Do u envy Sony owners?

BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Theres a really big game on Playstation atm called The Last of us, are u jealous that it isn't on ur platform? Critics have called it a 'generation defining game' basically in the same breath as Red Dead & Bioshock Infinite. But The Last of us is really something special.

I'm just curious to know how interested u are in this game & if its questioned ur loyalty to ur beloved platform? :cool:.

Comments

• Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    No not really. I sold my ps3 a while back and from what I have seen from the last of us, it would not make me rush out and get another ps3 just to play it.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Why? Yes the PS3 does have the better exclusives but... & listen carefully the 360 beats the ps3 hand's down on anything to do with online i own both a ps3 & 360 but with not enough cash for the both so the xbox one win's hand's down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I do, The Last Of Us is awesome. Sony is the way forward, XBOX have fallen behind big time.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    This thread smells like baiting. Why would you be envious of Sony owners, they are hardly ferraris in terms of price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got 2D's phone number?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    This thread smells like baiting. Why would you be envious of Sony owners, they are hardly ferraris in terms of price.

Couldn't agree more, thread need to be shut down before another pathetic console war starts on here
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I own both and ps3 wins hands down however if i didn't have a 360 too i'd miss the great exclusives on there such as gears of war series , forza as imo forza puts gt5 to shame and this is coming from a former sony fanboy , halo series.
    Sony have great exclusives such as killzone series , infamous series , uncharted series , little big planet series.
    All consoles have fantastic exclusives , i've not bought last of us yet as waiting to see if rumour is true about it hitting £20 on psn+ soon.
    Value for moneywise psn+ beats xbox live without a question but online realiabilty goes to xboxlive.
    It's all swings and roundabouts the only way there'll be a perfect console is if nintendo , sony and microsoft got together which most likely will never happen.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, nice baiting.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I wish I had a Walkman rather than a generic personal cassette player :p
  • BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not baiting lol :rolleyes:. Anyone with an interest in videogames would wanna play that game. Its not often a game of that quality comes around. How could u not possibly want Naughty dog on ur system? To my mind their is no other 1st party developer on that level.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Yes. Sometimes ive woken up in cold sweats knowing that ive made the wrong console choice. I sometimes see ps3 owners in the street with their fancy suits and beautiful women and it makes me feel a little sick inside.

And then there's some of the ps3 owner on here. They make hilarious threads in the xbox section about 'u-turns' that have me he fits of laughter that last for hours. I wish I could be so humorous.

One day I may be worthy of owning a sony console myself.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is if you don't own a systems its very easy to ignore the exclusive games you don't have access to. I thought I would miss Zelda when I sold my Wii and even planned to buy it and borrow my sisters Wii to play it on but I still haven't bothered and I haven't really missed it.
    He4rt wrote: »
    I sometimes see ps3 owners in the street with their fancy suits and beautiful women and it makes me feel a little sick inside.

I think I need to contact Sony, my PS3 came with neither of those :(:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not baiting lol :rolleyes:. Anyone with an interest in videogames would wanna play that game. Its not often a game of that quality comes around. How could u not possibly want Naughty dog on ur system? To my mind their is no other 1st party developer on that level.
    It's borderline.

The trouble is you've walked into a forum category where there are a few people who like the Xbox a little too much and hold it close to their heart, as such they often interpret things in the wrong way or jump to wrong conclusions when the competition is talked about positively or if someone tries to make a negative (factual and with reasoning) comment on the Xbox.

That's just them being passionate, which is fine.

But as a result, they're likely to see your thread title as a bit of a goad.

I see the point you are trying to make though - essentially you're saying as someone who does not own a PlayStation, do you feel you are missing out on some good quality games and perhaps do you regret now buying the competing console as the PS3 has more of what you want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The thing is if you don't own a systems its very easy to ignore the exclusive games you don't have access to. I thought I would miss Zelda when I sold my Wii and even planned to buy it and borrow my sisters Wii to play it on but I still haven't bothered and I haven't really missed it.

I think I need to contact Sony, my PS3 came with neither of those :(:D:D

Ye u wouldn't notice a Halo or Gears because who really gives a **** about those generic games? A Mario, Mario Kart, Last of us, Uncharted, Zelda, Amnesia, God of war, Donkey Kong, InFamous I'd beg to differ. I would seriously want those games on my system :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ye u wouldn't notice a Halo or Gears because who really gives a **** about those generic games? A Mario, Mario Kart, Last of us, Uncharted, Zelda, Amnesia, God of war, Donkey Kong, InFamous I'd beg to differ. I would seriously want those games on my system :cool:.

Now its clear this is flame bait :rolleyes:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean you are serious about Bioshock Infinite being a generation defining game? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    It's borderline.

The trouble is you've walked into a forum category where there are a few people who like the Xbox a little too much and hold it close to their heart, as such they often interpret things in the wrong way or jump to wrong conclusions when the competition is talked about positively or if someone tries to make a negative (factual and with reasoning) comment on the Xbox.

That's just them being passionate, which is fine.

But as a result, they're likely to see your thread title as a bit of a goad.

I see the point you are trying to make though - essentially you're saying as someone who does not own a PlayStation, do you feel you are missing out on some good quality games and perhaps do you regret now buying the competing console as the PS3 has more of what you want.

