Can't believe NOBODY turned for Bronwen!

Comments

• NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also had the goose pimples and hairs on end effect, this was the stand out performance of the series for me, her tone had me melting. I was totally gutted for Bronwen, and as someone has already pointed out - when singers like Bronwen don't get chosen it makes the show look ridiculous.
  • The_5th_JudgeThe_5th_Judge Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Such an amazing, emotional performance. Shame they still haven't ironed out the flaws with the show. If she had been on earlier she'd have gone through.
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Abi; at the end of the 'indiany' bit she either had a remarkable run into the lyrics again or there was some weird editing going on, sounded like two voices at once in the transition.

On iplayer it's at 36:13/14, though they edited the coaches blathering in over the top of it so I can't hear clearly.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have turned for her... She was boring and her voice did nothing for me.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon might sign her up, just to score points over The Voice.

Tom was genuinely annoyed and rightly so.

But with good management and the right label, she'll go further than most of those who reach the final.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Abi, glad Danny turned, but i think Jessie should of turned for Bronwyn and not the rocker boy.
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah just listened to Bronwen again, there's too much reverb and plinky-plonky muzak, you can barely hear her, I can see(hear) why people might be impressed though.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rockjack wrote: »
    I loved Abi, glad Danny turned, but i think Jessie should of turned for Bronwyn and not the rocker boy.

I'm really surprised she didn't.
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her. Think she should have got through. Two big disappointments for me, this one and Rob.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Wow, she was amazing.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Singing Fields of Gold. I had goosebumps the entire way through, I was awful shocked nobody turned around. She was brilliant. What a shame. Loved her.
    So did I
    cantos wrote: »
    It is unfair really to the ones that audition near the end.She was far better than most that have got through already.

Totally agree with this.

I suspect that Mr AM was told to just wait till the last act.

Bit of a fix really:rolleyes:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thst girl had the same affect as gamu and jade thst didnt get through to lives on the x factor. She was potentially a world superstar. Singing in welsh woukd probably have sold all around the world
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    It seems to me that Jessie and Danny aren't really up to this job. Danny seems to need reassurance all the time.and comes across as not knowing his own mind and Jessie as being intimidated by talent. I wasn't surprised at all that she didn't turn round for this well above par singer as I think she simply wouldn't know what to do with her.

I'm sure Bronwen will have people interested in her on the back of this and will surely get signed but for the credibility of the show they really need new coaches.
  • sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I thought she did have a really nice voice, but it was a bit dull for me. I much preferred Abi. Bronwen was a bit too Eva Cassidy #200 for me. :o

I literally can't listen to Eva Cassidy's version. I have to turn it off. Not because it moves me in any way but just because I think it is completely devoid of any real emotion & it annoys me like hell that it gets so much attention.
    But Bronwen's version is something else entirely. Love it.

As for those saying it is boring. Well try looking outside all the sad, safe & repetitive dramatic performances these programmes have made the norm. Abi gave a terrific understated delivery & the first thing Jessie tells her is to lose that!
    The show is a joke now.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    always loved that song and thought she did a great version of it

just cant believe she missed out as there are a number of weaker acts in all of the teams

maybe just really bad luck she was towards the end of the auditions
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    It is unfair really to the ones that audition near the end.She was far better than most that have got through already.

That's the problem with the format of the show. It just doesn't work. Bronwen was brilliant.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they have a wildcard and she returns, best singer on the show, well certainly top 5. she will be heard of again, its obvious.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't really add anything to what's already been said. Thought she was amazing, she should have been picked. I particularly disliked Will.i.ams reason for not turning, saying that he had someone like her already. Surely the acts should just be based on their own merits?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Why do they have a limited amount of space on their team. Its a shame that they can't pick who they like with no limit and then be able to look back when the auditions have finished as to who to cut.
    I couldn't believe Jessie didn't turn or Will.I.Am, the two spaces that filled their teams are nowhere near as good as this girl.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV finally found a world class vocalist and they let her slip through their fingers. No wonder the show is losing viewers and getting ripped apart in the press each week total farce!
  • .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    As annoyed about this as I was last year about Harriet Whitehead.

Its hard to comment but overall with this format, the tail end of Blind Auditions leaves a bitter-sweet taste because some of the very best lose out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Can't really add anything to what's already been said. Thought she was amazing, she should have been picked. I particularly disliked Will.i.ams reason for not turning, saying that he had someone like her already. Surely the acts should just be based on their own merits?

Exactly. If someone is a great singer you're gonna want them on your team no matter what. That's the whole point of the show. Since when has it become that every team needs variety.

I also didn't like his reason for not turning around to the person singing Pink Floyd that would be a hypocrite if he turned around for him and that he was Team Danny. So anybody singing with a guitar is Team Danny. I dunno I'm starting to find Will annoying he seems to pick the young, current trendy people for his team.

Plus even if he did have 2 similar singers I'm sure he could easily put them together for a battle round and decide then who was the better singer. In fact I thought that is what the battle round was for.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV finally found a world class vocalist and they let her slip through their fingers. No wonder the show is losing viewers and getting ripped apart in the press each week total farce!

It is? I thought the show was doing quite well?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is? I thought the show was doing quite well?

Its down on last year but respectable this year. It's the Live shows that kill it
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Exactly. If someone is a great singer you're gonna want them on your team no matter what. That's the whole point of the show. Since when has it become that every team needs variety.

I also didn't like his reason for not turning around to the person singing Pink Floyd that would be a hypocrite if he turned around for him and that he was Team Danny. So anybody singing with a guitar is Team Danny. I dunno I'm starting to find Will annoying he seems to pick the young, current trendy people for his team.

Plus even if he did have 2 similar singers I'm sure he could easily put them together for a battle round and decide then who was the better singer. In fact I thought that is what the battle round was for.

I agree sarah. It's certainly got nothing to do with the voice if indeed it ever did :rolleyes: You can see and hear Danny and Jessie obsessing over what the act looks like and though you don't see it so obviously with Will he's clearly as obsessed with it.

Why not scrap the whole concept and admit what it is. just another boring RT contest where the judges are really competing to win.