The Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4: Task Announcement Thread

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, I think it is a brutal elimination as someone who knows how hard both of them have tried and how brilliant they can be, it is really sad. I really do not know who is going to go or who deserves to go for that matter if based on overall performance now. This must be such a hard decision for Lord Sugar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I think it is a brutal elimination as someone who knows how hard both of them have tried and how brilliant they can be, it is really sad. I really do not know who is going to go or who deserves to go for that matter if based on overall performance now. This must be such a hard decision for Lord Sugar.

Its a coin toss but I think he's still mulling over firing Stacey. so could the coin land on it's side?
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Aptitude :) this is your 3rd (or is it 4th) win now.

Although, with there now being only 3 members on Inspired, all of them have to be in the BR surely? I think Roxie's safe, but either of the other 2 could go. Unless Niall decides to fire Stacey instead, even if she technically was on the winning team? (Haven't seen her mentioned so I presume she's not been around again)

I really liked both ideas and well done to all the winning team. I do think firing Stacey would be a huge cop out. At the end of the day the 3 in the losing team didn't change their initial idea and in Lord Sugar's eyes the other team performed better. It'd be totally unfair to fire someone in the winning team and not fire someone in the losing team when those three created essentially the losing idea. It's a shame because all three have contributed a lot to the process. Out of the 3 in the boardroom I really can't see Shadi going. :kitty:

Edit: Oh Roxie's been saved, well done. :)
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I really liked both ideas and well done to all the winning team. I do think firing Stacey would be a huge cop out. At the end of the day the 3 in the losing team didn't change their initial idea and in Lord Sugar's eyes the other team performed better. It'd be totally unfair to fire someone in the winning team and not fire someone in the losing team when those three created essentially the losing idea. It's a shame because all three have contributed a lot to the process. Out of the 3 in the boardroom I really can't see Shadi going. :kitty:

Edit: Oh Roxie's been saved, well done. :)

I think it would be a cop-out as well, if he was going to do it then he would have done it by now. Also, if he does that now, it would look as though he was listening to George which may undermine his authority (purely hypothetical Niall, please no drama this time :p )

Well done Roxie :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be a cop-out as well, if he was going to do it then he would have done it by now. Also, if he does that now, it would look as though he was listening to George which may undermine his authority (purely hypothetical Niall, please no drama this time :p )

I think firing no one would also be a huge cop-out too. :blush: At the end of the day whilst all three contributed a lot to both this task and throughout the series the game is someone gets fired, Zak quit but the three candidates continued with the idea and never changed it to something different. Whilst I personally think their film idea was strong if Lord Sugar feels the idea wasn't great and those three ended up using it as the end result someone should be fired. :kitty:
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - When I read George's paragraph on that I did think to myself that he may have just killed any intent that Niall may have had to fire Stacey / no-one. We'll see though, and hopefully soon - this boardroom feels like its been going on forever...
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, George has practically just asked to be fired :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right decision IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Right decision IMO.

Yup and I think he's about to fire Stacey for prolonged inactivity. Well done both George and Shadi.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Right decision! They both survived! <3

Yeah I agree with Lord Sugar completely. I was also disappointed in Zak too for doing that to us too as he picked the most crucial night of all to quit on. I understand personal circumstances as it has happened to me a few times during this process but if you've entered into the process you need to at least either give your team mates notice or help them till the end. He was great on the first day and contributed a lot, so he was actually doing a good job. I think he should have stuck at it at least until today. I do still wish him the best with whatever his problems were though but he shouldn't do that to people. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another right decision there from Niall.

Fairest thing to do all round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right decision! They both survived! <3

Yeah I agree with Lord Sugar completely. I was also disappointed in Zak too for doing that to us too as he picked the most crucial night of all to quit on. I understand personal circumstances as it has happened to me a few times during this process but if you've entered into the process you need to at least either give your team mates notice or help them till the end. He was great on the first day and contributed a lot, so he was actually doing a good job. I think he should have stuck at it at least until today. I do still wish him the best with whatever his problems were though but he shouldn't do that to people. :/

To be fair though personal life takes priority over a forum game. If something has happened in your life to the point you can't commit to a game what's the point in continuing? Zak quitting allowed his whole team to survive so they shouldn't be upset over it. I'm not sure what he's going through nor is it my place to speculate but I still feel he was right to quit if circumstances in his personal life have affected the game as personal life should take priority.

Well done to all the candidates for surviving the boardroom. :D

Edit: Never mind spoke too soon, sorry to see you go Stacey. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    That was intense! Glad I made it through. Congrats team Aptitude btw!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right decision to fire Stacey for inactivity. :)
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to further justify my decisions.

I do think it would have been really unfair to have fired either Shadi or George when neither would be in that position had Zak not quit. I hadn't actually decided whether I was going to fire someone or not but they both put up great defences and I honestly think losing either of them at this point would have been a terrible position, the loss of their PM mid task would have already put them in a detrimental position and that shouldn't have been worsened further.

In terms of Stacey, honestly I just think there's no point keeping her in as she clearly wasn't going to show up again, and it was ridiculous that I was having to fire capable candidates who actually put in work over her. It would have just made it boring when her team eventually did lose, as it would have been so obvious she would be instantly firing.

I do want to emphasise that I strongly hope none of you decide to quit in the future of this game, but if anything comes up and there's no way to avoid it then please discuss it with me before hastily writing it on the thread, and we'll try and sort out the best way to do things :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame you for doing that, it was right to do so.

So we're down to the final seven...I have to be honest, I didn't expect to make it this far.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right decision to fire Stacey, only fair. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I do think it's pointless to have a boardroom for nearly three and a half hours only to fire no one from the losing team and someone from the winning team instead, I do understand and see why you made your decision.

It's a shame to see you go though Stacey even though you didn't contribute in the latest three tasks I think you were a strong candidate int he first task who showed lots of promise. I think both teams had strong ideas in this in my opinion very difficult task. Good luck with the next task candidates and I'm enjoying being a viewer of the series. :)
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I don't blame you for doing that, it was right to do so.

So we're down to the final seven...I have to be honest, I didn't expect to make it this far.
    Have some confidence and belief in yourself! :)
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Thank you for letting me stay, Lord Sugar! I can't believe I almost talked myself into being fired. I honestly thought about deleting that as soon as I'd said it. But I just thought that if Shadi had been fired over me because of what I'd said about keeping emotions in check, I'd feel absolutely awful about myself, and I wouldn't be satisfied at all with wherever I got in this process.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Have some confidence and belief in yourself! :)

I sure will now that I've made it this far. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To accomodate candidate's schedules there will be a short break between the next two tasks. The next task will be posted on the 2nd of August, I realise that this is a long way away but hopefully you all enjoy the break as it has been pretty intense and there hasn't been much of a break between tasks so far!

Candidates should also get feedback posted by advisor's in this thread soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great, thanks for giving us the long break. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    That's great, thanks for giving us the long break. :D

Yes thanks for that hopefully I'll have a little less on by that point and be able to contribute even more than I have already :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say before but also a big thank you to David for stepping in as a guest advisor this week and has been brilliant! :D