Moviemix channel

Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
Forum Member
✭✭
We have had a few threads recently about why certain films seem to be shown over and over onTV, while others rarely get shown at all.

This channel which started up recently on freeview seems to show a lot of old, and admittedley obscure movies plus vintage tv shows like Cops (circa 2000) and Baywatch Hasselhof era.

Today they are showing The Fan, an obscure movie with Lauren Bacall and a pre Terminator Michael Biehn as a gay killer.

The other day they had an obscure biopic about Linda McCartney.They are also trailering the Gregory Hines/Mikhail Baryshnikhov thriller White Nights, which I have not seen for years.

Though some of the programming is not of the greatest quality, the films maybe a bit low rent and obscure, it does at least avoid the constant repetition that a lot of the oher channels seem to indulge in.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Apart from the name it sounds exactly the same as more-movies on Freesat.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    My EPG told me that The Fan is actually the De Niro film - I checked, as I haven't seen the Bacall one and would like to :(

I think the fact that the films are low rent and obscure is a good thing! Variety is the spice of life, after all. Over the past few weeks I've seen:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - '80s TV movie with Anthony Hopkins in the title role, not been on one of the main channels since forever.

The Prophecy - Christopher Walken horror, not been on TV for a couple of years.

Damage - Newish B-movie with Steve Austin that even Channel 5 haven't touched.

Wild Things - great little movie I hadn't seen before. They also showed the sequel, which was terrible.

Plus a slew of disaster-themed Z-grade flicks - these are definitely 'low rent' - including Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America and Meteor Storm. Quite a mix indeed!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just discovered this channel, and have watched a couple of films I haven't seen before.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Apart from the name it sounds exactly the same as more-movies on Freesat.

It's exactly the same channel, just with a different name. 'Movie Mix' on Freeview, 'More Movies' on Sky/Freesat.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I keep trying to remember to check it cos it aint listed in RT , some forgotten 90's movies on there I noticed
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's exactly the same channel, just with a different name. 'Movie Mix' on Freeview, 'More Movies' on Sky/Freesat.

Not exactly - it's a different channel which just happens to have syndicated the content from more>movies and is showing it at the same time with the same ads...

Effectively they are the same though.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched Birdy coupla nights ago , hadn't seen it in years , it's a real gem , one of Parker's best . still not sure about the ending tho .