will this years final be held in another arena again?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Probably a bit early but do we know if this years final will be held in another arena?

As much as I quite liked them held there, I kinda want them to stay in the studio this year, plus I think they will folk out for actual guest duets too this year, with only two judges being singers this year, I always found the duets better in the studio to the arena.

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it was at Wembley this year? I'm sure someone said that on here? I don't have a source to back me up though, haha, just what I've heard :)

I love the arena finals, I think they're amazing. They really make for event TV. I think it would be great if all of the live shows were held on a more impressive stage.

I thought the Wembley final in 2011 was incredible, one of the best productions I've ever seen on television. I hope it is at Wembley this year again :D
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the O2 host the final since its bigger than Wembley & no point going back there if auditions were there
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Probably a bit early but do we know if this years final will be held in another arena?

As much as I quite liked them held there, I kinda want them to stay in the studio this year, plus I think they will folk out for actual guest duets too this year, with only two judges being singers this year, I always found the duets better in the studio to the arena.

I'd guess they'll leave the guest duet/mentor duet decision until the last possible minute. They'll already have the guest artists for the final booked, with a potential duet plan in place; but if Nicole and Gary have the finalists again they'll probably go down the mentor-duet route again.
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a rumour it will be at Wembley while I was at the auditions.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    I'd guess they'll leave the guest duet/mentor duet decision until the last possible minute. They'll already have the guest artists for the final booked, with a potential duet plan in place; but if Nicole and Gary have the finalists again they'll probably go down the mentor-duet route again.

One of them will have to have two acts in the final if that is the case, or both of them even, if they go for a four-act final this year.

Personally, I prefer the guest artists. That's what provided us with moments such as Alexandra & Beyonce and Joe & George.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be a good idea to take the final on tour every year, visiting the biggest and most impressive arenas around the country. Especially now that the auditions aren't touring, it would be good to get the rest of the country involved in XF.

Glasgow's new Hydro Arena opens in September and looks quite impressive? As does the recently opened Leeds Arena?
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    I think it would be a good idea to take the final on tour every year, visiting the biggest and most impressive arenas around the country. Especially now that the auditions aren't touring, it would be good to get the rest of the country involved in XF.

Glasgow's new Hydro Arena opens in September and looks quite impressive? As does the recently opened Leeds Arena?

I love this idea :D

But, the closed auditions do still tour the country. It's not just based in London, they've gone to venues all over the UK.
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want them to keep it in the studio to be honest, I always prefer the final in the normal studio for me the audience just get in the way.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like it in an arena. it makes the final extra special I think
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I hate the arena :(
    Miss the studio :(
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »

It'd be cool but I think it's unlikely

1. Hydro is 3 months behind schedule & is fully booked till like next year, it also had a fire on the roof rob holding it back even more
    http://www.tickets-scotland.com/venues.html?event_method=viewvenue&event_id=dd557520-144e-11e2-bd89-12313d233d40
    2. Glasgow isn't as easy to travel to like Manchester & London,
    3. Leeds won't get the final, not big enough name in Simon's mind to host his TV show's finale if you get my drift
    I think Liverpool is a likely candidate though but it will end up going to Wembley which is kinda pointless hense auditions were just held there
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X factor at the leeds arena would be epic
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Auditions were held at Wembley, but for the final, it's bound to be on a much larger scale, stage & production wise. Also, the audience capacity has looked larger for the final.