he did alright in the end.;)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    But he can't sing :D
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their loss.
    Whatever happened to the lady that won last year?;)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It really annoys me when The Voice try and put down X Factor, especially that Irish bloke from The Script.

Fair enough, they don't agree with how X Factor works etc, but X Factor have created multi million selling artists. Comparing The Voice to The X Factor is like comparing a molehill to a mountain. Its so much more established.

I mean where is that woman that won The Voice? James had the biggest single of 2012, so lets not make out like we don't know who he is.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    It really annoys me when The Voice try and put down X Factor, especially that Irish bloke from The Script.

Fair enough, they don't agree with how X Factor works etc, but X Factor have created multi million selling artists. Comparing The Voice to The X Factor is like comparing a molehill to a mountain. Its so much more established.

I mean where is that woman that won The Voice? James had the biggest single of 2012, so lets not make out like we don't know who he is.

agree.:)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Agreed! The Voice can't beat the X Factor in that respect at all. The XF can actually give a platform for artists to sell records, the Voice cannot. I love both shows, but seriously The Voice's judges and that male host (not Holly - she can't really say anything against XF due to ITV This Morning show and that she was also a host on the Xtra Factor) are really getting on my nerves with all these silly (and stupid) comments.

Also loads of people are comparing the Voice's first winner with the XF's first winner. Yet they don't realize that 10 YEARS separate the first seasons of these shows!!! It was more difficult that time back and different tastes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! The Voice can't beat the X Factor in that respect at all. The XF can actually give a platform for artists to sell records, the Voice cannot. I love both shows, but seriously The Voice's judges and that male host (not Holly - she can't really say anything against XF due to ITV This Morning show and that she was also a host on the Xtra Factor) are really getting on my nerves with all these silly (and stupid) comments.

Also loads of people are comparing the Voice's first winner with the XF's first winner. Yet they don't realize that 10 YEARS separate the first seasons of these shows!!! It was more difficult that time back and different tastes!
    Was it? How? There were plenty of successful reality show winners before are during the time that X factor started.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

But Steve actually sold records, in fact each winner has sold records. In fact the runners up have also sold more records than Leanne. Not a good look tbh.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't half of The Voice's live show finalists X Factor rejects?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reality pop show judges are meant to be experts in current music. They surely should know who had a number one recently. Methinks they doth protest too much. Of course they know. Had James Arthur failed they'd have been aware who he was.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    James's voice is okay but he is only popular now as he was 'different' for X Factor I doubt he will sell well after his first album.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    The Voice needs to establish itself before critizing X Factor many of it's ex contestants are selling well in the charts still after years like Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS, Misha B, Amelia Lily and others have also achieved international success like Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd, One Direction and now Little Mix have signed a US record deal too.

I think Leanne and Bo were fantastic singers and performers and I hope they do very well but the two other finalists Vince Kidd and Tyler James had no commercial success what so ever.

I am a Voice fan by the way.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

Totally agree.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has sold more than any of the people from the voice last year and wasnt vince kidd in that made up boyband? futurepoofs? :P and they lost to leon jackson of all people...
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Well so far Jake Quicken (reject from judges houses) out sold Vince Kidd who got to the final and I believe Joseph Whelan did the same.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Reality pop show judges are meant to be experts in current music. They surely should know who had a number one recently. Methinks they doth protest too much. Of course they know. Had James Arthur failed they'd have been aware who he was.

Exactly, I think it's a stupid thing to say they've never heard of him... unless they were just saying they don't remember seeing him on The Voice (I think it said James didn't make it to the judges auditions, so in that case they wouldn't remember him...)

The digs at XF are really boring though. Yes, it's not as big as it was... but it's still wiping the floor with The Voice when it comes to record sales. James sold well over a million copies. I know it's subjective, but I think James is a really good singer and a good winner for the show.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The American version of The Voice has been going for a few years and is yet to produce a star.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How is The Voice putting down XF in this case? It's not like they knew he was going to go on X Factor in the future and rejected him because of that :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I bet james really cares they don't know who he is after he's sold well over 1 million records with his debut single. In all honest I watched the voice last year and cannot for the life of me picture the winner
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Bo Bruce is going to have a longer career than James will. So while people can laugh at Leanne its not all bad for The Voice. Plus if Aleks Josh had been on X Factor he would have won. So its horses for courses.

X Factor winners appear to be cursed. Successful start to their career but its an early peak and they are never able to sustain the interest.

Bo is really making waves right now. One critic said her album was like something you would expect from Kate Bush. That's genuine praise.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    The American version of The Voice has been going for a few years and is yet to produce a star.

It does more for the coaches than it does for the acts. ̶U̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶.̶
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is with The Voice is that it isn't just a voice that generates record sales. It is also about image, marketing and what some subjectively regard as 'good'.

There are dozens of better singers around than James Arthur - but many haven't had his marketing or exposure.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice is only beginning you can't really compare a long running show like X Factor to it.
    The voice did find really good potential artists like Vince Kidd , Bo , and Tyler which is good for the first year . I think they maybe waiting to release their stuff when The Voice returns. James didn't meet the judges so technically it's the producers who didn't put him through fault. He done well with X Factor winning. There are people who haven't got through on X Factor who try The Voice too.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The Voice series one contestants have had more Top 40 records in the UK Charts than the XFactor series one contestants. James Arthur wouldve done well in the Voice too but he'd have more credibility if he had done the Voice rather than XFactor which it a bit of a laughing stock these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people compare season one X Factor to season one of The Voice.

The Voice is seen by many as the BBC's answer to the current X Factor not it first season.