[Game] The Chance Factor: Live Show 2 (take two)

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome back to The Chance Factor everyone! It's my turn to host once again, and this is actually the first live show I've hosted of this game as my co-host Soppyfan hosted the last one. Anyway, we unfortunately had to say goodbye to Same Difference after they lost the sing-off to Ella Henderson in a deadlock situation.

Today, the remaining seven acts will sing songs with titles that start with either the first or last character of their mentor's DS username. A very interesting yet broad theme, we'll have to wait and see what the judges did with it. As always, one act will be leaving the competition at the end of the show as seven must become six today. But we're nowhere near the end of the show yet, so let's begin by introducing the judges and the top 7 once more!

bboy1988 & the Boys
James Michael
Paije Richardson

jackamakka & the Girls
Ella Henderson
Lucy Spraggan

pingu58011 & the Overs
Brenda Edwards
Kerry McGregor

puppylove7 & the last of the Groups
Union J

It's good to be back in the hosting seat everyone, I hope you'll enjoy this show as much as I enjoy hosting it. Let's hope that the panel is as excited as I am. Speaking about the panel, could the judges please confirm their presence?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here now!! :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this one working? I have absolutely NO IDEA what's up with the first one... :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I'm here :)
    Forum Member
    It is working!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, I hope DS cleans the failed one up ASAP to avoid confusion. I have never seen anything as weird as that happen in my 1.5 years here on DS. Anyway, let's get this show started then.

Eliza may only have one group left after the previous live show, but she's definitely not down yet. Singing a Glee cover of Perfect by Pink, it's the four boys of Union J!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsH2h6_lzRk
    Forum Member
    Union J
    Boys that was so much better than last week, but I can`t help feeling that your mentor is being to predictable with you. These are very mainstream songs, and if you are here next week please take a bit of a risk. Overall it was a good performance though with good vocals!!!
    Forum Member
    Union J

Guys I am glad to see you here is week as I really like you as a group and you have great potential. Ok so it was an ok but still pretty obvious performance. I think yr mentor has done better this week with the song choice. You guys performed it well and I really hope that you are through as I wanna see what your mentor can do to turn you into a successful group. Next week guys if you are here for the next show, try to step out of the box slightly and choose an unexpected song that will shock us but also give a really water tight performance.
    Forum Member
    Are you still there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Are you still there?

I am, I was just filling out my own support query for the failed thread. ;)
    Anyway, I have no comments from Jacka or Eliza, so they will either have to catch up or don't post at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Union J have once again been called predictable. Is this going to cost them valuable votes later tonight?

Next up, it's the first of the boys. His mentor Stephen expressed that he had some difficulty with finding a suitable song for him, but in the end it seems he settled on a cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel. Ladies and gentlemen, it's Paije Richardson!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEEWMnqLF6E
    Forum Member
    Paije
    Paije your mentor said that it was hard finding songs for you, but I am glad he did because that was a great song choice for you that suited you perfectly. Great vocals, and great performance. Can`t fault that. Well done!!!
    Forum Member
    Paije

Paije, I am not gonna lie or be biased but last week for me I felt as though you absolutely killed it with your performance and were the number one for me. This week I struggled to find a song choi for you as I had initially wanted to go upbeat and have a really different style of performance. But I was listening to music on my phone when I was thinking of songs for you to sing and the original Simon and Garfunkel version of this song came on and I thought I have heard a funky soulful version of this song before that you would not only sing but you would slay. Paige you were absolutely incredible again up on that stage. Your voice is so endearing and really rich with soul and always makes me feel happy and safe when I hear it. I hope the public continue to vote for you to get you throu to the next show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good comments for Paije there, but how will those relate to the thoughts of the voting public?

