Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People
    I have lost count of how many times I've watched this film. I remember being terrified of the Banshee at the cinema when I was a kid.Great special effects for its time and Sean Connery singing too!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Earth - 9/10.

I really loved it. The acting is great, the characters are interesting, and the story seemed fresh.

Also it had Ethan from LOST in it :D

Edit: oh and the scene where they play Wii Boxing is one of the best scenes I've seen in a film recently.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Sunset Boulevard (1950) - 8.5/10
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Cabin In The Woods- crazy good fun and liked the analogies to movie-goers 8/10
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stop thinking about Another Earth.. I'm tempted to bump my score up to 10/10, I just thought the film was so beautiful and not what I was expecting.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack the giant killer 6/10
  • lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good, the bad and the ugly 8/10
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    Teaching Mrs Tingle

Seen it many times, but still love it.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunshine. I recorded it after missing an unknown part of the beginning. It was very impressive to watch, but please can somebody tell me what the hell it was all about?

Edit: Okay folks, I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_(2007_film)

Can't say that I'm much better off, but it was very nice to watch anyway :D
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 373,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27 Hours. Even though I knew the plot beforehand it didn’t make what happened to James Franco any less shocking :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Resident - 4.5/10 - "When a young doctor suspects she may not be alone in her new Brooklyn loft, she learns that her landlord has formed a frightening obsession with her." (Lovefilms)

Really obvious storyline so was all a bit 'meh'.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely Molly
    Too much nudity for my liking and it felt sort of... pointless in the end.
  • vanzandtfanvanzandtfan Posts: 8,897
    Forum Member
    Cloud Atlas - 3/10 - it looked nice and there are some decent performances, but those are the only positives I can think of. The cutting between storylines left little time to engage and invest in any one specific tale so I found it hard to care about what was happening (with one exception ) and the different tones didn't sit well together. Thce links between the stories felt contrived and sometimes simply didn't make sense. Having the same actors playing multiple roles was distracting and occasionally plain silly. Plus it was far too preachy, having a message is fine but why the need to basg the audience over the head with it. Nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Running Man - Dated (even in 1987), cheesy & with terrible acting to boot, but it is a fantastic film! :o

Given all those things, this film has no right to be any good, but it's cracking entertainment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Species. The Awakening

crap sequel , the first one was the best :)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primal

5/10

Gave it half marks because the first half was really good. When
    the giant horny slug thing showed up, it felt like almost a parody.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Krugovi (Circles) 2012 or 2013

8/10 - Good film. A subtle portrayal of the aftermath of a Serbian soldier sacrificing himself saving a Bosniak (based on true events as well) Good narrative structure and dialogue
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Campaign - 7/10
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyond the Fire - 6.75/10
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Is Good :cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe affair with John Cusack. 7.5/10. Isn't John Cusack good.

MIB 3 - Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones was spot on. 7/10. It wasn't bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost Ship - 6.5/10 - "A salvage crew that discovers a long-lost 1962 passenger ship floating lifeless in a remote region of the Bering Sea soon notices, as they try to tow it back to land, that "strange things" happen..." (Lovefilms)

It just starts to get creepy and it's all mysterious and then they suddenly make everything too transparent. It's a shame as this movie had huge potential but it is still entertaining enough.

Sadly, the best thing about this film for me was trying to work out where I had seen the actor Desmond Harrington before. :p
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Grease (1978) - 8/10
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Ransom - Great performances from Mel Gibson, Rene Russo and Gary Sinise bring to life an average story - 7/10

Murder By Numbers - Very weak/flawed script with a few good moments. The two killers came across as uninteresting and Sandra Bullock failed to pull off the "tough cop with a troubled past" character she had - 5/10

The Social Network - Didn't expect much but it turned out to be a well-paced, entertaining drama! Jesse Eisenberg is brilliant as Mark Zuckerburg. Justin Timberlake is surprisingly good too - 8.5/10
This discussion has been closed.