Westlife & Boyzone forming a supergroup?

CrazybbfanCrazybbfan Posts: 209
Forum Member
OMG Shane Lynch just admitted that Boyzone and Westlife are in talks to form a McBusted style supergroup. This could be epic or awful....I am hoping for the former :-)

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So either Boyzlife or Westzone . That'll wet the pants of many housewives:o
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope not! They were bad enough as separate groups, imagine how bad a supergroup would be :o
  • CrazybbfanCrazybbfan Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Just read this:

http://wp.me/pCi4w-OP5

Stool manufacturers everywhere rejoice! Stand up for the key change lol :-)

I think Boyzlife has to be the way to go. WestZone sounds like a cheap clothes shop.

Kian and Shane in one band. It could work ;-)
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think westlife reforming alone could be great...
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not! They were bad enough as separate groups, imagine how bad a supergroup would be :o

Again with the criticism, you say in every thread that even remotely mentions Westlife how horrible they are. No one can deny they are all great vocalists and if they create their own songs, this could be good.

However, I don't buy it until I hear something more about this, I think this is just a rumor. And I honestly don't know what to think about it, I've never rooted for these supergroups.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could get B*witched to join in too.
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Again with the criticism, you say in every thread that even remotely mentions Westlife how horrible they are. No one can deny they are all great vocalists and if they create their own songs, this could be good.

Well I must confess I loved them as a kid. They were good from 1999-2004 but I went off them when they started releasing lazy covers of drippy ballads and I can't stand them now. They did way too many covers IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I must confess I loved them as a kid. They were good from 1999-2004 but I went off them when they started releasing lazy covers of drippy ballads and I can't stand them now. They did way too many covers IMO.

Of course they did and I completely agree with that, we had a long conversation about it, remember? I even posted a song that was written by Mark called Beautiful World and you said you loved it and that it would have been a hit had they released it.

All I'm saying is, they were forced to do covers and they fought with Cowell/Syco many times about that. They were wrong for staying with Syco for so long, they left them too late. But don't say they are horrible just because of too many covers, they had plenty great original songs, especially in the last 2 albums which general public like you never got to hear because of wrong single choices.
    Forum Member
    Of course they did and I completely agree with that, we had a long conversation about it, remember? I even posted a song that was written by Mark called Beautiful World and you said you loved it and that it would have been a hit had they released it.

All I'm saying is, they were forced to do covers and they fought with Cowell/Syco many times about that. They were wrong for staying with Syco for so long, they left them too late. But don't say they are horrible just because of too many covers, they had plenty great original songs, especially in the last 2 albums which general public like you never got to hear because of wrong single choices.

Oh that's right, I remember that now. They did have a lot of potential and they showed it in the early days when they did more original songs, but I think Syco forcing them to release covers completely killed their reputation. Die-hard fans who owned the albums would have heard the original songs but it gave the general public a bad impression and it put people off them. I did listen to their first few albums from 1999-2002 but I didn't listen to the albums after that, only the singles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's right, I remember that now. They did have a lot of potential and they showed it in the early days when they did more original songs, but I think Syco forcing them to release covers completely killed their reputation. Die-hard fans who owned the albums would have heard the original songs but it gave the general public a bad impression and it put people off them. I did listen to their first few albums from 1999-2002 but I didn't listen to the albums after that, only the singles.

I completely agree with these 2 points, I feel the same way. Their full cover albums Allow Us To Be Frank and The Love album destroyed their reputation, regardless of the fact that The Love Album was commercially VERY successful. Whats worse, the company actually thought about Westlife doing a The Love Album 2 and get this... Westlife Goes To The Movies where they would cover famous movie songs - thank God that the boys were very determined and managed to persuade them against it - this would have been like a nail to the coffin, I can't even imagine!

And the saddest thing is that they actually are decent songwriters themselves, but they were never encouraged to do more writing. Shane co-wrote entire album, Mark is doing the same, working with many interesting people like Steve Anderson and Daley. Anderson said people will be shocked when they hear his album because no one will expect that material coming from Mark.

Hell, even Nicky is slowly writing and recording his own songs. So they are all very creative as persons but Syco and Louis Walsh were just lazy and greedy so it was definitely easier to shove covers down their throats.

Like I told you, if you are interested, definitely check their last 2 albums (which have 3 covers altogether) because they are more contemporary and modern - but still pop albums of course.

Song like this for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMP_esWPBU

I will say this though - I'm glad they never changed their sound drastically just because dance and autotune songs are in right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Does shane filan wax his chest now? I saw this pic a few years ago. He looks pretty buff and hot! Always had a soft soft for the hunk! Anyone else think he's the hottest from both groups?
    http://rupsje1000.*********.com/post/491973/thread
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda like NKOTBSB that tour worked out great and made a ton of money
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Wouldnt be surprised, Shane's solo career hasn't exactly flown and he needs the money.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Westboys Life video has been out for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKsuYYxE_I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt be surprised, Shane's solo career hasn't exactly flown and he needs the money.

I agree that Shane's career isn't exactly massive, but it is not that bad either. His tour is doing very well, it sold out plus he just announced extended dates in October/November. Also, he signed a six figure contract for autobiography. So considering everything, its not bad.

I'm interested to see if Mark will be more successful.
    Forum Member
    I agree that Shane's career isn't exactly massive, but it is not that bad either. His tour is doing very well, it sold out plus he just announced extended dates in October/November. Also, he signed a six figure contract for autobiography. So considering everything, its not bad.

I'm interested to see if Mark will be more successful.

But he will be paying most of that to his creditors I suspect. The rewards from a Westlife/Boyzone tour would be tens if not hundreds of times more.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That actually sounds like quite a good idea. Boyzone can't keep touring their old 90s hits forever- I thought them going on about being around for 20 years was funny because they've only had about 2 hits in the last 15 of those years. At least this would be something different.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Mark do this when he's still working on his solo album and the people around him creating it seem very excited about it's prospects. I can see them forming together for a special occasion, they have all preformed together before and are very close within the industry, but I think Mark would be throwing a real chance away if he dropped his album and did this, despite the fact I would actually like this to happen just for a few songs or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should also keep in mind that Lynch said they would do this in the future - so this could be a year, 5 or even 10 years from now so of course Mark won't throw anything away. All Westlife boys are very busy at the moment, if this happens, it certainly won't be anytime soon.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about my worst nightmare realised! Run away! :D
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazybbfan wrote: »
    OMG Shane Lynch just admitted that Boyzone and Westlife are in talks to form a McBusted style supergroup. This could be epic or awful....I am hoping for the former :-)

Why not , I get them all mixed up anyways when I see them individually, on chat shows or whatever .
    Forum Member
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Why would Mark do this when he's still working on his solo album and the people around him creating it seem very excited about it's prospects. I can see them forming together for a special occasion, they have all preformed together before and are very close within the industry, but I think Mark would be throwing a real chance away if he dropped his album and did this, despite the fact I would actually like this to happen just for a few songs or something.

Depends how much he values creativity over money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    This sounds like an awful idea. Boyzone can't sing. Ronan just does bad Elvis impersonations that passes as singing! The rest are just passengers in the band! Keith Duffy has a great body though.
    Westlife Shane and Mark are great singers. I think Mark is the most creative of them all so hope he realises a good album
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After NKOTBSB, I let McBusted pass because they have personality. Oh come on...
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    After NKOTBSB, I let McBusted pass because they have personality. Oh come on...

what kind of personality do yo want to say they have a lot of it?

westlife and boyzone are two of the most successful boybands of all time... that's for sure and for real :0