The third performance of the night will be brought to you by one of Jacka's girls. She got some good comments last week, but as everyone knows there are a lot of things that can change in the space of a single show. Singing a cover of Apologize by One Republic, it's Lucy Spraggan.
    http://youtu.be/SI-8iy6hcCY
    Forum Member
    Lucy
    Lucy I am sorry but that wasn`t a patch on last week`s performance. I understand that this is what you do best. Acoustic, slow songs, but please if you are here next week please do something different. That person didn`t sound anything like you, and Lucy I have a little worry for you. It was okay, but just not as good as last week!!!
    Forum Member
    Lucy

Lucy that was a nice performance tonight. I don't think it was as strong as your first performance. I can see where your mentor is coming from with the song choice but felt as though the song was too slow for you and was missing the Spraggan effect. I am used to you putting your own spin onto a song and was sitting through that whole song just waiting and waiting on you changing it up showing me what you can do and it never happened. If your here for the next show I would makes sure you still have a good vocal performance but if I was your mentor I would try to find a song and get your spin on it and change it up slightly. I would take the time to find the main cover that you will use as the basis of your performance but also find another version of the song where Lucy can mix the songs and put her twist on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mixed bag of comments for Lucy there. Is she going to be in trouble later tonight or will the public save her again?

The first of the overs is up next. Her category got a lot of flak last show for the songs Pingu picked for them, but hoping to turn things around today is the one and only Kerry McGregor singing Perfect by Regine Velasquez!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZdGTdOqLks
    Forum Member
    Kerry
    Oh my god Kerry that was just perfect. Your vocals were just beautiful, and that song was just exactly like you. I think you have shown tonight that you can do less older sounding songs, and I could see your little smile as you sang. Great performance. Everybody vote for Kerry!!!
    Forum Member
    Kerry

Kerry congrats on getting through the first show. I have to be totally honest with you and say I really wasn't a huge fan of the song choice personally. You sang it well and have a beautiful voice but for me I just didn't like or get the song choice. I am not 100% sure of the direction that your mentor is gng to take you but I have a feeling you may struggle tonight slightly with the votes and I am not sure but there's a chance you may be middle road or looming near the bottom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And unfortunately for Kerry and her mentor, the performance wasn't particularly liked by the rest of the panel once again. However, seeing as she made it through last week, could the public save her again this time?

That's one act from each category down. The groups don't have another act since last show, so we head back over to Jacka and his girls for the next performance. Hoping to not find herself in the bottom 2 this week, it's Ella Henderson singing A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbX-z5-QHs
    Forum Member
    Stephen please explain, because you seemed to say there that you think it suited her, but you don`t like the song. These games are about suitability not whether you like the song?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Ella
    Ella, I thought you would come back better after landing in the bottom last week, but you came back and sang a song cover by a previous x-factor contestant. There were nice vocals but far too predictable, and I think you may be leaving the competition tonight!!
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Stephen please explain, because you seemed to say there that you think it suited her, but you don`t like the song. These games are about suitability not whether you like the song?? :confused:

No I am personally saying that I can see it could suite Kerry vocally, but I can say I don't like the song. I feel that kerry is sorta in limbo atm and not sure what sorta songs she should and will be singing
    Forum Member
    Ella

Ella I have to say this and I am saying this because I absolutely love you, but I am really shocked and annoyed that your mentor went with such a blindingly obvious song choice. Of course Leonard is gon an suit you and we all know that. Your vocals are so sublime and amazing. You sang the song really well, but for me I always look for something new on these shows and look for acts singing something a little but surprising or something that's completely different but would work. I'm sure the other judges will probably disagree with me here but I just can see you in trouble tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some two-sided comments for Ella there. On the one hand the judges liked the vocals, but on the other hand the word 'predictable' was mentioned once again. Could Ella indeed be in trouble again tonight as some of the judges say?

The penultimate performance will be brought to you by Stephen's other act. Like Ella, he will be tackling a song by a talent show winner. Well, more of a cover of a really famous song actually. Let's see how well James Michael can perform Phillip Phillips cover of Beggin' by Madcon!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVwS6QlE7K0
    Forum Member
    James
    James, I loved that and it was just as good as last week. I have never seen you in a competition, and I have loved that you have been picked because I loved your vocals, that song and the performance. Definitely the best outside my category!!!