Ye i'm aware of that but my point was whether devotees look at The Last of us & think 'Hmm.. I rather like the look of that'. Not just Xbox anyone to PC & Nintendo. Because its not just any ordinary game. When u look at that game its striking.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Ye i'm aware of that but my point was whether devotees look at The Last of us & think 'Hmm.. I rather like the look of that'. Not just Xbox anyone to PC & Nintendo. Because its not just any ordinary game. When u look at that game its striking.

Devotees?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I played TLOU at my friends house and though it was a good game, I particularly liked the brutal and dynamic combat as well as the atmosphere, but I don't personally agree with the "masterpiece" labels and ratings the game received. State of Decay is more my kind of game tbh. ;)

edit: Oh yeah and the ending sucked! No spoilers but it was so obvious that NaughtyDog thought it was a better idea to give the game a terrible ending, anything just so long as it didn't fall into the "trap" of being obvious and giving the audience what they really wanted, that way the game can be seen as more edgy and controversial. That's obviously how they think art works. It thought it was quite sad since any connection you may of had for the main character was taken away. Why not give the player a choice?
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played TLOU at my friends house and though it was a good game, I particularly liked the brutal and dynamic combat as well as the atmosphere, but I don't personally agree with the "masterpiece" labels and ratings the game received. State of Decay is more my kind of game tbh. ;)

I think the game is a grower, you start it thinking, yeah it's a good game, not sure about the heaps of praise but it's very good. As the story progresses you get more involved, the tension builds, shocking things happen and in the end you proclaim it to be the game of the generation! That's what happened to me anyway, I even bought a T-shirt with a cartoon Joel and Ellie on it. I've never done that before.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Yes. Sometimes ive woken up in cold sweats knowing that ive made the wrong console choice. I sometimes see ps3 owners in the street with their fancy suits and beautiful women and it makes me feel a little sick inside.

And then there's some of the ps3 owner on here. They make hilarious threads in the xbox section about 'u-turns' that have me he fits of laughter that last for hours. I wish I could be so humorous.

One day I may be worthy of owning a sony console myself.:(

Well, I laughed anyway..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edit: Oh yeah and the ending sucked! No spoilers but it was so obvious that NaughtyDog thought it was a better idea to give the game a terrible ending, anything just so long as it didn't fall into the "trap" of being obvious and giving the audience what they really wanted, that way the game can be seen as more edgy and controversial. That's obviously how they think art works. It thought it was quite sad since any connection you may of had for the main character was taken away. Why not give the player a choice?

That would go against the narrative of the game. You are playing as a character, it's his story. A choice stuck at the end would undermine the character developement built up through the game. The character had to behave that way because that is who he is. I have to disagree with your assesment of the ending. I thought it was very fitting and gave me something to think about for a long time after, it really stayed with me.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I think the game is a grower, you start it thinking, yeah it's a good game, not sure about the heaps of praise but it's very good. As the story progresses you get more involved, the tension builds, shocking things happen and in the end you proclaim it to be the game of the generation! That's what happened to me anyway, I even bought a T-shirt with a cartoon Joel and Ellie on it. I've never done that before.

I kind of already went through that though, at first I didn't even like it much, mostly due to the controls, they felt awkward and a bit laggy even, it took a while for the game to get going and there's a lot of slow moments (for my tastes) but it did gel with me and I started to enjoy it a LOT. Same thing happened with Uncharted series too, are you telling me there's another added level of depth where the game becomes even better, wanting to play though it multiple times etc?

I don't think I would ever agree with the "masterpiece" claims and numerous 10/10's but that's just me. I definitely know I'm not alone there.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at it in context; Its just one game, that even those who have a PS3 (myself included) can live without. Though, to slightly invalidate my point, i'm interesed in playing the game though, only when it reduces in price as i don't view it as a 'must get'.

Also, if any one saves up, they can afford a PS3 and the game, so they have no reason to feel bad about not having it. You really try to make it sound as if they are salavating at the side of the road, looking through a glass window at something that is beyond them - They aren't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of already went through that though, at first I didn't even like it much, mostly due to the controls, they felt awkward and a bit laggy even, it took a while for the game to get going and there's a lot of slow moments (for my tastes) but it did gel with me and I started to enjoy it a LOT. Same thing happened with Uncharted series too, are you telling me there's another added level of depth where the game becomes even better, wanting to play though it multiple times etc?

I don't think I would ever agree with the "masterpiece" claims and numerous 10/10's but that's just me. I definitely know I'm not alone there.

It's difficult without going into spoilers, but I played the game twice back to back, something I have never wanted to do before. I didn't want the game to end so I just started it again. That's just from a story perspective. I don't know how much you played but it's after the halfway point that things really start to ramp up.

After the first playthrough it unlocks Survivor mode, which is really how the game was designed to be played, that's with listen mode off and barely any supplies, a really fun challenge. Then there is new game plus which I haven't done yet. So that will be 3 playthroughs in quick succession. Not everyone will agree with the scores it got, I don't mind at all. I know how I felt about it when it ended and I can't put a score on that, I just loved it. (Sorry for the gushing lol)