Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    *sigh* Joel/Theresa :yawn:
    Pointless, pathetic love triangle :rolleyes:

Mercedes all of a sudden sturggling to cope after Silas, pushing Riley and her son away, and ashamed of the 'prostition'? Why now? We needed to see Mercedes and the McQueen clan dealing with Mercedes giving Bobby away when it happened, i.e. seeing Jacqui going off on one, Myra going mad and everyone wondering why? But there was no immediate reaction from it, because the teens took priority!

I did like Myra being there for Mercedes though and found Myra's "I just don't know what to do to help" line really difficult to watch. Myra just feels helpless and I felt for Mercedes for feeling how she did with the whole "I wish Silas killed me" and for Myra feeling helpless and I just empathise with Merecedes, despite her wallowing in self pity. Sometimes it's not so easy to keep that guard up.

Brendan plotting against Joel and trying to get him arrested had me more than half watching, but nothing came of it. Pointless.

No post credit scene and the announcer say the "Jono/Ruby blah blah blah..." - Stop saying that when they aren't even in the flipping episode!!

All in all disappointed!

I agree entirely especially the BIB.
    Is there supposed to be a web site where we can follow the wonderful romance of Ruby and Jono, if so I must rush and take a peek :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up on the C4 episode on 4od!

I quite liked the Mitzeee/Joel scenes, they're quite interesting and well-written, to say the least. Loved the Britzeee scene, Mitzeee would be great with a share in the club and I also think she'd make a good moll. Well she sorta already was :p

I would much rather Theresa/Joel than Theresa/Will! Jorgie Porter said in her most recent interview she wants Theresa to get back with Will but I completely disagree with this! They're boring, had no chemistry, have no irony in being an 'unlikely couple' and he didn't treat her right the first time round!

Poor Cheryl :( Felt rather sorry for her.

This Scott/Annalise thing was/is good but I think they should be more refreshing in the "Scott glances at Annalise" scenes, it's probably mainly because we don't see them for months so then they have to slowly explain it to us again before starting it.

QUOTE=Dare Devil;56591988]
    Blazing - I think I remember that scene too. It was only short but outside near the steps and Price Slice with Callum (and Maddie in teh background, or there somewhere). I'm sure that was the scene? She doesn't look like she'd listen to Beiber though and isn't only12 year olds that listen to him?[/QUOTE]

This is late but I saw it tonight in my catch up! I'm not sure, the scene I remember is in the student halls because she was moaning about home life when Rob offered her his room, but your scene rings a bell too, she definitely has mentioned her sister more than once so you could be right too.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of news for omnibus fans. Thanks to C4's decision to launch Sunday Brunch (a rebranded version of Something for the Weekend) T4 Sunday - and hence the Hollyoaks omnibus - will be moved to E4 later this year.
  • Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Brendan has bigger fish to fry and is over Ste and visa versa. Ally has a secret ??? - I hope he is married with 20 kids :D:D:D

I don't think Brendan is over Ste and neither is Ste over Brendan.
    After all they've been through HO would be very silly to leave it just like this, then again all Emma Smithwick is interested in is the teens :rolleyes:
    As for Ally who cares if he has 20 kids, is gay or straight... as long as he stays away from Ste :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rewatched some of the lead up to fright night and fright night yesterday and then this morning. Fright night deserves to win best episode, its probably the only episode of a soap i've watched more than one or twice. Heidi's death still gives me chills. I think the fall out is awful but it shows even more when i rewatched some of the episodes. Lynsey getting told she is mad by everyone especially Cheryl her bestfriend and the scene in the club where she got the microphone and then got laughed at were good at the time but then hardly anyone apologised to her which is ridiculous. I still found the scene in which Lynsey told Theresa she's a **** and deserves to die hilarious:D.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    A bit of news for omnibus fans. Thanks to C4's decision to launch Sunday Brunch (a rebranded version of Something for the Weekend) T4 Sunday - and hence the Hollyoaks omnibus - will be moved to E4 later this year.

It already is on E4 on Saturdays? So there's going to be 2 omnibus' on E4, one on Saturday and one on Sunday? But no C4 omnibus?
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It already is on E4 on Saturdays? So there's going to be 2 omnibus' on E4, one on Saturday and one on Sunday? But no C4 omnibus?

but the Hollyoaks Omnibus on a Sunday morning on Channel 4 is a staple of student-dom!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the upcoming McQueen stuff, maybe this will actually be some much needed character developement for Mercedes? Or another empty promise like the past 3 times!
    but the Hollyoaks Omnibus on a Sunday morning on Channel 4 is a staple of student-dom!

I'm really confused as to what's going on then? Why move it to E4 when E4 already has an omnibus? Having 2 E4 omnibuses to me is pointless, or am I missing something :confused:
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member

I'm really confused as to what's going on then? Why move it to E4 when E4 already has an omnibus? Having 2 E4 omnibuses to me is pointless, or am I missing something :confused:

The current e4 one isn't in sign language, so they may be moving the current version on Channel to e4.

