnie and Ronnie thought?

Isn't she always?
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Miranda Hart and her `sh.it` anecdote was the low point of the entire evening.

Anecdotes aint what they used to be.

Agree. Hopefully her 15mins of fame are up, she really is a one trick pony and becoming a total irritant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Had to turn it off. Can't stand Miranda (yes I know I'm the only person in the country to have this opinion)

No you're not - I do the washing up when she's on, boring...:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    That was the worse Graham Norton show ever. Shame because I love his shows usually, but the guests just didn't work, ah well roll on next week ...
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Sometimes it works to get very different guests on to see how they communicate and bounce off each other. But it didn't work tonight. It was one of those awkward ones.
    I'm sure Schwarzenegger and Miranda would have both been better if they'd been on with different people.
    Very awkward.....It was a poor start to the new series.:(

Looking forward to the BOND Special next week.:cool:
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were no real audience involvement segments this week which are normally good so that was a shame.

Thought it was ok but found myself doing other things at the same time as watching
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I loved Arnie! Loved when he was reciting some of his famous quotes was so funny and he seemed like a nice guy. The other two were abit blah i mean miranda and her crap story was just......i think they really need to choose a good mix when it comes to UK and US as others have said it just doesn't work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Though i did like the kentucky mans story on the red chair.
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprisingly entertained by Arnie.

Miranda was trying too hard, her stories were (literally) crap.

Ronnie C same as always.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the worst Graham Norton show I'd seen in a long time. The guests just didn't gel, Miranda Hart was crude and not funny, Ronnie C. was left out a lot and I can't remember anything he said. There was no banter and interaction, just telling old anecdotes.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Had to turn it off. Can't stand Miranda (yes I know I'm the only person in the country to have this opinion)
    Nope.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safe BBC move having Miranda on the same time as Arnie, he's not inclined to try and feel her up is he!
    Forum Member
    I did notice that Norton said something like "Welcome to the new season". It's a series!!!

:p
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an odd mixture, I don't think Ronnie Corbett had anything to plug so don't know why he was on. Did Miranda Hart have anything to plug, not sure why she was on either but tended to mentally switch off when she spoke. They should have had the courage to just give most of the show to Arnold Schwarzenegger, a decent interviewer could have filled an hour but perhaps not Norton .

The singer was rubbish too!
    Forum Member
    The OP explains it. Or atleast it's probably the main reason for having RC on. Saying that MH had nothing to plug either but she seems to be one of Norton's chums and is on every series :rolleyes:

I agree, with a major star such as Arnie, Norton could have had a full show or maybe some more time with Usher. I'm not a fan of him but according to Norton he is the biggest selling male R&B artist so obviously has some fans and did come across well with the time he had.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Graham Nortons chat show, some of the best entertainment on the telly, the showa with Will i am and Miriam Margoyles...the one with Bradley Cooper. totally fabulous, classic and so funny. Last nights was dreadful, hope it improves. It looked like it was a last minute throw together and it jsut didn't gel.