Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DLT's been arrested and re-bailed on new charges (from the 70s/80s).

Story here.
    Dave Lee Travis, the ex-Radio 1 DJ and Top of the Pops presenter, has been arrested over further claims of sexual offences, Scotland Yard has confirmed.

Mr Travis, of Mentmore, Bucks, was arrested on Monday after answering bail following his first arrest in November 2012 as part of Operation Yewtree.

He has been bailed to return in April.

His arrest comes after a senior Crown prosecutor said a number of "significant" arrests are planned of people suspected of sexual abuse.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I thought capital punishment, at least in schools, wasn't outlawed until the early 1980s?.

:D Love this, gave me a good chuckle yesterday. :D

Dear Mrs Smith,

We will be executing young Johnny tomorrow at Assembly as he has been late on 17 separate occasions, each time failing to provide a valid excuse.

Please make sure he is wearing full uniform. And can you also make sure he's on time.

Yours sincerely,
    The Headmaster
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    False Rape Reporting: Women's Groups Urge Complaints Over 'Appalling' BBC Newsbeat story
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/13/false-rape-reporting-wome_n_2866128.html

ITV video reports of the HMIP report
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2013-03-11/jimmy-savile-police-investigation/
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It really is. It's like a soap opera now, the media spinning it out with cliffhanger 'promises'. Stay tuned!!!!!

What a joke
    Yes, and it's really tasteless as well. Over and over again we keep reading the same headlines about 'significant' arrests about to be made and nothing happens. It demeans the whole process of getting justice for the abused. Meanwhile, it gives everyone time to warn everyone else and to get things cleaned up or removed. There should be a ban on this kind of reporting because it actually reports nothing and it's not 'news' anymore. It's old!
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    DLT's been arrested and re-bailed on new charges (from the 70s/80s).

Story here.

Just seen him on the news looking all victimised but I for one think his previous behaviour was inappropriate at best. He was not the victim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLT reading a statement on Sky News. Emphasising he hasn't been charged with anything.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A senior prosecutor says "significant" arrests are being planned in the coming weeks of people suspected of sexual abuse".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21772529

Hmmm. This is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. Significant arrests? Coming weeks? I had to check the date of the article because I thought it was months old!

Yes, there seemed to be quite a bit of talk about impending arrests around January time I think but nothing seemed to happen? perhaps they were poised to make arrests and then realised that any potential evidence was flawed? if so, then its just as well they didn't go ahead but thats obviously just a theory. I'd rather there weren't tip offs about this sort of thing, like people have said - I wonder if they do it in hopes of appeasing people feeling very frustrated that so little was done in the past?.

Also I heard that nowadays the police can be heavily fined if their found to have talked about cases to journalists/the press. I imagine thats why its usually worded as 'a source has told us' rather than revealing who it is...
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I know some schools were stricter than others but I dont think they were hanging their students :D

Hah, I hope not! me and my big mouth - sorry :o
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D Love this, gave me a good chuckle yesterday. :D

Dear Mrs Smith,

We will be executing young Johnny tomorrow at Assembly as he has been late on 17 separate occasions, each time failing to provide a valid excuse.

Please make sure he is wearing full uniform. And can you also make sure he's on time.

Yours sincerely,
    The Headmaster

:eek: they started cracking down on late attendance at my Secondary school toward the end of my time there but they didn't go quite that far :D maybe if The Demon Headmaster ran it then that might be different! ( speaking of that show, said headmaster used to wear those round sunglasses JS was famous for wearing but thats probably a total coincidence lol see:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNvonmzf8fk )
    Yes, and it's really tasteless as well. Over and over again we keep reading the same headlines about 'significant' arrests about to be made and nothing happens. It demeans the whole process of getting justice for the abused. Meanwhile, it gives everyone time to warn everyone else and to get things cleaned up or removed. There should be a ban on this kind of reporting because it actually reports nothing and it's not 'news' anymore. It's old!