To be honest the Sunday Ominbus edition gets no where near the same amount of viewers it use to, and takes up a fair chunk of Channel 4's morning time slot they can move other more sucessful programmes into.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Well finally caught up on Hollyoaks. Loved the wedding and all that lead up to it. The teens did kinda ruin the episode a bit. I'm not all too keen on Johno and Ruby but at least their scenes in the episode suited the mood and I know people like them so I didn't mind that so much.

What annoyed me was they had this beautiful moment where Nancy turned up looking beautiful and you could feel the love from her and Darren and she was walking down the aisle with Charlie it was just so lovely :cry: then cut to a random scene with Sinead being a mardy cow! Just completely ruined the mood.

I'm glad they've got a Charlie that talks now and an actor that's actually his age. He seemed to be stuck at three years old forever!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. I particularly liked the week before centring on George and Phoebe. I know Callum helped George find Phoebe but they only found her bracelet. anyone know if anything else happened? Not sure if I missed something. if that's it is George living full time with Callum now?

Nobody seems to have mentioned it again :confused: Also anyone know if Phoebe is going to return and what her relationship with George was?

Sorry, lots of questions. Can't tell if I'm missing chunks of the show or if they just haven't filled us in on these things.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    I can see the Scott/ Annalise developing like this...

They get close again
    Then Scott distances himself from her and he starts to go out with Cheryl
    Then they get close again + sleep together
    They both realise they're better off as friends + go back to their respective partners.
    However it then all comes out at a later date
    cue upset Cheryl + Angry Rob
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Brendan is over Ste and neither is Ste over Brendan.
    After all they've been through HO would be very silly to leave it just like this, then again all Emma Smithwick is interested in is the teens :rolleyes:

yeah I agree, it'd be wrong to just drop it. That storyline needs a conclusion one way or another, they can't just leave it where it is. There's been an awful lot of viewers who have invested their time and attention to that pairing, far more than any of those damn teen romances have recieved :rolleyes:

I don't care about Ally, but it'd be boring to turn him into another Noah so I hope he's straight
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iShum wrote: »
    yeah I agree, it'd be wrong to just drop it. That storyline needs a conclusion one way or another, they can't just leave it where it is. There's been an awful lot of viewers who have invested their time and attention to that pairing, far more than any of those damn teen romances have recieved :rolleyes:

I don't care about Ally, but it'd be boring to turn him into another Noah so I hope he's straight

What would be a conclusion though? You could say them being finished with each other is a conclusion. Moving on with other people might be a conclusion as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, they could go whatever way they want too but it doesn't seem final enough at the moment

maybe them moving on would be enough but we've had the whole Noah thing before so they'd have to make it clear that was actually it this time otherwise people are always gonna hold out on that pairing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. I particularly liked the week before centring on George and Phoebe. I know Callum helped George find Phoebe but they only found her bracelet. anyone know if anything else happened? Not sure if I missed something. if that's it is George living full time with Callum now?

Nobody seems to have mentioned it again :confused:Also anyone know if Phoebe is going to return and what her relationship with George was?

Sorry, lots of questions. Can't tell if I'm missing chunks of the show or if they just haven't filled us in on these things.
    The actress who plays her was filming with Callum the other day so she is returning.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    D4nny22 wrote: »
    The actress who plays her was filming with Callum the other day so she is returning.

• BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was before they started moving it earlier and earlier and earlier. Hopefully on E4 it'll end up back around 10am - though I wouldn't be surprised if they ditch the Saturday airing.
  • Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iShum wrote: »

Yip, they are definitely a much more interesting couple then any of the teen romances that are going on.
    But it depends what the HO ppl want to write and Emma Smithwick seems hell bent on shoving the teens down our throats :rolleyes:
    To the me the Ally thing is just gonna be a re-run of Noah but this time they think it will be accepted because he's supposedly good looking (not a patch on Brendan but I guess some ppl would find him attractive :p)
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I only started watching HO properly again recently after watching it on/off for months. I remember hating Ruby but she seems to be a nice character now and I actually like her. Did something happen to stop her being such an awful character (she still might be for some) or did it just happen overnight?
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    I only started watching HO properly again recently after watching it on/off for months. I remember hating Ruby but she seems to be a nice character now and I actually like her. Did something happen to stop her being such an awful character (she still might be for some) or did it just happen overnight?

Pretty much just had a personality transplant. To be fair she was vaguely improving the last time we saw her but she hasn't really had a storyline for months before the one she's got now so I guess her improvement happened off screen. Personally I prefered her before, can't bare all this sugary sweetness.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »

Basically Ruby became more likeable as they brought in an even worse character in Maddie and turned Sinead into a complete irratating bitch.

So really its just the others have become worse than her :D
    Forum Member
    What a fantastic performance by Jorgie again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a fantastic performance by Jorgie again!

Best of the night so far (as per), but there were a lot of timing issues and issues with some of the skills, but all in all a good routine that was exciting to watch and actually more than half of my attention!
    Forum Member
    Best of the night so far (as per), but there were a lot of timing issues and issues with some of the skills, but all in all a good routine that was exciting to watch and actually more than half of my attention!

Yeah, she did seem ahead of her partner a few times but that last few tricks were so impressive. James Atherton there again to support her, nice to see. I think I spotted Gemma Merna too.
This discussion has been closed.