Shud the Big Bang theory go bck to how it used to be in seasons 1-4

mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wat do we think I wud like it to go bck to the earlier days wen the show was more geeky still like it still very funny but not as funny as it was but saying that the ratings in the us are mega big in its latest run the biggest ratings yet:)

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Did you type this on a phone?
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With your toes?
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Wat do we think I wud like it to go bck to the earlier days wen the show was more geeky still like it still very funny but not as funny as it was but saying that the ratings in the us are mega big in its latest run the biggest ratings yet:)

I suspect Sheldon would be unimpressed.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    The problem with the shows now is that the female characters have taken over a lot of the show. The key relationship was always Sheldon and Leonard and then you had Penny with the two other guys.

Now half the time the female characters are the centre of attention and a lot of the time they are just not funny.

I've also read that some of the other occasional characters are also going to become mainstream, I really don't see the point of that.

Part of the original story was that as geeks they couldn't get a woman, now one is married, Leonard is probably close to marrying Penny and Sheldon is well sort of with Amy now.

I would also not be surprised if they decide to make Raj gay.

The show is more like Friends now.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I agree but they've painted themselves into a corner.

Stuart could be subtled dropped to take a back seat like he was previously.
    I guess Amy could be dumped.
    But if they want to get rid of Bernadette then that really means Howard going with her unless there is comedy to be made of a divorce with probably wouldn;'t fit with the show.

I suppose if Howard left then Stuart could replace him but then that wouldn't be the original gang.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I agree but they've painted themselves into a corner.

Stuart could be subtled dropped to take a back seat like he was previously.
    I guess Amy could be dumped.
    But if they want to get rid of Bernadette then that really means Howard going with her unless there is comedy to be made of a divorce with probably wouldn;'t fit with the show.

I suppose if Howard left then Stuart could replace him but then that wouldn't be the original gang.

I agree, Howard marrying Bernadette now limits their storylines. Stuart from what I have read is going to become a regular on the show, yet he's not funny at all and an uninteresting character.

Next they will be fixing the elevator.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've recently started watching S6 and noticed that they have chaned the end title shot with all the characters in it so it looks like they've committed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    The problem is never going to be that there are too many women... them (in some people's opinions) not being funny isn't a reason to write them out, it's a reason to write them better.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now Raj is getting a love interest it looks we're officially stuck with this.

Did no-one tell you life was gonna be this way? (clap clap clap)
    Forum Member
    NeverSoShy wrote: »
    The problem is never going to be that there are too many women... them (in some people's opinions) not being funny isn't a reason to write them out, it's a reason to write them better.

The writers are trying to write for too many characters, also sticking them in relationships limits the stories.

The female characters (Penny aside) are not very good and not important to the show. I hated the episodes when Leonard was dating Raj's sister, really poor.

If they wanted to develop the female characters, then do a spin off show. I really don't see what they are going to do with Howard now for example.

I'd like to see the show get back to the core stuff, Sheldon, Leonard and Penny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Shud we go back to speakin proper English before we type on the interwebz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Eh I still like the show, as long as an episode can make me laugh, I'm happy, it may not be the same as earlier seasons, but its still pretty funny. But obviously some of you may not agree, we do all have different opinions...
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

shud u lern 2 rite senternses wot uvvers can underrstnd and make sum sorta sense b4 postin yess

Another GCSE generation product of our excellent education system. No doubt mrmatty is now at uni.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    With your toes?

Blindfolded, after being spun around several times?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Amy. I like that the shows moving forward, not just going round in circles.

I'd like to see Amy finally crack sheldons defences. But I concede, that would probably finish the show.

That's always the problem with characters you like. You want to see them progress, but that finishes there stories off...

Nothing last forever, the shows had a good run, and hasn't jumped the shark just yet.....
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    And now Raj is getting a love interest it looks we're officially stuck with this.

Did no-one tell you life was gonna be this way? (clap clap clap)

Is it stuart?.......;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with the female characters, I just stopped watching during season 5 and I don't know why. It just became a chore to sit through every week, but now and again I see a new episode and think I should start watching again...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like Friends, is it? Really?

In the most recent episode aired on E4 in the UK, one of the main plot points was the guys playing Dungeons and Dragons and then Sheldon dreamed Santa had come to the apartment to attack him with a Cannon.

So, no. It isn't like Friends.

Yes, there is a focus on relationships - but that's LIFE. People get into relationships in LIFE, even geeks. But this show isn't like Friends, the geeky stuff is still there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't they reboot the season by introducing a new geek character, where the audience discover that the geek had simply woken from a dream featuring the existing characters, all of whom were in a relationship with women or who had married, with the geek thinking that he would remain a geek.
    Forum Member
    It's like Friends, is it? Really?

In the most recent episode aired on E4 in the UK, one of the main plot points was the guys playing Dungeons and Dragons and then Sheldon dreamed Santa had come to the apartment to attack him with a Cannon.

So, no. It isn't like Friends.

Yes, there is a focus on relationships - but that's LIFE. People get into relationships in LIFE, even geeks. But this show isn't like Friends, the geeky stuff is still there.

No it's changed quite a bit, it is like Friends, we have scenes of the three female characters sitting together moaning about men and relationships. It's supposed to be a comedy not a soap opera.

I really don't see the need for the other permanent female characters, Penny was enough.

Sticking them in permanent relationships limits the stories and as for Raj why did they ever write that he can't speak to women sober? Might have been a good gag for the first season, but now it just drags.

A lot of the geekness has gone simply because the female characters frown on it, Sheldon breaking into Klingon is funny but now we get very little, the male characters seem to spend most of their time bitching about their women as well.

Not funny or entertaining.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the addition of the girls but wish Bernie and Howard hadnt gotten married
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I quite like the addition of the girls but wish Bernie and Howard hadnt gotten married
    Agree Amy and Sheldon are my favourites if u look at the us ratings through ratings have got much bigger since they introduced bernedette and Amy to the show have way preferred this season compared to 5 season 2 still my favourite:)
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just love the show whatever - it always cheers me up - it's great!
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

eh? can someone please translate?:rolleyes:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Punctuation is your friend, OP.

It sickens me how great, progressive shows such as 30 Rock which aren't afraid to use story arcs and inter-seasonal references, are axed whilst derirative tripe like Two & A Half Men (and to a lesser extent the very, very formulaic BBT) gets monster ratings even with a definite drop in quality (if any existed in the first place)