Continuum

Just noticed this on the EPG next friday night. Just wondering if anyone has watched it and if its any good?

Comments

• MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a repeat of season 1 and is well worth watching.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed this on the EPG next friday night. Just wondering if anyone has watched it and if its any good?

Many people here have watched it ;)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1664164&highlight=continuum

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1722941&highlight=continuum
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 2 starts on 22nd April (US pace)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    fenlander wrote: »
    But when do we get it over her?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

Geektown are thinking September, as it started then in 2012.

But actual start date, well you could try emailing syfy as I have, you may get lucky, as I havent had a reply from mine.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »

Get in line :o
  • Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the new series, really enjoyed s1
  • Rebel StimsonRebel Stimson Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is the plot line?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is the plot line?

The internet is your friend
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Get in line :o
    Here....
    but then again..;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »

Don't you mean Canada pace?
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw an ad for this on SyFy earlier tonight and it looked pretty good...............might give it a go..............
    Forum Member
    Don't you mean Canada pace?
    But it is an easy mistake to make.

It seems Continuum {Season 1} started in the 'US', in January on the Syfy channel.

:cool:
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I saw an ad for this on SyFy earlier tonight and it looked pretty good...............might give it a go..............
    It is. They're repeating S1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is. They're repeating S1.

Thursday night at 10pm

I've ringed it in the Radio Times..............:p

Must say though that i do tend to watch the first 15-20 minutes of episode ones of a lot of series but then give up.............they've got to grab me quick !
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Thursday night at 10pm

I've ringed it in the Radio Times..............:p

Must say though that i do tend to watch the first 15-20 minutes of episode ones of a lot of series but then give up.............they've got to grab me quick !

Really? I don't think that's a fair chance. I normally give a show about eight episode to sink in.

Especially as there are a lot of shows past and present that didn't start out too strong but as it continued, it got a lot better.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I don't think that's a fair chance. I normally give a show about eight episode to sink in.
    Really? That sounds a little premature. I think a series needs at least a couple of hundred (full, 1 hour) episodes before you can judge whether it will be any good or not. :D

Actually I agree with the original - though personally I tend to give a show a "chance" up to the first ad-break. Either it's hooked me by then, or it hasn't. Occasionally a show has such an inexperienced writer that they mess up the intro and it only starts to get good later. Luckily there are so many repeats, +1s, "a chance to catch up" and reruns that there's little possibility of ever missing a show that you want to watch - unless you're really determined to.

Frankly there are too many alternatives to watching merely average TV to make putting up with bad telly a necessity.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't recall if Continuum was 'grab you by the throat' good in the first 15 mins - but it was one of my favourite shows last year. It benefited from there being a lively thread here though, with plenty of theories about what was going on. Maybe there'll be one for this run for new viewers.

I usually give at least a whole episode a go - though embaressingly I did give up half way through Spartacus episode 1. Luckily I gave it another go as its now one of my favs of recent years.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch a lot of telly that isn't live sport, news, docus............so I like to have only 1 or 2 dramas on the go at any one time, and a couple of comedies

So I am prety ruthless............if they don't grab me quick, they're out...............if I only want 2 hour long shows a week there's plenty of choice ! (At the moment I've only got 'The Walking Dead', I'm not watching any other series)

I've also get really fed up in the last few years with the trend for drama series makers to make everything so complicated with parallel stories, dead ends, flashbacks, flash sideways, flash forwards etc...........I can't be bothered with any more 'L
    ost' or 'Save The Cheerleader' things............I want to slump in front of the telly with something simple and maybe have a bit of a nap for 20 minutes and not feel like I've lost the plot............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I can't recall if Continuum was 'grab you by the throat' good in the first 15 mins - but it was one of my favourite shows last year.

For me it wasn't but I'm certainly glad I stuck with it, great surprise show of the year! Can't wait for S02 after the finale of S01.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love that :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have series linked this show. I missed it the first time. There are loads of sci-fi shows i need to get into. I would be very happy if Sci-fi started re-running Lost girl and Eureka from the start.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it, plan to continue with the rest of the first season. :)

However, I came across a spoiler about the finale (my own fault :o) and discovered that
    Kagame dies. That's a shame, he was the character I was most interested in when watching the first episode. :(

*Possibly didn't need to use spoiler tags, but better to be safe than sorry. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched.................that was OK

How would I sum it up............

Sigourney Weaver babe does an Arnie Terminator job, gets sent back in time with bunch of 'terrorists' who might turn out to be freedom fighters.............teams up with 'hunky' cop and geek kid to hunt down said 'terrorists'

Geeky kid is the future corporate dictator who the 'terrorists' are probably looking for

that's what I got so far.............but I'll stick with it, see if there's any twists..............