5ive, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, and Atomic kitten reuniting...911 aged well

Comments

• ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Where have you got this from? And which two are you talking about?

I saw this aswell. I think one of the twins has a problem with Sinead? Or vice verso.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brunolover wrote: »
    Seeing the list of artists involved does really highlight how bad mainstream pop music was back in the late 90s for kids. Add Boyzone, Westlife in the mix and it's all pretty hideous. Not that I'm necessarily a massive fan of today's music but today's kids surely have it better with the likes of Rihanna, Gaga, Calvin Harris, Adele and 1 Direction.

Every decade has had credible artists and novelty pop acts. You can't define the 90s by these pop groups. Although I loved 90s pop and in my opinion, Five and B*Witched are better than One Direction could ever be. In 10 years time, I'm sure 1D will be on a reunion show like this. Along with JLS, The Saturdays and The Wanted.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    It's MENTAL to think of how successful they all were. Like 5ive sold 20 million and I dont even remember 911 that well but they seem really famous internationally. Crazy how everyone just forgot about them and didn't give a crap about them like a year later after they broke up.

It's crazy isn't it? Makes you wonder if One Direction will head the same way in a few years....
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    It's crazy isn't it? Makes you wonder if One Direction will head the same way in a few years....

Will probably be far less time than that. When Cowell finds someone else, 1D will be on the scrap heap, and in 5 years time, the only thing people will remember was that the group contained a very effete teenager with a stupid hairstyle who liked to shag women almost old enough to be his mother.
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of curiosity how many albums have they all sold? Does anyone know?

i know 5ive sold 20 million and out of the six were by far the most succesful. Their main selling markets were Europe/Asia/South America/Australia and New Zealand and for one album the USA.

Natasha said Atomic Kitten sold 10 million with main markets being Europe/Australia and New Zealand.

The show said 911 sold 10 million also although that can't be albums as they don't appear to have sold any albums to chart outside the UK/Ireland so their main markets were UK/Ireland and Asia.

*BWitched debut album sold really well in the UK/Ireland, Australia and New Zealand and also the USA and Canada but not across Europe.

Honeyz one album only sold in the UK and Ireland but no where else although singles wise 'Finally Found' did really well in Australia and New Zealand.

Liberty X like Honeyz album wise only sold in the UK and Ireland and again found success with a single 'Just a Little' doing well across Europe and Australia and New Zealand.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sureley they can't just be doing the ONE show? I bet they will see the type of money on offer if they do an arena tour and scream, right?

you were right tour is on sale now for it, on general sale tomorrow and presale started today, will be interesting to see how well it sells
  • VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Nice to see B*Witched again, even if there were times i got a bit teary eyed. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching tonight, I would really like to see The Honeyz make a good go of it again. Didn't know that they were on the verge of hitting it big in America and didn't know that Naima's mic was always switched off. I genuinely felt for Celena Cherry, her dream was cut so short every time. Nice reunion tho with her, Heavenli and Mariama.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    After watching tonight, I would really like to see The Honeyz make a good go of it again. Didn't know that they were on the verge of hitting it big in America and didn't know that Naima's mic was always switched off. I genuinely felt for Celena Cherry, her dream was cut so short every time. Nice reunion tho with her, Heavenli and Mariama.

you do realize that they've been close friends for many years and last nights show was "staged".

I could tell you alot about celena and the honeyz but i fear for a ban for telling the truth but they were dropped by defjam due to there single getting very little playtime in the states and a lack of public intrest in the song/group.

Celena was made to look the innocent but its far from the truth.
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Naima was not allowed back. She really did bring sexy back. Who is going to do that for the Honeyz now?
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    you do realize that they've been close friends for many years and last nights show was "staged".

I could tell you alot about celena and the honeyz but i fear for a ban for telling the truth but they were dropped by defjam due to there single getting very little playtime in the states and a lack of public intrest in the song/group.

Celena was made to look the innocent but its far from the truth.

Interesting, so the BR made it look like the reason for their failure was all down to Heavenli's departure when they were probably going to get dropped anyway...could it be she left when she got fed up, and on top of that realised they were never going to make it big?

My impression of Celena after watching this program and reading the threads is that she appears quite desperate to remain in the spotlight, having appeared in more than a few line ups since their original stint.

I also noticed that they tried to make Naima look the the untalented 'bitchy' one ...I wonder whether that was true, as she wasn't there to defend herself!
    Forum Member
    JigglyBall wrote: »
    Interesting, so the BR made it look like the reason for their failure was all down to Heavenli's departure when they were probably going to get dropped anyway...could it be she left when she got fed up, and on top of that realised they were never going to make it big?

My impression of Celena after watching this program and reading the threads is that she appears quite desperate to remain in the spotlight, having appeared in more than a few line ups since their original stint.

I also noticed that they tried to make Naima look the the untalented 'bitchy' one ...I wonder whether that was true, as she wasn't there to defend herself!
    Naima and celena were on very good terms the last i heard about 1 year ago but Naima didn't want to be part of it all again as shes finally moved on, its a shame the others didn't.

also this thing were the managment got heavenly into a meeting and make them reform was total rubbish. Again i can't say the #1 reason she left in the first place and it might be classed as a libel statement (it not) but celena convinced heavenly to come back to the group and this forced meeting didn't happen.

