Nicolas Cage: It Sucks To Be Famous Right Now

StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.sky.com/story/1224104/nicolas-cage-it-sucks-to-be-famous-right-now

He's not complaining but... <lol>

I'm sure his bank balance never complains :D

"What difference does it make if Bill Clinton had an affair - how does that affect his performance as President?"

Because of Morals, and people that are famous are role-models for youngsters

That is why it matters !!

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He raises some good points. I agree with him.. personal life issues are far too often used to attack someones professional work and it's wrong.
  • ChrisTakaChrisTaka Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    He just wants to be grateful he still is after The Wicker man

NO! NOT THE BEES! AAAARRRGGGHHH!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think privacy (or lack of it) is a stressful issue for people in the spotlight. But many of them are also courting the spotlight and playing it to their own advantage as and when it suits. I mean you dance with the devil and he decides when the tune stops.

A lot of celebs shouldn't (imo) be on Twitter, courting controversy where they don't need to, dialling the paps, etc, etc. Maybe Cage doesn't, but dear lawd, plenty do. On the flip side, paps have become more rude and aggressive than ever and PR agency practices now revolve around peoples private lives being more interesting than their work. Purely in order to court a net/social media market audience (and probable income stream, and which didn't exist years ago).

I don't think there's one easy answer. It's big business to poke your nose into celebrities biz nowadays. There's an entire industry based on it. What hurts him at the same time puts food on other peoples tables. :(
  • Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure his bank balance never complains :D

I think you'll find his bank balance has complained considerably.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    His bank balance ain't what it used to be.

Buying dinosaur skulls will do that to you.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand actors not wanting constant press intrusion into their private lives, after all acting is a job (albeit a rather privileged one).

This is not the same for 'reality TV type celebs' who live by their every move being reported in the media. They have to take the good with the bad if that's how they earn their living.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get how he can go from Leaving Las Vegas to the shite he's been in after. He showed good promise in the 90's but think the lifestyle got to him.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I can understand actors not wanting constant press intrusion into their private lives, after all acting is a job (albeit a rather privileged one).

This is not the same for 'reality TV type celebs' who live by their every move being reported in the media. They have to take the good with the bad if that's how they earn their living.

They can't expect to be well known film stars and then be able to live as normal people. I agree that they just have to put up with the attention that they get from the press and what not. Sometimes film stars can start getting arrogant and bigheaded the more money they get.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

100% agree. Actors are just someone doing a job and, unless they court publicty, why shouldn't they be able to live a relatively private life?

Most reality tv types have the paps on speed dial and set up the majority of their own publicity whilst pretending not to see the man pointing an camera in their face
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    100% agree. Actors are just someone doing a job and, unless they court publicty, why shouldn't they be able to live a relatively private life?

Most reality tv types have the paps on speed dial and set up the majority of their own publicity whilst pretending not to see the man pointing an camera in their face

So you missed the last line of their post then?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    So you missed the last line of their post then?

Sorry but what? I think maybe you've missed their point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A constant eye should always be kept over those who seek wealth and power.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could always stop and do something else. No such thing as a job for life for most people. I am sure lack of privacy, the rise of celebrities with no discernible talent must be annoying, but hey, he could be a cleaner on the minimum wage, or a road sweeper, or work in an abattoir. Pretending to be someone else for money isn't a bad job and all the annoying add ons like lack of privacy are the equivalent of trying to get blood out of your apron. I know what I would choose.