Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    So if he'd taken 6 months off, he would've missed out on 60 MM :cool:

I don't believe for even a nonsecond that he ever intended taking six months off. That ' I wanted to leave it all behind' was just PA/CAN doing damage control for the criticism he got imo, and the 'wanting to raise awareness' justification was a convenient basket in which to put his ball. This is not even a criticism of him, it's just a realistic take on his situation - a man who had milked every last ounce of interest out of his endless life - and needed to keep himself visible for job opps and a new direction. That man is not going anywhere for six weeks let alone six months.

60 MM sounds like a positive move for him.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was responding to Smithy1204 who posted that it had "only been 4 months" ... I'm not splitting hairs over a few weeks... the fact of the matter is IF he had taken off the 6 months that he claimed he wanted to - he would have missed the gig.

Sorry I wasn't trying to split hairs.. Nor was I being petty.. I ment the tv company might of been able to delay for 3/4 weeks if Peter had insisted on the 6 months off
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Sorry I wasn't trying to split hairs.. Nor was I being petty.. I ment the tv company might of been able to delay for 3/4 weeks if Peter had insisted on the 6 months off

I know Betty, bless you :) I know this is the next step in the Grand Design of PA's career, but he doesn't command that sort of stature yet :D
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I don't believe for even a nonsecond that he ever intended taking six months off. That ' I wanted to leave it all behind' was just PA/CAN doing damage control for the criticism he got imo, and the 'wanting to raise awareness' justification was a convenient basket in which to put his ball. This is not even a criticism of him, it's just a realistic take on his situation - a man who had milked every last ounce of interest out of his endless life - and needed to keep himself visible for job opps and a new direction. That man is not going anywhere for six weeks let alone six months.

60 MM sounds like a positive move for him.

100% spot on, but as for it being a 'positive move', realistically what other 'credible' choices are open to him? I personally think he should have taken the time to re-evaluate his life, surely he's made enough money to make some wise investments? and live comfortably, and with his dignity intact....

if Linda Barker is anything to go by, we'll be seeing PA throwing himself off the top diving board in a forward 2 1/2 Somersaults, 1 Twist in the Pike Position next year....

he's had enough practice at 'spinning' :cool:
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Linda Barker is anything to go by, we'll be seeing PA throwing himself off the top diving board in a forward 2 1/2 Somersaults, 1 Twist in the Pike Position next year....

Momma where are you? Shall I book us some front row seats before word gets out ? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% spot on, but as for it being a 'positive move', realistically what other 'credible' choices are open to him? I personally think he should have taken the time to re-evaluate his life, surely he's made enough money to make some wise investments? and live comfortably, and with his dignity intact....

'Positive' is a relative term when discussing the life and times of the DOTY. ;) I think even he knows he had to find a new plan and this at least is a start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Momma where are you? Shall I book us some front row seats before word gets out ? :D

:D Maybe you or Momma can write to ITV for a 60min makeover? ;):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Peter wouldn't get out of Momma's house if he did a show there.. She would have him chained up ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No fear Lexi - I wouldn't let them loose on my tastefully decorated home :eek: Unless Pete wants to give me a 60 min makeover as I could do with getting fitter. (I am so glad my OH is oblivious to DS :o)

Can't speak for Momma though - are you tempted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched his Loose Women interview on catchup https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/loose-women/01-05-2013 and he talks about restarting filming after Andrew's death and the partnership with Cancer Research (starts around 35:00).
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

momma mentioned a few days ago she was handy with a sewing maching, I bet she will knock up a few pairs of trunks for him:eek::D nice and orange so you cant see where the costume ends and bare skin begins;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    momma mentioned a few days ago she was handy with a sewing maching, I bet she will knock up a few pairs of trunks for him:eek::D nice and orange so you cant see where the costume ends and bare skin begins;)

:eek: NOOO! Better nip this in the bud or it will feed into Cyril's rather insulting stereotypes of PA fans. (Note to Cyril: I'm very happily married thank you and my appreciation of Pete is purely aesthetic)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anybody let people redecorate a room in their house in 60 mins?.. How would you get a decent finish?.. I am deeply suspicious of the veracity of this 60mm concept... they do kitchens in 60 mins that can't be right... has anybody watched it?.. my mum bless her is not a reliable source she is still only half convinced Avid Merrion and Keith Lemon are the same person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anybody let people redecorate a room in their house in 60 mins?.. How would you get a decent finish?.. I am deeply suspicious of the veracity of this 60mm concept... they do kitchens in 60 mins that can't be right... has anybody watched it?.. my mum bless her is not a reliable source she is still only half convinced Avid Merrion and Keith Lemon are the same person.

I do know someone who had a 60mm approx 3 yrs ago and they said it was a good job but a few things needed touching up ..
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do know someone who had a 60mm approx 3 yrs ago and they said it was a good job but a few things needed touching up ..

Momma get on the phone now and book your makeover ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Momma get on the phone now and book your makeover ;)

:eek: Blondie you are naughty
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Blondie you are naughty

But nice :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    But nice :p

Of course ...goes without saying surely ;)
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: NOOO! Better nip this in the bud or it will feed into Cyril's rather insulting stereotypes of PA fans. (Note to Cyril: I'm very happily married thank you and my appreciation of Pete is purely aesthetic)

Just like to point out they arent MY insulting stereotypes of fans, i'm just talking real how these people do get referred to in the industry - it's not all politically correct. Surely just looking at the image they have crafted for him it's blatantly obvious its been very carefully aimed at certain groups of people who tend to buy into his stuff, turn up to signings, will make them tune into his TV shows.

The whole reason why Peter Andre is "suffering" is because it sells!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like to point out they arent MY insulting stereotypes of fans, i'm just talking real how these people do get referred to in the industry - it's not all politically correct. Surely just looking at the image they have crafted for him it's blatantly obvious its been very carefully aimed at certain groups of people who tend to buy into his stuff, turn up to signings, will make them tune into his TV shows.

And because some want to believe he needs looking after ..brings out their maternal instinct.. But I do think people are starting to get fed up of the constant sympathy seeking ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you're saying the industry calls PA fans window lickers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    So you're saying the industry calls PA fans window lickers?

I bloody hope not ..that's a disgusting name to call anyone ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Pete is only presenting the 60 mm makeover and there will be designers on board. He doesnt strike me as being artistic. Claire Sweeney was a dreadful on the show and the blonde actress equally as annoying when she presented it, so he doesnt have a hard act to follow.

When he did the "boyfriend" show and the "In Need" show, they were dire, so it will be interesting to see how his presenting skills fare in this new makeover show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Obviously Pete is only presenting the 60 mm makeover and there will be designers on board. He doesnt strike me as being artistic. Claire Sweeney was a dreadful on the show and the blonde actress equally as annoying when she presented it, so he doesnt have a hard act to follow.

When he did the "boyfriend" show and the "In Need" show, they were dire, so it will be interesting to see how his presenting skills fare in this new makeover show.

Ah, that's who it was. I've only ever seen that show a couple of times ages ago and that's who was presenting it at the time. She was dire. The entire show - in practice and as a concept - was dire, more 'done over' than 'make-over'. ;)

Hope it's improved since then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, that's who it was. I've only ever seen that show a couple of times ages ago and that's who was presenting it at the time. She was dire. The entire show - in practice and as a concept - was dire, more 'done over' than 'make-over'. ;)

Hope it's improved since then.

It actually got worse when she left..some woman took over who spoke very posh..sorry don't remember her name... She was awful
This discussion has been closed.