Joan Collins set to star in "Benidorm"...

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
...playing, funnily enough, a character called 'Crystal'..."but not the dynasty one"!

https://twitter.com/joancollinsobe

Can't wait to see her and 'Madge' squaring up to each other!!!:D

Comments

• tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    She must need the cash, bless her. Also, happy belated 80th birthday to Joan.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How fab :D I love Benidorm and can't wait for the next series. Do hope Johnny Vegas is still in it, I want to see him and Joanie in a few scenes together. Excellent news.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghastly old ham; about her level, this, to be fair. Still, at least it might stop her from telling British women how fat she thinks we are whilst advertising snickers.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    How fab :D I love Benidorm and can't wait for the next series. Do hope Johnny Vegas is still in it, I want to see him and Joanie in a few scenes together. Excellent news.
    Still in it? Don't you mean back in it? He's not been in the last couple of series!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind Joan. Tinhead from Brookside is also joining the show.:D
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherrie Hewson and Joan Collins - God forbid.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan said years ago she'd love to do Eastenders. There's still time for them to take her up on it! :)
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good reason to avoid Benidorm
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan said years ago she'd love to do Eastenders. There's still time for them to take her up on it! :)

Short of money again - :eek:
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    Never mind Joan. Tinhead from Brookside is also joining the show.:D

That I great news, he really should be getting the breaks, terrific actor, and seems a lovely guy. :)
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherrie Hewson's already ruined this for me - can't watch it now.:(
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Sherrie Hewson's already ruined this for me - can't watch it now.:(

How could anyone possibly ruin Benidorm! :D
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »
    How could anyone possibly ruin Benidorm! :D

It actually started out quite well. Christ knows what happened!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to the inevitable Joan Snickers and Kerry Katona Cash Lady mashup remix coming to YouTube very soon!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen Benidorm and never will now that JC is joining the cast.:yawn:

Awful woman.
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her two faced attitude over the Snickers bars put me off for life .She loathes "fat oafs " but she'll take the money for advertising a fattening snack. Hypocrite .Must need another face lift .
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Her two faced attitude over the Snickers bars put me off for life .She loathes "fat oafs " but she'll take the money for advertising a fattening snack. Hypocrite .Must need another face lift .

Nothing wrong with a chocolate bar, its when you live on them they are bad for you.
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh for gods sake anything can be fattening if you gorge enough of it. :rolleyes:
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the repeat of the first episode that was on ITV last night.

It was too crude and abrasive for my liking, I'm glad that they toned this down for future series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I completely agree.

Ghastly old ham.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Fat oafs" probably hate themselves hence why they seek comfort in food and continue to get fatter... They are the only ones who can halt that spiral

Why shouldn't she take the moeny for advertising a snack? If people are unable to control their eating habits then that's hardly Joan Collins' fault. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't imagine there are many roles for 80 year old actresses so why not do a stint in Benidorm. Good luck to her I say...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Fat oafs" probably hate themselves hence why they seek comfort in food and continue to get fatter... They are the only ones who can halt that spiral

Why shouldn't she take the moeny for advertising a snack? If people are unable to control their eating habits then that's hardly Joan Collins' fault. :rolleyes:

She's forever waxing lyrical about obesity and people's eating habits so it's a bit rich that she takes the money and runs when she's offered to advertise a hideously unhealthy chocolate bar. It's a bit like someone who espouses veganism, advertising a product containing gelatin or a teetotaller, wine. No, it's not her fault if people stuff their faces with choc, but she's compounding the problem. Still, keeps the polyfilla'd old crone in work I suppose.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more bothered about the supposed new family headed by one of THE worst actors that ever was - Perry Benson. I don't want the show Essexing/Cockerneeing up thank you.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the repeat of the first episode that was on ITV last night.

It was too crude and abrasive for my liking, I'm glad that they toned this down for future series.

I agree. Not keen on the first series really. Just coarse without charm IMO. Characters like Janice become much more sympathetic in later series, without loosing the edge they originally had.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

I don't think any soap can afford her.