Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    I know this thread is a few years old, now, and the title may have been appropriate at the time, but these days it's hugely unsuitable. Under the present charisma free, competence free, humour free presenter, I don't think it's ever been worse. And judging by so many of the posters attracted to the thread it may as well be renamed "Countdown - so much more suitable for aging pervs nowadays"

Surely there are only so many times you can watch a mentally undressed RR?

And there are far fewer times that you can sit through another of Ms Dents interminable histories of a word.

You could go to the other thread where the clever clogs, "I got a 9 letter word" go.:D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=mel_drew;64147995...
    Surely there are only so many times you can watch a mentally undressed RR?[/QUOTE]

:confused: .........................nope. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member

It's only once a day :D
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel definately makes countdown better,:)
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this thread is a few years old, now, and the title may have been appropriate at the time, but these days it's hugely unsuitable. Under the present charisma free, competence free, humour free presenter, I don't think it's ever been worse. And judging by so many of the posters attracted to the thread it may as well be renamed "Countdown - so much more suitable for aging pervs nowadays"

And there are far fewer times that you can sit through another of Ms Dents interminable histories of a word.

Depends how many times you rewind live pause :)

Although some days she's over dressed.:D
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at least we don't have to listen to the jokes about Jeff being fat and short, any more.:D
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't disagree more. I love Nick's dry throwaway humour, Susie's explanations are fascinating to anyone who is interested in words, and as for Rachel, well, she could have a programme of her own, just standing there, putting numbers on the board!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more. I love Nick's dry throwaway humour, Susie's explanations are fascinating to anyone who is interested in words, and as for Rachel, well, she could have a programme of her own, just standing there, putting numbers on the board!

Too many people are too easily satisfied, these days. It's part of the reason why television is so poor.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many people are too easily satisfied, these days. It's part of the reason why television is so poor.

what would you like to see then, mel?
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed on Nick, he's phoning it in. His style just doesn't suit the show I'm afraid. I fear the Jeff ship has sailed.

Disagree on Susie's OOW bit - nine times out of ten it's interesting and worth the time. She deserves her moment to shine.

Far worse is some of the DC guests who can't muster up two decent stories/anecdotes in a week and drone on - wake me up for the teaser. The meeja types are easily the worst for this (Julia Somerville, Kate Adie, Alastair Stewart). Nick's interaction with them is no less painful. Remember Sir Ranulph Fiennes? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

RR is more demure now so there's a fair bit more mental undressing to do. Don't blame people for getting distracted when the supercontestants are in town, playing them from your sofa is futile unless you happen to practice for hours online and have swallowed a dictionary (or ten). Make sure it's the right one though...the Scrabble one won't help ya.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to that clever, young lad that was on it a week or two ago? Did he make it to octochamp?
  • PetiteshooPetiteshoo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Caught a bit of Countdown for the first time in about 10 years - what's wrong with Susie Dent's eyes? :confused:
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petiteshoo wrote: »
    Caught a bit of Countdown for the first time in about 10 years - what's wrong with Susie Dent's eyes? :confused:

Look at the numbers in your selection, see if you can work out a reason..
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the alien kid will be in the final.:mad:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's FHM Hot 100 time again.

http://www.fhm.com/girls/100-sexiest-women

Multiple voting appears to be correct. Come on folks, let's get Rachel higher up this year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they been dressing poor Rachel as the 'Crabbies Cider' advert woman?
    She's a young girl, not some 50's WRVS member!
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groundhog wrote: »
    It's only once a day :D

quite probably more than that..:):)
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the other day nick seemed to miss "boulders"

as boulders brass

----

and the numbers game

25 50 75 100 5 7 = 808
    (100+5) * 7+ 75 - (50 / 25) = 808

get in!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching now? Quite a contest going on with the score at 68-68! :eek:
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Wish they would get rid of Nick haven't tuned in to many episodes cos I dont like his style. He's a complete bore.
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel`s boobs look absolutely huge today.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching now? Quite a contest going on with the score at 68-68! :eek:

I know a few here are frustrated at the game at this high level, but today's has got to be one of the most evenly matched and joint highest, at 117 each - going right to the wire with the two anagrams! Garbology - the study of garbage. A new one on me! Sorry Chris went though, I was warming to him and he looked marginally less terrified today!
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long has this been broadcast in HD?

I haven't watched for a year or so but might have got back to it sooner if I'd known!
This discussion has been closed.