The Sun big give away advert!

rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭
With the little girl singing about January!... Does she have a speech impediment because she sounds terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwrWpiEGg3c

Comments

• HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strong contender for most irritating ad of 2013!
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she in that other advert. I forget which one but at the end she sang 'My lovely, lovely Mother' ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand a dicky bird this annoying brat is saying!
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand a dicky bird this annoying brat is saying!

I can hardly understand any of it. Needs subtitles.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awful..
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it! The bit where she says ' you can't afford a takeaway' sounds like a threat!! Made me smile anyway you miserable so and so's!!
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it! The bit where she says ' you can't afford a takeaway' sounds like a threat!! Made me smile anyway you miserable so and so's!!

Can you transcribe the song for us?
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    January sucks, it's dark, miserable and you've spent all your money on plastic stuff you'll never play with. But smile through the pain, the snotty noses and the rain. Give it some bass and some rock guitars and ditch you're life's half empty glass - let's kick this up it's great big hairy bum.

You can't afford a takeaway!?!? It's hydrogen till payday, let's focus on the things that make life fun! Pretty boybands, silly puns, funny cats and 2 for 1's and let's kick January where there ain't no sun,

Sing January's dodgy, you're feeling skint and podgy so smile and watch the months whizz past. Forget the bills and hips that kills and let's just have a laugh 'cos together we're gonna kick Januareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's bottom!
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to turn this off, got no idea what this was supposed to be advertising.
  • ChynaSChynaS Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful advert, cant understand a word the kid says. Pointless.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,484
    Forum Member
    What the heck did she say :confused: Didn't understand any of that and what a spoilt brat :mad:

But then this is the Sun comic :yawn:
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    January sucks, it's dark, miserable and you've spent all your money on plastic stuff you'll never play with. But smile through the pain, the snotty noses and the rain. Give it some bass and some rock guitars and ditch you're life's half empty glass - let's kick this up it's great big hairy bum.

You can't afford a takeaway!?!? It's hydrogen till payday, let's focus on the things that make life fun! Pretty boybands, silly puns, funny cats and 2 for 1's and let's kick January where there ain't no sun,

Sing January's dodgy, you're feeling skint and podgy so smile and watch the months whizz past. Forget the bills and hips that kills and let's just have a laugh 'cos together we're gonna kick Januareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's bottom!

You should be a speech therapist! I couldn't understand a word of it apart from the whiny "you can't afford a takeaway"
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Wow insulting children now, this forum stoops further and further

I want to slap her face
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,286
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    With the little girl singing about January!... Does she have a speech impediment because she sounds terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwrWpiEGg3c

She's missing her front teeth, it's not a speech impediment :D:D

I'm not particularly maternal but I don't find her annoying, which isn't like me as I find most kids irritating :D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the advert is among the worse ever
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's missing her front teeth, it's not a speech impediment :D:D

I'm not particularly maternal but I don't find her annoying, which isn't like me as I find most kids irritating :D

Same here! I find most kids featured in ads irritating and usually reach for the mute button or switch over, but there is something about this kid that is quite endearing even with all the gibberish she's coming out with. :D
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,286
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »
    Same here! I find most kids featured in ads irritating and usually reach for the mute button or switch over, but there is something about this kid that is quite endearing even with all the gibberish she's coming out with. :D

It's kids in general I find irritating, not just ones in adverts :D But this poor little kid's getting a lot of stick, bless her. There are worse adverts on tv, but obviously others don't think so :D
  • LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unless they are giving away non sensational facts then I dont wanna know!
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoying advert, but hardly the kid's fault. Blame the advertising "creative" or the parents :)
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The 'can't afford a takeaway' bit is the most disturbing, when she screws her face up close up to the camera. :eek:

The Sun obviously know their market if they think people really can't afford a takeaway all January!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me, it has to be bad if my husband has noticed it and commented on it
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    They seem to have purposely made the child look as awful as they could, told her to dance like Frankensteins monster( or perhaps she does that naturally!) what on earth possessed them to emply her?? poor kid I feel sorry for her, its not her fault they have made her look and act like that.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Those Sun adverts with children's voices are annoying.

There's an ad for vitamins (I think) for children that has a similar child-like voice. Seeing as a child isn't going to want vitamins or be able to purchase them, I think it is silly to use child-like voice for the ad.
    Agent F wrote: »
    Is this meant to be funny?

I agree, that post is at best unfunny and at worst disturbing.
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, now I have read what the girl is trying to say... What were they thinking, it has absolutely nothing to do with the sun, more like a rubbish advert for the month of January.

I'm pissed off, my birthday's on January so therefore it is the best month of the year, and I will certainly be having a kebab on my birthday!!!

I hate pointless adverts that have nothing to do with what they are trying to sell!
    Forum Member
    brewer480 wrote: »
    Ok, now I have read what the girl is trying to say... What were they thinking, it has absolutely nothing to do with the sun, more like a rubbish advert for the month of January.

I'm pissed off, my birthday's on January so therefore it is the best month of the year, and I will certainly be having a kebab on my birthday!!!

I hate pointless adverts that have nothing to do with what they are trying to sell!

For me it's irritating because she's so ungrateful. Saying something like "You've wasted your money on plastic things I'm never gonna play with" and then she's kicking and stomping on her toys, ungrateful little madam!