skyisthebestskyisthebest Posts: 4,383
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good find!

Interesting how it will not be available in non ITV plc regions. This doc could be read as sky only, but I can't see ITV launching a +1 unless on all platforms.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would actually be useful...

..if it was also in Scotland so they could get around the STV blocking new ITV programmes policy.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they really think this is necessary (and personally I don't) I just hope they sort out all the rights issues so we're not left with 'programme can't be shown for legal reasons' captions for most of the day! What about live football? Are they going to be rebroadcasting Champions League matches one hour later? And This Morning etc will obviously have to have a 'this is a recorded programme,do not phone in' type caption.

Can't see the point of it myself,they'd do better to try and improve the existing programming rather than waste money putting on more repeats of the crap they show now! If they repeat The X-Factor and the results programmes on ITV2 at least twice,do we really need another showing on this new channel?

Edit,in reply to above post,presumably Scottish viewers could add it through other channels?
  • pjcd1970pjcd1970 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmag wrote: »
    This doc could be read as sky only
    Not really.......

"From October 1st, the channel(s) will be broadcast on the Digital Satellite and Digital Cable (Virgin Media) platforms. Broadcast hours will be between 10:25 - 07:00 (20.5 hours). "
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    markmag wrote: »
    Good find!

Interesting how it will not be available in non ITV plc regions. This doc could be read as sky only, but I can't see ITV launching a +1 unless on all platforms.
    I would assume it's Sky, Freesat and Virgin Media
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How will they fit it in on the existing spot beam unless this means the end of the ITV regions and the start of what the press release calls "Macro" regions.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what number on the EPG this will be? All of the early numbers seem to be taken I think?
  • SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    It would actually be useful...

..if it was also in Scotland so they could get around the STV blocking new ITV programmes policy.

Do viewers in Scotland not still get ITV1 London in the 900s for Audio Description purposes?
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually know if the channel will be on Freesat? On the word doc it just said Satellite but that could just mean Sky.
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be odd if it wasn't on the freesat epg.
  • The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 20,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    What about live football? Are they going to be rebroadcasting Champions League matches one hour later?

I don't recall whether it was actually Champions League or some other competition, but ITV4 have previously repeated live football an hour later on ITV4 +1 without issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    makes no odds putting this on, it will be repeated anyway, halfthe programmes on itv these days are repeats, and there are more ads than ever before.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised there doesn't appear to be any plans to carry this on Freeview. Surely it would be of more value than ITV2+1.

But apart from that this news is very unsurprising. The only surprising aspect is how long it has taken them considering C4 have had a timeshift for over 2 years now and to great success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Where will the space on Astra 2D for freesat come from? They almost need a whole transponder for those six channels! IMO the space should be better used by C4 HD...
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for an "Insincere Dave" moment...

This is just what the world of television desperately needs!!!!

/Insincere Dave
  • 83ray183ray1 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well - thats it then. The final nail in the coffin for regional TV. Who would have thought we'd take such a step backwards....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d98ewqQMiHQ
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I'm surprised there doesn't appear to be any plans to carry this on Freeview. Surely it would be of more value than ITV2+1.

But apart from that this news is very unsurprising. The only surprising aspect is how long it has taken them considering C4 have had a timeshift for over 2 years now and to great success.
    I'm not sure if this is right but this may be because ITV2+1 isn't on a mux that allows regional versions which is what ITV1+1 needs. Though I could be totally wrong!

I'm surprised they're not selling ad space nationally like they would a multichannel. My guess is that it will rate higher than most other multichannels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know why GMTV wont be included?

[Edit: I don't actually watch GMTV, I was just confused as to why it wasn't going to be shown on +1]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because GMTV is not very good or very interesting. :)

In all seriousness it's probably just because GMTV is technically a different company with a different franchise. If GMTV wish to make arrangements to launch a timeshift channel then that's up to them, but it's not up to ITV to do it for them.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know why GMTV wont be included?

Technically a separate franchise to ITV, of which Disney still own 25%. I don't think they broadcast the GMTV Kids output on ITV4+1 either.
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HELLO

You know we DO watch tv up here in Scotland :mad:

STV biggest bunch of jokers :mad:

Yes I do know I have Sky and can watch on 993 but not all of us have Sky or Freeview :)
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    dammit I was gonna post this but I couldn't figure out where it should go

I get the press release from AGB, as well as updating the BARB website each Weds

anyway unlucky Scots, Norn Irish and Jersey/Guernsey lot

oh and us Freeviewers :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    MoDingle wrote: »
    HELLO

You know we DO watch tv up here in Scotland :mad:

STV biggest bunch of jokers :mad:

Yes I do know I have Sky and can watch on 993 but not all of us have Sky or Freeview :)

Well everyone will have to have it soon or they wont have TV, digital switch over not far off!
  • BillKayBillKay Posts: 6,215
    Forum Member
    How will they handle regional news/progs on ITV1+1, with less regions than ITV1?
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well everyone will have to have it soon or they wont have TV, digital switch over not far off!

I have been down the Freeview route and I cannot receive it at the moment due to poor signal strength - have been told even if I purchase new expensive ariel I cannot be guaranteed a service - this will have to change significantly before switchover or something like Freesat is going to be the only choice - and then we have the problem of planning permission to fit a dish - the joys :):)