Saints Row 4 banned in Australia !

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
Forum Member
✭✭
Saint’s Row 4, an open-world action adventure video game expected to sell millions around the world, has been refused classification by the Australian Classification Board (ACB), meaning it cannot be sold in retail stores in Australia.

The ACB decision marks the first time a video game has been refused classification under new guidelines which include an R18+ option.

I feel sorry for the Australian gamers as this game looks great. Thankfully in the UK we will be getting it. :D

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a bloody stupid game anyway. I'm sure the aussies will get by somehow.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct decision. Allow this and before you know it you'll have kids walking round beating people to death with dildos.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    I thought it sounded like good fun. Aliens and all that. It's so far into the realms of fantasy, how's it going to influence anybody?
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interested to know what the unjustified sexual violence refers to. Beyond that I care little, awful games.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is just sad, i guess Australians will be importing a lot from this point on then.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    The thought of a dubstep gun made those Australians cave in faster than the English cricket team ever could.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and i thought our country was bad. Bloody moralists and do-gooders!

Don't think the Saints Row games are amazing but they are ok for a bit of a laugh, if you can get them cheap.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, from the nation that gave us Neighbours.

Could it be any worse than in SR3, running around in the nude, flashing pedestrians and beating them to death with 2ft long rubber dildo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Saints Row games cos they are pretty stupid and unrealistic. I thought SR2 and 3 were better then GTA 4 by far. Australia will end up with a watered down version of SR4
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for sure Saints Row 3 should have been banned for quality control reasons.But in reality what will this achive
    if you have a PS3 its region free so simple to buy the game on the US ebay site and get it posted to aussieland
    80's style censorship just dont work nowadays
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea how bad the content really is but my opinion wouldn't change with that information

There should be no banning something, the limit should be 18, when you are an adult you are old enough to make your own decision, so why in any country do we need to board of people to tell us

''even though you have matured fully and can understand the difference between reality and fantasy, we have deemed you are not allowed to experience this because we said so''

When i game has a logo on the front and the age is 18, that very second it becomes the responsibility of anyone over that age to ensure no child plays, unless the adult feels like child is mature enough

We do not need a white knight to protect us. nor do we need any form of censorship that bans things, because a particular person finds it to much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I've no idea how bad the content really is but my opinion wouldn't change with that information

There should be no banning something, the limit should be 18, when you are an adult you are old enough to make your own decision, so why in any country do we need to board of people to tell us

''even though you have matured fully and can understand the difference between reality and fantasy, we have deemed you are not allowed to experience this because we said so''

When i game has a logo on the front and the age is 18, that very second it becomes the responsibility of anyone over that age to ensure no child plays, unless the adult feels like child is mature enough

We do not need a white knight to protect us. nor do we need any form of censorship that bans things, because a particular person finds it to much

Totally agree but the problem is parents who allow their 12 year old kids to play 18 rated games
    i guess the media rating board in australia have taken this into consideration and there will be
    far more games now refused classification in otherwords banned GTA V has no chance of a release
    now over there
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Stupid idea, but great free marketing, this will ensure massive sales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid idea, but great free marketing, this will ensure massive sales.
    Well it might be tricky since the game is banned :p all joking aside you would have to import it
    after playing it cant be sold on legally in the country you live in so no doubt you'd have to pay for
    costly international post when selling it on
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says retail stores. Does that mean they could still get it from an online seller?
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to the Aussies come GTA V!

Bad decision. I hope the UK never goes that far with it's nannying.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    Well it might be tricky since the game is banned :p all joking aside you would have to import it
    after playing it cant be sold on legally in the country you live in so no doubt you'd have to pay for

I believe a lot of the online stores ship from NZ - at least they did back before they had an 18+ rating and a ton of games were being banned. Germany and Austria have a similar deal.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im pretty sure you can't import it either. Years ago I bought a copy of Vice City on behalf on a friend in Australia (he sent me the money because although vice city was released in Australia it was a censored version where as the UK one was uncut)

Anyway after I sent it Australian customs seized it and sent him a letter saying he couldn't have it.
  • thelukestar619thelukestar619 Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austrilla banns everything, this is nothing new. You can even get fined for bringing in mortal komabt they fine you then destory, fair enough one of the characters Sheeva takes over Austrilla in her story, but you don't need to get so pissy about it.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Im pretty sure you can't import it either. Years ago I bought a copy of Vice City on behalf on a friend in Australia (he sent me the money because although vice city was released in Australia it was a censored version where as the UK one was uncut)

Anyway after I sent it Australian customs seized it and sent him a letter saying he couldn't have it.

I would just buy a cheap boxset of any random TV series and put the game disc inside one of the slots. It would stand a much better way of not getting seized that way.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested to know what the unjustified sexual violence refers to. Beyond that I care little, awful games.

Alien anal probing, and drug use.

Australia will be getting an edited version of the game, with one side mission and one weapon removed.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i think games like this need to be bought online using a debit card or something along those lines.

I dont think its fair that somebody else decides what you can and cant play (18+)
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree but the problem is parents who allow their 12 year old kids to play 18 rated games
    i guess the media rating board in australia have taken this into consideration and there will be
    far more games now refused classification in otherwords banned GTA V has no chance of a release
    now over there

Very true, when I went to the midnight launch for Black Ops (yeah yeah I know :P) the women in front was buying it for her son who was with her, he was about 7 at a guess. Some people really do lack any sense, it said 18 right on the box, same as the video certificate.

OT: Australia and Germany ALWAYS have issues with games, those two countries are notorious for it. But of course the overall pattern for all media being certified the world over is hyper violence and racist xenophobic slurs are fine, but dont you DARE include sexual content. Like GTA San Andreas, everything was fine in the murder simulator (a great one though) until a poorly pixeled nipple showed up and then all of a sudden it was too far. Anything sexual ALWAYS strikes the alarm bells, more so in gaming (with an odd leaning towards sexualised young girls is fine)
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Interested to know what the unjustified sexual violence refers to.

A dildo shaped anal probe as a weapon.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Good luck to the Aussies come GTA V!

Bad decision. I hope the UK never goes that far with it's nannying.

One of my Aussie mates seems to think GTA V will be fine.

..dat hipocracy.