I'm suprised heavenly agreed to be made to look like the bad apple( money must be tight), maybe she knows that they have no future and its all been done for celena to have another crack at a solo career.
    Forum Member
    infact dont know if its been posted or not but check out this interview from 2009.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a153771/whatever-happened-to-honeyz.htmlWhy did your second album never see the light of day?
    "We still don't really know what happened. We went to the States and recorded with some really good people... then the record company decided to drop us just before it was meant to be released. They didn't even give us a chance. We probably signed one of the worst deals in the history of the record industry. We were messed with from all angles and didn't earn enough money to fight it."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a153771/whatever-happened-to-honeyz.html#ixzz2Ky7ihsLU
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,961
    Forum Member
    Anyone noticed anything? In every single one of these groups and bands, there is always at least one who cannot cope with the fame/attention. I think that it's sad that they are run into the ground. I understand that these acts have a limited shelf-life, but is it worth risking someone's mental health?

:(

I am by no means a fan but we'll see very soon which member of One Direction isn't coping...
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JigglyBall wrote: »

It was only Heavenli and Mariamma that made Naima out to be the bad guy. Celena didn't say a thing.

The one good thing about Atomic Kitten is they did not sit there and whinge about Jenny Frost unlike the Honeyz who just sat there and made Naima out to be a complete numpty.

Also, when they were in the hotel, I thought Celena was gonna beat Heavenli up. She just looked at her with nostrils flared and I thought OMG, she is gonna batter her. Hahaha.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,961
    Forum Member
    Vault wrote: »
    Nice to see B*Witched again, even if there were times i got a bit teary eyed. :(

I have to say that it's the episode I was most looking forward to seeing as I played their music to death as a child. :o

EDIT: I am currently reliving my childhood by listening to some of the album tracks on Grooveshark. I remember all of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also this thing were the managment got heavenly into a meeting and make them reform was total rubbish. Again i can't say the #1 reason she left in the first place and it might be classed as a libel statement (it not) but celena convinced heavenly to come back to the group and this forced meeting didn't happen.

Wasn't the reason she left was to spend more time with her then actor boyfriend, Matthew Marsden?
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    infact dont know if its been posted or not but check out this interview from 2009.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a153771/whatever-happened-to-honeyz.htmlWhy did your second album never see the light of day?
    "We still don't really know what happened. We went to the States and recorded with some really good people... then the record company decided to drop us just before it was meant to be released. They didn't even give us a chance. We probably signed one of the worst deals in the history of the record industry. We were messed with from all angles and didn't earn enough money to fight it."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a153771/whatever-happened-to-honeyz.html#ixzz2Ky7ihsLU
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Thanks for all the inside gossip. God only knows why they felt the need to concoct such a sob story :confused:

Here's another interesting comment from the article you posted:
    They were really created by First Avenue just to cash in on their success with Eternal *only not anywhere near as good*. I've got both albums, the first 5 fantastic singles, the rest extremely bland. The 2nd album sounded like it was still in the demo stages. Love To Love You Baby was the only single from the 2nd album that could've gone top 10, tied in with a Coke advertisement, the video & remixes were all done but Mariama left just before the release, that was it, oddly it doesn't appear on the album promo. Not Gonna Trip sounds like an average album track & that's why it stalled at #24. I Don't Know sounded like a really nice demo, it could've done with beefing up, the video was lovely but that wasn't enough to stop it charting at #28. Talk To The Hand was fab but after all the flops, no-one would playlist it resulting in Mercury dropping them. Mercury were a crap label at the time but the Honeyz were treated much better than the likes of Dina Carroll, Vanessa Amorosi etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe how Keavy's all grown up. So cute 13 years ago, but so. . .*growl* such a beautiful woman now. Want to hug Keavy. . .love Keavy *sobs*

Didn't know that Lindsay had split from her husband. Sad. :(
    Forum Member
    FernandoM wrote: »
    Wasn't the reason she left was to spend more time with her then actor boyfriend, Matthew Marsden?

Thats what was said but those in the know remember it differently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere I can watch this online, from Australia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can watch this online, from Australia.

Download Expat Shield or find a UK VPN.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Keavy on her twitter feed, B*Witched are back the singles and album charts after Thursday night's show. YAY!!!! :D
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Shame Naima was not allowed back. She really did bring sexy back. Who is going to do that for the Honeyz now?

I thought they were all pretty good looking, and Mariama was my favourite anyway so I can cope without Naima! I did think it wasn't very nice how she was made out to be the bad guy though, I doubt everything was her fault!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats what was said but those in the know remember it differently.

It's interesting to hear what you are saying.

On the Big Reunion, Heavenli said that she was so worried about seeing Celena and made it sounds like they hadn't seen each other in 10 years. However, this is not true.

The original line-up of the group reformed to participate on "Hit Me One More Time" in 2005. During an interview, they spoke about how they like to go to out for meals and play darts at their local.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_JKvODbeE

Surely, Heavenli and Celena would have talked about why Heavenli left prior to them reforming for HMOMT in 2005. However, on the Big Reunion, it made out that they hadn't spoken in 10 years, let alone performed together.