It makes things worse if people expect to see things happen and it doesn't. News is usually when something happens, not that it may happen?.
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    It makes things worse if people expect to see things happen and it doesn't.
    News is usually when something happens, not that it may happen?.
    Exactly. It's like crying wolf. After numerous claims that 'significant arrests are about to be made within weeks' without any significant arrests being made at all, people start losing faith that anything will be done at all. It's just to keep us thinking they're still working on it. Wait till some significant arrests are actually made, without any pre-warning, and then print it. What happened to the imminent arrests of political figures?? How long ago was that? I feel there's still an awful lot of covering up going on. Who knows, perhaps some of the people 'investigating' are covering up because they too are guilty of something. With revelations coming out almost daily about perverts in high places, nothing would surprise me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to find out what Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, the new Pope Francis I's track record of abuse in the Catholic church is.
    Can't find anything. He seems not to have been tainted with abuse scandals. Perhaps that's why they chose him?
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just reading this link and when I was a kid I remember my mum used to like to watch Billy Cotton show. I remember Russ Conway who played the piano every week on the show and singer Alan Breeze. I'm really shocked by what I read there about Alan Breeze and the 7yr old boy.
    I remember hearing as I got older and could understand what was being said that there were rumours about both Billy Cotton and Russ Conway being homosexuals.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. It's like crying wolf. After numerous claims that 'significant arrests are about to be made within weeks' without any significant arrests being made at all, people start losing faith that anything will be done at all. It's just to keep us thinking they're still working on it. Wait till some significant arrests are actually made, without any pre-warning, and then print it. What happened to the imminent arrests of political figures?? How long ago was that? I feel there's still an awful lot of covering up going on. Who knows, perhaps some of the people 'investigating' are covering up because they too are guilty of something. With revelations coming out almost daily about perverts in high places, nothing would surprise me.

Thats why, like inquirer64 says, an independent inquiry would be a good idea.

The most depressing thing I've heard as of late was yesterday when they talked to someone on behalf of ACPO on BBC Breakfast and they said that they couldn't guarantee that the same thing won't happen again - he said their working on tightening up the system but there's still issues when it comes to sharing intelligence between different police forces. That really gives you faith in the system, doesn't it?.
    Trying to find out what Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, the new Pope Francis I's track record of abuse in the Catholic church is.
    Can't find anything. He seems not to have been tainted with abuse scandals. Perhaps that's why they chose him?

I'd heard one of their main aims was to pick somebody who didn't have any links to any of the Catholic abuse accusations, for obvious reasons, so yes I reckon so.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading this link and when I was a kid I remember my mum used to like to watch Billy Cotton show. I remember Russ Conway who played the piano every week on the show and singer Alan Breeze. I'm really shocked by what I read there about Alan Breeze and the 7yr old boy.
    I remember hearing as I got older and could understand what was being said that there were rumours about both Billy Cotton and Russ Conway being homosexuals.

I believe Russ Conway at least was gay but either way it doesn't matter. I think we need to bear in mind that homosexuality could not be acknowledged openly in that era and that homosexuality itself is not a crime nowadays. :)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Abuse-free maybe but still a homophobe. So much for drawing a line under the past and moving forward in a gentler and more enlightened way, eh. Same old same old. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://mtadier.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/keir-starmer-dean-and-jersey-abuse.html
    Shows how much the lobbyists got added to the Terms of Reference for the Jersey Committee of Inquiry.

After Savile? seminar held by the Telegraph & the NSPCC yesterday
    http://storify.com/nspcc/child-protection-where-do-we-go-from-here
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Scarborough. Jersey. Summer shows resoectively at Spa theatre and Swansons hotel. 1982-85.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarborough. Jersey. Summer shows resoectively at Spa theatre and Swansons hotel. 1982-85.

Yes, you mentioned this before.
    Could you enlighten us as to what went on?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a tragedy and set back for DLT. I was hoping it would be cleared up by now and he's back on Magic. It does seem he's a long way from doing. Magic management have kept the door open for him, but wonder how long for? There is a mention more high profile names could be arrested over the coming weeks/ months again..
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    This is a tragedy and set back for DLT.

You know he's innocent for a fact, do you?
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Bachelor Boy will be getting a knock at the door soon? He's recently returned to the UK after spending the winter abroad.

A knock at his back door? :D:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    A knock at his back door? :D:D

Perhaps they'll come and break it in, and have him face-down!
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know he's innocent for a fact, do you?

We know for a fact that he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, in a British court anyway.
This discussion has been closed.